How do you make sure a new villager Moves into a certain spot?

ZeFeZ

Dragonite! 💙
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
ど
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Leif
Kirby Easter Egg
Poptart Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Hello,

Could anyone help me with this?

Ive got 10 Villagers now and honestly how do I get 1 to Move out?
And Let a new villager build a house at q certain spot?

Thank you for anyone helping out.

Long attempt at an answer

Some of the Amiibo cards give you a camper in the trailer park that you can ask to move in permanently. After you ask them to move in, if your village is full, the game will let you choose which of your current villagers will move out to make room for the new guy. The card packs are an inexpensive way to get rid of a villager you don't like provided that you're not too picky with who replaces that villager. The card method will get expensive if you're trying to find a specific villager's card, though, since the card packs are randomised. I've watched my wife successfully evict several villagers using this method.

It's harder to control where the new villager places their house though. Here's the method I use: On the days when you are expecting a new villager to move in, start a new player character. The new character will be a throwaway, so don't worry about what you say to Rover during the introduction, or their name. Any name will do, even gibberish. Enter your town with the new character, go through your entire town with the new character while looking for the expected new villager's housing plot (the staked out area where Tom Nook will build the new villagers house). If you like the location of the new villagers house, complete the process of placing your player character's house (which will require finding a place to put the house--you might have to destroy some trees or placed patterns to find a place), talk to Isabelle to receive a TPC card for the throwaway character and save your game. Once you have saved the game, you have secured the location of your new villager's house. Quit the game, restart, choose the throwaway character's name, Tell Isabelle that you need help with other things, and then ask Isabelle to destroy the throwaway player character's house. Isabelle's reaction to this request is funny. After the throwaway character is deleted, start the game with one of your normal characters. Your new villagers future house plot should be in the location you want it to be, and the throwaway player character's tent will be gone, leaving a bare spot for you to re-landscape.

What will likely happen a few times is that you will start your game with a new throwaway character, run around your town, and find that your new villager has placed the site of their future home in a really lousy spot. When this happens, turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button (absolutely do NOT quit properly or save! Just power off. Don't worry, in this context it's safe.) Restart your 3DS, start Animal Crossing, create another throwaway character, run around your town again, and look for the new villagers future home plot. If it isn't where you want it to be, quit without saving again. Keep repeating this process until the new villagers future home plot is in a location that you are happy with, then save and delete your throwaway player character. The first time you start the game with one of your normal characters, your town map will locked for that day and all changes will be permanent.

As long as you start your game with a throwaway character, there will be no penalty for quitting abruptly without saving. Resetti will not appear. I have used this method many times to place my villagers houses, and I can vouch that it works. It's just really tedious. Don't save unless you are happy with your new villagers home location.

I hope this answers your question adequately. If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to help as much as I can. Good luck, Mayor!

If you go through the process of creating a throwaway character only to find that your new villager hasn't arrived yet, still take the trouble to save and delete the throwaway character. The next day (after 6 am), start another throwaway character and repeat the process. Do this every morning until your new villagers housing plot appears.

Wow, ok. Let me trying to help answer this.

Which villager wants to move next is random, other than the fact that it's impossible/rare for your 10th villager to ask you to move.

If you time travel, that makes it quicker to move out a specific villager. There are a lot of methods out there but make sure to be careful to not move too far into the future, pay attention to moving talk, etc. The method I've been using recently is this one: http://girlsguidetopowertools.tumbl...o-quickly-move-specific-villagers-out-without. It works pretty well since it makes it easier to make sure you don't have to go through the speech your villagers give you when you've been away for a while. There are many others and I can try to find links to those too.

Just keep in mind that the move out time has increased since the last update. It may also be helpful to know that TTing any amount of time backwards is equivalent to one day forward.

When I last followed the guide above, instead of TTing just 5 days I did a bit more, so in the example, instead of June 5th I'd pick 8th or so.

If you don't want to time travel, then you'll just have to be patient. Make sure you're on talking terms with all of your villagers (as in, they don't give you a lecture about how you've been away for such a long time) and make sure to see them on a regular basis so you won't miss out any requests to move.

To get a villager to move into a certain spot, you can now use patterns to fill up your town. If you leave a 3x3 spot that a villager can move into, they're more likely to plot their house there.

When I have a villager moving in, I plot reset. Again, there are some different methods for this. The way I do it is to set my 3DS clock to a couple of days or so ahead of the date I invited the villager in. Then I start the game with a new character and look around the town for a house or plot. If it's in a bad spot, I just quit and don't save. If it's in a spot I like, then I'll go through the process of setting up my new character by going to talk to Isabelle, getting a TPC, etc. (You can delete the new character after you've saved!)

I recommend doing that even if you're using the pattern thing.

You should keep in mind that there are restrictions to where villagers can plot. Obviously, they can't plot where there are rocks and whatever. There's also a limit to how many villagers can move into a given area of the map.

Make sure to put patterns in the places you DON'T want be occupied by the Villager so literally you make force em to move to the place you want.
-Think that you have to make sure that there are zones that look that a Villager never move in, but believe, if they can move there, they're going to do it.
-No matter if the Villager have the wanted space free, if you leave a "viable zone" open, the villager ALWAYS ignore the wanted zone and go to the viable zone.

Now...
-If you don't have the 4 Villager created yet, you can always start a new file to see where the Villager place him self so...
a) If the Villager don't move into the wanted place DO NOT SAVE and start again.
b) If the Villager move into the right place, save creating the villager. You can always erase the character whenever you want.
c) After placing the Villager start with your Mayor and well... Be happy.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I didn't know that patterns prevent villagers from placing their houses now. I stopped playing for a while and recently started back up again. Thanks, everyone, for this information.

I placed a lot of patterns in my town. I placed them close to each other so a new villager would not move in the wrong spot. Then I made a new caracter to see if i did not forgot a spot. When the villager moved in the right spot I saved the new caracter en deleted it afterwards.

Back