• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Starting over is strange...

Aubrey895

Islander Lyric of Lily Cove
Apple 🍎
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
I had my original town since June 2013. Until I lost my 3ds. But I won't get into that.
Anyways...so I had everything. All the DLC released. Almost full catalog...100+ million bells

So it's very strange starting over with absolutely nothing...lol

I keep seeing stuff on here that I want..and have to keep reminding myself.. wait, you're broke.

But at the same time...a fresh start is nice...

For me, the beginning is the best part of ACNL. There's so much to work up towards in the game that there's always something to work on, and so it's exciting.
If you're really worried about all the money and catalog, I'm sure people around here would love to help out ~

I'm probably going to start a new town soon as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing what will come of it.

For me, the beginning is the best part of ACNL. There's so much to work up towards in the game that there's always something to work on, and so it's exciting.
If you're really worried about all the money and catalog, I'm sure people around here would love to help out ~

I'm probably going to start a new town soon as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing what will come of it.

That is true. And the first time I bought most of the special items on here instead of getting it myself. Like the island stuff and event day stuff. The snowman furniture I bought on here..kinda lame lol. So this gives me a chance to get everything myself. So it is good I had to restart.

It is strange. I restarted my town after two years. I was poor then and I'm still poor now. It's good because I have a much better layout. It's nice in a way to start over but I'm waiting for my town to feel like home again.

Strange and uncomfortable considering one is more familiar with the town they used to have, but hey! There's always a good point.
New horizons and you never know what can happen in a new Town.
(Insert inspiring Mario Galaxy music here), there's a world full of new adventures out there! Just think in what mew things you can create and how many happy moments you can have!

But seriously... You can take the chance to make things better that you do in your old town. Good luck!

Last edited:
I ended up erasing my town instead of selling it after realizing that reselling it wasn't making me happy for some reason.

I'd outright FORGOTTEN some of the mechanics in this game because I was on easy street. Especially shaking trees for furniture and bells. Honestly, while I know I'll miss my catalog, PWP list, and bells, this also feels very refreshing. I don't feel pressured to get back to where I was, because I can't tell myself, "you have the bells, why aren't you working on x, y, or z?"

Back