• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What type of music do you listen to ?

Rock, alternative rock, punk rock, folk rock and some pop but not much. Depends on the artist.

A bit of everything really. I listen to a lot of genres across many languages - but dark wave/electronic/synthpop is my absolute favourite.

It was Blaqk Audio and William Control that started it for me back in 2007/8 after I had been obsessed with the vocalists' other bands (AFI and Aiden, respectively) for years. Shortly after them I got into Ayria and The Twin (aka. Boy George). It exploded in May 2012 when I went to my first gig where Obscure Pleasures, The Fearless Vampire Killers, and William Control performed. I completely fell in love with the scene from that night.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Aesthetic Perfection, Blutengel, Frozen Plasma, and Massive Ego. ❤︎ ...and Cro. But his rap pop mash-up 'raop' doesn't fit in here haha.

most punk except prog lol . i listen to a lot if pop punk, punk rock and stuff like that. also alternative stuff in general and stuff that's not really indie but close-ish . also some more alternative pop lol

I listen to most types of music I guess, mainly anything that falls within rock and pop. But tbh my playlist is crazy.

I don't really listen to much, but the majority of the time I listen to BTS
I occasionally listen to Die Antwoord too

I like a little bit of everything. Country music is probably the one genre I have little interest in. Bachata is also the kind of genre where you listen to one and you've heard them all.

My favorites depend of my mood so if I'm in a happy mood, I'll likely listen to pop, reggaeton, r&b, or any song with high energy and catchy lyrics. If I'm in a sad mood, then angsty ballads and boleros are the way to go, lol. If I want to chill then indie, instrumentals, or any cute calm songs are ideal. Overall, international music is my favorite especially Spanish, French, Arabic, Japanese, or Korean.

I recently found out that my favourite genre is melodic death metal ; u ;

As long as you're not confusing it w/ metallic hardcore(a.k.a. metalcore). Hate it when that happens!

A bit of everything really. I listen to a lot of genres across many languages - but dark wave/electronic/synthpop is my absolute favourite.

It was Blaqk Audio and William Control that started it for me back in 2007/8 after I had been obsessed with the vocalists' other bands (AFI and Aiden, respectively) for years. Shortly after them I got into Ayria and The Twin (aka. Boy George). It exploded in May 2012 when I went to my first gig where Obscure Pleasures, The Fearless Vampire Killers, and William Control performed. I completely fell in love with the scene from that night.

Ahhhhh yesss! William Control deserves more fans and so did Aiden! Sad to see that band split! jw but did you listened to the band's final album? :eek:

As long as you're not confusing it w/ metallic hardcore(a.k.a. metalcore). Hate it when that happens!

Lol honestly I'm nowhere being an expert in music genres, especially all the subcategories of metal. I actually asked a metal head friend to help me identify the genre and that's what he told me so I trust his judgement xD I could always PM you some YouTube links of songs I liked & don't like and you can see if I'm correct or not?

I like a lot of music but most often synth pop and stuff that sounds "dreamy"

And well some good old psychedelic/- rock cant go wrong either.. and some old folk as well I guess. Not a fan of like, neo-psych/folk and stuff though.

low-fi and indie garbage

but i can tolerate all genres of music except grime and rap

ok so i actually googled a bit bc i am really bad w genres but i mostly seem to listen to punk rock, pop punk, pop rock, alternative rock, alternative hip hop, alternative pop, indie pop, indie rock, 2 some extent soul and progressive house, electropop, dream pop and emo .,...
so basically rock, punk, pop and alternative in a bazillion mixes. i will listen to most alternative, rock and punk stuff except for any type of hard rock, metal, hardcore punk, screamo n stuff like that. i really really Really don't like those genres sbfkxdjfk

Ahhhhh yesss! William Control deserves more fans and so did Aiden! Sad to see that band split! jw but did you listened to the band's final album? :eek:

I remember starting to listen to it but can't remember if I managed the whole thing. I fell out of love with them post-Conviction. Lost interest with the genre. But absolutely, yes, he needs more fans! I've so much respect for how good he is with fans. When one of his gigs was cancelled here in 2013 I got to hang out with him one-on-one for a couple hours and we still talk from time to time.

I listen to old country. I also listen to love songs because I?m a hopeless romantic at heart.

I listen to a loooot of fusion/jazz, R&B and soul, funk, and alternative. I don't like country or metal, and the music I listen to is usually quite rhythmically interesting or complex. The reason I like soul/funk/fusion so much is because I am a bass guitar player.

Punk, indie, folk, psychedelic, industrial (or anything that sounds really trashy, to be honest)

Last edited:
Back