Pen Pals

Do you have a penpal & what is your opinion on penpals?

• I have a penpal and I dislike it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a penpal and I don't mind it.

• I have had a penpal in the past and I did not enjoy it.

• Total voters
I used to have a pen pal named Carly. She was from Australia and I met her on a cruise when I was seven. She had an interesting life because her family traveled the world, while mine was quite boring. It was so fun while it lasted though!

Well, I've always liked the idea of having a pen pal, but I never had one. Probably because my mom didn't want me giving my address to strangers.

But I do have a couple of people I chat online with, most of them are from the states, some are really far away, and some are actually really nearby. We talk about general stuff, but it does give me a chance to learn about how where they live is different from where I live: right in the middle of a giant cornfield in Ohio. I probably get more culture from my online friends than I get anywhere else lol :lemon:

It would be cool to send a letter though, I like getting little hand-written notes and gifts and things in the mail. I also love getting letters in general, but haha, who does that anymore?

this. the only letters i get these days are bank statements and spam mail lmao. and the occasional 'gay is sin, rap4jezuz' type of leaflet.

Well, I've always liked the idea of having a pen pal, but I never had one. Probably because my mom didn't want me giving my address to strangers.

But I do have a couple of people I chat online with, most of them are from the states, some are really far away, and some are actually really nearby. We talk about general stuff, but it does give me a chance to learn about how where they live is different from where I live: right in the middle of a giant cornfield in Ohio. I probably get more culture from my online friends than I get anywhere else lol :lemon:

It would be cool to send a letter though, I like getting little hand-written notes and gifts and things in the mail. I also love getting letters in general, but haha, who does that anymore?

I do! It's immense fun, especially if you find someone you have a lot in common with, I have a pen-pal who is also really into witchy stuff and stones like I am, so we send each other nice stones back and fourth with our letters. For my other pen-pals we send pictures and stickers for the most part, but I've gotten a candy from one of them and I am sure around the holidays I will be sending them small things, I've been really wanting to make little clay charms for each of them having to do with some of their interests cause I think that would be so neat!

If it was cheaper and I lived alone with less trust issue I probably would have enjoyed it. But sending stuff abroad can be pretty expensive... I'm already broke from all customs **** just ordering from companies lol...

If it was cheaper and I lived alone with less trust issue I probably would have enjoyed it. But sending stuff abroad can be pretty expensive... I'm already broke from all customs **** just ordering from companies lol...

Mang I would write you so hard if I could. I buy Worldwide stamps for my pen-pals from other countries, that way I don't have to put on two/three stamps for it to get there. But yeah, to actually ship stuff besides letters is a pain BUT I DO IT FOR LOVE

i dont like writing letters or talking 1 on 1 w someone i barely know... if i would have a pen pal i would much rather do it via the internet, like, even email would be better than physical letters lolll. i dont see anything good or fun w having a penpal and i much prefer forums or w/e when communicating w people u dont know

the animal crossing group im in on facebook has a pen pal program that i signed up for! i cant wait to buy cute new stationery and letter sets :)

Back