• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

reset urges

Charcolor

icon: mayor maker by kyoosh
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4805-1672-6310
Yellow Lily
Yellow Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
aoki is my first town, and i'm very attached to it, and i want to keep it for as long as i can.

that being said, sometimes i wish i could start a new town. i think it would be fun to start the game for the first time again and see how the town looks, what fruit i have, who my villagers are, etc. the only way i can do that while keeping aoki is by buying more copies of acnl, but i'm not made of money.
i've been thinking if i get enough money in the future i can buy a digital copy of acnl so i can start a second, resettable town just for fun. as in, i don't think i could grow as attached to it as i was to aoki, so i could use that town to reset whenever i wanted to. but it seems a bit much to pay money just to satisfy my need for new beginnings, you know?
does anyone else feel like this...?

All the dang time. I recently gave in and restarted my town after I got bored with it. I don't regret it though, it's refreshing because I wouldn't have really been able to just re landscape my town. Like the map was pretty much set and everything. I have considered getting a second copy but I am also not made of money, and I'm saving up to buy another DS so my brother can buy mine (long story). I know that I can visit my old town in the dream suite so that helps too!

Lol...I've bought 6 copies.
I only have one now. Long story. But yeah 6.

I would reset my town, but I don't want to try to find some of the cool dlc furniture again. I also like most of my villagers. I don't know if I want to buy another copy of the game though. I tend to just make a new character if I get bored.

I had the same town for years and felt like this sometimes. I usually just changed things up a bit to keep my town feeling interesting and new. I ended up resetting for the first time last week and so far I don't regret it, especially since the feature to sell your towns means you're not starting 100% from scratch.

Maybe just wait for a bit and try to think of ways to make your town more fun to play in. Redecorate, change up your villagers, try to make a chellenge out of transforming it and making the most out of it. It's much easier to put off resetting and do it later if you're 100% sure, then it is to get back your town if you regret restting it.

Don't be too scared of resetting if that's what you really want. Being able to sell your town, adopt villagers, etc. make it easier to not feel like you're starting from 0 and get back some of the nice things in your old town.

I've been meaning to get a second copy of ACNL for ages now but I still haven't, there are usually other games that I end up spending that money on. I'm still thinking of doing that in the future, but not right now since I have my new town to work on. Maybe if you just want a second town to experiment with you could buy a used copy, depending on where you live they may be much cheaper than buying a new one.

Yes I do. I put over 500 hours in my first town. Reset. Now on 500 hours yesterday on my new town. I really like my town though and don't think a better map would be worth it. I had an extra copy I gave to friend but don't mind I can't manage two towns.

yeah. all the time ive had this town for four years. the only reason why im going to reset soon is because i can easily walk around the town with my eyes closed at this point, there is nothing new and nothing fun to do anymore.

Back