Villagers, NPC's, their personalities and dialogs - Kinda dull in NL?

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I play now NL for several years and don't get me wrong, I love the game, the villagers and
NPC's, but after a while, it feels like the villagers and NPC's became kinda lame when it comes
to their personalities and dialogs.

Compared to the older AC games, personalities for the villagers like cranky or snooty for example
are dumbed down in NL in my opinion. Like if I see how the cranky villagers acted back in WW and
now in NL, they are way more friendly in NL, which kinda bothers me.

Same goes for NPC's. It feels like back in the older games, you could done more with them.
It was cool when the more you talked with them, their would talked about they backstories
and so on. I miss this a lot. I also don't like that Resseti is more soft in NL compared to WW
for example. I like him more when he is really angry, it just fits better to his character. And
I wish you would get the chance to hear Isabelle's backstory, like what she have done before
she became the assistant for the mayor. Or maybe how Reese and Cyrus met etc.

What do you think? Do you also have noticed this and miss the way the characters acted in
the older games or is it ok for you how they are now? Or don't you care at all about it? I would
like to hear your opinions about it.

Seems to be quite a common complaint about the dumbed down personalities. I've never played the GC version other than a few short plays, but that alone was enough for me to see the difference. I had a cranky bear who was really sassy with his attitude. I don't particularly like or dislike how NL crankies are friendlier, but the variation of dialog definitely seems more limited. I get the same handful of questions daily from my villagers. If we were connected by a string, what colour would it be? Would I be chocolate or a pretzel? I'm sure these sound all too familiar to many of us here. :rolleyes:

Back