• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Puyo Puyo/Puyo Pop

lars708

Dutch PPCS Regional no. 1
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3952-4112-1626
Pikachu Easter Egg
Timmy Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Lump of Coal
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
So ye I got Puyo Puyo Tetris on release but I haven't really gotten around to play it until just recently AND I LOVE PUYO PUYO BUT I'M SO BAD AT IT! I can only set up chains of up to 3 if I'm lucky and every time I go online there are people who get 8-10 chains which completely DEMOLISH me.

Still fun tho, I promise. :)

Are there actually people here who play Puyo Puyo? It appears that not many people know about it as this is the second game in the series to release outside of Japan (in Japan there are tons of games, in fact, a new 3DS game came out last year and it looks so good I need it). I mean I've known about it for quite a while because of the Puyo minigames in Sega Superstar games but this is the first time I've actually played the 'main' game.

Last edited:
Was thinking of buying the 25th anniversary box of Chronicles but eh not worth it for just a theme and random soundtracks. But yeah the tetris editions look real fun.

Was thinking of buying the 25th anniversary box of Chronicles but eh not worth it for just a theme and random soundtracks. But yeah the tetris editions look real fun.

I don't have a Japanese 3DS sadly...
Though if you have basically any Japanese last gen console you could get it on one of those. Apparently Puyo Puyo Tetris was available on Wii U and 3DS in Japan.

I don't have a Japanese 3DS sadly...
Though if you have basically any Japanese last gen console you could get it on one of those. Apparently Puyo Puyo Tetris was available on Wii U and 3DS in Japan.

Recently got one, and I was looking to order something along with my Pok?mon Sun copy but ended up with a box of Neptunia badges. And yeah they are probably on eshop or someone have them physical as well probably.

I got Puyo Puyo Tetris as well (it's a little too cute). I just realize now that prior to this game that I haven't played Puyo Puyo game in YEARS. It's kind of okay I guess but I prefer Tetris... even though I screw myself over every game xD

But overall imo: Puzzle league > Tetris > Puyo Puyo.

Puzzle league rules!

Last edited:
I got Puyo Puyo Tetris as well (it's a little too cute). I just realize now that prior to this game that I haven't played Puyo Puyo game in YEARS. It's kind of okay I guess but I prefer Tetris... even though I screw myself over every game xD

But overall imo: Puzzle league > Tetris > Puyo Puyo.

Puzzle league rules!

Oh yeah, Puzzle League is a thing... Forgot about that! I personally don't have a favorite I like them all equally :D

Never played Puzzle League actually but I love me some Tetris (64 is the best tbh :p). Probably would like those Puyo games since I'm a sucker for those aha.

Speaking of 64 I just remembered some of the most amazing puzzle games like Tetrisphere, Wetrix, and Puzzle Bobble 2. Can't ever forget Wario Woods to SNES either. Ooooohhhh how I miss playing those games! T_T

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE

- - - Post Merge - - -

ive only played 15th anniversery and like 2 minutes of uhh 7? idk but i LOVE IT

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE

- - - Post Merge - - -

ive only played 15th anniversery and like 2 minutes of uhh 7? idk but i LOVE IT

Omg Haidorenjia

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm getting better at this, can now consistently get chains of 5 and if the puyos are in my favor I can get up to 8 chains :D Raffina and Rulue are definitely my favorites

RAINBOW DELUXE
FIGHTING QUEEN

Last edited:
This thread is absolute proof that Puyo is dead LMAO

like ARMS?

Yeah but at least ARMS sold well because it got a lot of attention from Nintendo, being the large company it is, it means that the game would sell decently well because every hardcore fan will get the game no matter what. Puyo Puyo does not have the same effect because the fanbase is small and the company that owns the rights to Puyo Puyo is not exactly known for quality games.

I'm a fan of Puyo Puyo. I started with Mean Bean Machine and found out about the series through knowing about Puyo Pop Fever in Sega Allstars Tennis and looking up about it.

Also, Puyo Puyo Tetris is actually the forth game in the series to be localized in English.

The first was Puyo Pop/Minna de Puyo Puyo (Puyo Puyo for Everyone) on GBA

Then we got Puyo Pop Fever on Gamecube, GBA and DS

Although it wasn't translated in English (because tbh, the only Japanese in the game was instructions and voices), the 3DS remake of the arcade version of Puyo Puyo Tsu (2) was included in Sega 3D Classics Collection on 3DS which came out before Puyo Puyo Tetris

Now, we have Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I haven't played the others, but am familiar with games like the original Puyo Puyo, Puyo Puyo Sun, Puyo Puyo Fever 2, Puyo Puyo 7, and Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary (please tell me I got that number right)

I'm not super good at the game, but have been improving. I can make chains, but I need to work on different formations. I'm also trying to improve my Tetris with T-spins and combos as well as my Fusion mode skills.

I was already aware of Puyo Puyo Tetris before it was ever localized, but never thought it would ever be.

I was real hyped for Puyo Puyo Tetris and got a tad too deep into learning about the origin of the series after playing it for a bit.
Madou Monogatari, and subsequently Puyo Puyo, is quite an enigma of a series, that's for sure.

Regardless, I've found myself enjoying Puyo more than Tetris. It takes a while to figure out exactly how in depth Puyo can be though, since it seems deceptively simple. I bet it'd probably be a bit more popular if people gave it a shot, which the Switch's small library at the time helped with that. Half of the appeal of PPT is it's versatility though, so a solely Puyo game would probably not fare well in the West.

Last edited:
I was real hyped for Puyo Puyo Tetris and got a tad too deep into learning about the origin of the series after playing it for a bit.
Madou Monogatari, and subsequently Puyo Puyo, is quite an enigma of a series, that's for sure.

Regardless, I've found myself enjoying Puyo more than Tetris. It takes a while to figure out exactly how in depth Puyo can be though, since it seems deceptively simple. I bet it'd probably be a bit more popular if people gave it a shot, which the Switch's small library at the time helped with that. Half of the appeal of PPT is it's versatility though, so a solely Puyo game would probably not fare well in the West.

That's exactly what I did as well omg

Huh, an actual puyo puyo thread here.

I got into puyo after watching all the cutscenes from puyo puyo tetris online, and now I'm honestly just obsessed with puyo. Shame we've only had puyo puyo tetris in English in the last ten years, which is missing a lot of fan favourite characters. Everyone I know that has it only got it because it had tetris in it and they have no idea what puyo is, so I don't really get to play it against people very often (I don't like touching puzzle league because I can get really worked up if I'm puyo vs tetris).

I'm not crazy good at puyo but I do aim to improve; I can do consistent 5 chains.

I play Puyo Puyo Tetris for the PS4! I'm about halfway or so completed with story mode, though some of the CPU opponents can be very difficult at times, haha... //looks at Ecolo

Yeah Ecolo is no pushover in story mode and even less so in just normal Vs. Mode.
I found him pretty much the only hard part of the story mode, moreso than the actual final battles for some reason.

woah a puyo thread?
nice

i mostly got into it from watching PPT videos, and i playe PPVS2 alot with friends. not really good at it but i can be decent enough i guess.

also got in because bug boy is 2 good

Back