• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where is your house and why?

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
My house is under my town tree by the cliff edge.
I wanted my house by the beach and to easily be able to see what weekly visitors where there. In my last town my town tree was so far from everything it was so annoying to get to and I never went to it. I have to say it's a nice set up. I regret I can't landscape my front yard because I've seen people do amazing​ things with it. But the cliff is my yard the beach waves inside make up for it.

So where is your home and why? What to you like and dislike about it?

My house is right next to the train station. I just really like it in that spot because it let's other players find where I am quicker.

Both of my mayors houses are by the cliff on the lower half of town so that no one can move in front of my house and I can hear the ocean from each of my rooms.

My house is in the center of my town, right under the river. It's right next to my other characters house, so I think it's pretty perfect ^^! It's just easiest being in the center imo. Everything is equal distance from it.

Mine is right by the waterfall and not too far from the beach. I have a decent amount of room for a front yard still.

004_town_map_may.jpg

I wish my mayor's house was where my second character is living.
I couldnt because Merengue used to live there.
So I have it built near the Re-tail. This way i can reach re-tail, town hall and the dock quickly

It's a good spot. Except is getting quite crowded now lol

Last edited:
Right under the upper waterfall, I love seeing it behind my house.

Places where I've had my mayors house over the years:

1. First town at release - can't remember ;)
2. Near Town Hall and Re-Tail and the beach to the east - it was a great spot actually but I had left 5 spaces from the Train Station. Villagers moved in right behind me. I eventually reset because of this.
3. Sandwiched In between Re-Tail and Town Hall. The convenience was nice but I never expected so many villagers to walk right up to my front door. Awkward! After 2 years I reset.

4. Right next to the Cliff waterfall. (Rumble) Lovely.
5. Private peninsula overlooking the beach. (Pixel) my favorite mayors house location for sure!

Places I will never live:

- Right centered below the town tree. Never enough room for landscaping. Off to the side - much better!

Five spots above the river, and three or four spots right of the river. It's an annoying placement sometimes as there isn't much space at the front to work with and I can't put any PWPs in front (unless they're small) but I like seeing the water, and I can fish from my front porch.

My house is in the south, overlooking the beach. I prefer being right by the beach anyway, but it's also near the Town Hall, Re-Tail and the plaza so I can get around and take care of business relatively quickly.

when i first started playing in aoki, there was a section of town by the beach with absolutely no buildings whatsoever. i thought it'd be cool if the mayor was secluded from the rest of the villagers. now i have two next-door neighbors, but that's okay because they're two of my best buds, chester and bluebear. :D

In my first town it's way up in a corner, because I don't like having neighbors and it gets​ really annoying when you exit your house the villager who lives​ close to you will usually always be first one to ping at you (when you become great friends) and it can mess you up if you're trying to find someone who's trying to move away.
Almost lost villagers because of that. (I use my secondary characters now to find anyone trying to move on me, it's much better since I don't play with them)

Top left because I have my own little peninsula by a waterfall that separates me from everything else. I kind of regret not moving by the sea because I love the sound of the waves in dream address homes by the beach.

Last edited:
my house is super far from the train station, probably why it takes me so long to rush to open my gates XD

My mayor's house is near the bottom next to the cliff, only because I couldn't place my house on the beach. (Come on Nook!) My second character is near the event plaza and my third character is near the river and the train station. I like having some variety.

I've built the mayor's house on the bottom part beside the cliff waterfall. I initially planned to have two more alt characters so I thought that was probably the ideal place so I could align it with the other houses. Being near the waterfall is nice and near the beach/ramp is a bonus.

My house is under my town tree by the cliff edge.
I wanted my house by the beach and to easily be able to see what weekly visitors where there. In my last town my town tree was so far from everything it was so annoying to get to and I never went to it. I have to say it's a nice set up. I regret I can't landscape my front yard because I've seen people do amazing​ things with it. But the cliff is my yard the beach waves inside make up for it.

So where is your home and why? What to you like and dislike about it?

My House is right at the edge of the Cliff over seeing my Private Beach (A Beach that you can only access through swimming) and the Deep Ocean! I regret putting it 2 steps away from the edge, but I really like it because I can jump off the cliff and into the ocean from my front door!

My house is near the beach, close to a ramp. I like hearing ocean sounds, and beach houses in general are the best.

Back