• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Starting up again after 2 years - tips ?

TortimerCrossing

♡ bad egg ♡
Bells
Sheep Plush
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Tasty Cake
White Cosmos
Togepi Easter Egg
tumblr_inline_niyn5ntHcI1ry72eo.gif Hi everyone! tumblr_inline_niyn5ntHcI1ry72eo.gif

Two years ago I loved acnl and this forum! Sad to say, I went away to college and did some big-girl things. Today i grabbed my DS and decided I want to start back up again! Two years is a long time, especially in animal crossing time. So, I was wondering if you guys had any tips on getting myself and my villagers back into the groove.

I had an old thread for a 16 villager cycle because my baby Freya had moved out and I would love to get her back so I might put that on my to-do list.

Anyways, if you guys do have tips, or even stories of your own please let me know! Now, to get rid of this bedhead...

Well I'd first pick any weeds if some grew, kill any roaches if they appear, go to Shampoodle, and make an effort to talk to all of your villagers immediately. Maybe send them some letters to replenish the friendship you have with them. Then, get into town and start working like you never left. Buy new furniture, new clothing, go catch beetles, buy turnips, and participate in any AC:NL events. And if there are some villagers you aren't attached to, get them to move out and others to move in.

And you said two years? That means you just got the update, correct? Complete some of Harvey's initiatives and see who's at the RV ground.

I like to tt to the date I last played if I haven't played for a while to make sure my favorite villagers don't move. Then tt to the correct date once someone asks to move. The update has a lot of cool new furniture. I recently made a new character and I plan on filling their house with furniture from amiibo and the campground. They also added more storage in your house which is pretty cool.

If you didn't get a villager to ask you to move on the last day you played, set your 3DS calendar to that date. You can check when that was on your activity log. Then just time travel slowly until someone asks to move and you can say no. Then you can set the date to whatever you want (like today) without losing any of your villagers, if that's something you're worried about.

Go around your town and reintroduce yourself to everyone, of course. Pick weeds, get a refresher on what you were planning on doing that you didn't. Are there missing museum or shop items you want to collect? Decorations you've been meaning to add?

With the new update, there's also more stuff to catch up on and every day you get new challenges to earn coupons you can use to buy things from the campsite. That's a neat feature if you've been away and don't even knew where to begin.

Starting again huh? Well i know i guy who knows a guy, who knows another guy, who buy a game from another guy, which hear from another guy who start again.

It was a rainy day and everything was fine until a this guy find his Nintendo3DS with Animal Crossing New Leaf, the feeling coming through his body and the memories coming from a Town with lots of Animals create a smile in his face. Geez... Starting again? What if some of my Villagers left? What if... No, challenge accepted, i'm going to start again.

But seriously, i want to give you some advices about starting again.
-You can always change things.
-Check out if no one move out.
-Get familiarized again with the game.
-Hybrid.
-Get the new WA Items.
-You can re-do things.
-Get back Freya can be a great mission.

Good luck!

Back