• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where is your house and why?

My mayors house is right in a little nook surrounded by the river. It's big enough for me to landscape all around, but not big enough for villagers to squeeze in to. I really like where it is at, and it is right in the middle so everything is pretty much equal distance away.

The bottom right corner of town, other places I wanted were taken at the time, I like my spot because the waterfall is right above my house and I have the diving cliff too if I want to go for a swim. :blush:

My house is right on the edge of the cliff overlooking the beach. I wanted it to be far enough that I could landscape around the area but still close enough to the train station/town hall so I could have easy access to them. The only disappointing part is that my Retail is on the opposite side. If I could do it over, I'd pick a more central location and leave a bit more space for landscaping. I left equal spaces for all my houses and I feel like my side characters' homes wouldn't suffer with a little less space around them.

My house is located at the far edge of the village. I enjoy walking along the cliff and looking at all the flowers I planted.

IMG_4613.JPG
IMG_4612.JPG

Mine is between the waterfall and the cliff. I wanted a quiet area I could call my own, where my 'land' is obvious. I also love that I can hear the sea inside my house <3

I planted it right in front of the downward pathway to Kapp'ns dock with the bendy river behind it. I thought it was a perfect place until all these rando villagers thought it would be delightful to move right next door and have secret meetings behind my home.

Mine is on the right half of my town, right by the waterfall & cliff down to the beach - I also have a small private beach I can get to from there, which is cool :)

My house is at the bottom next to the beach. I love it when you can hear the sea in the house.

Mine is right next to the river/waterfall and beach. It's in a nice little corner so I'm happy with it. Though it's a little far from Re-Tail and the Town Hall.

Far left side of town, just above a river, right next to town hall, super close to Flurry and Ketchup's houses

I made the mistake of placing my mayor's house two spaces away from the river (the river is right in front of the door). I regret this because now I don't have enough space for any pretty landscaping in front of or near the house.

I've come to terms with it though. It's close to retail, town hall and the train station. Plus, there's enough space for a two-spaced path. I remember when I placed the mayor's house (never having played acnl before and not knowing it was a pretty important decision in the game) that I put it there because it's close to realism. I live by the riverside in real life, too. Hope I didn't just give away my address!

Back