• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT Activity and Users.

I may be new to the forum but I plan on staying here. I may not be able to post every day as my life is busy lately but I try to come on as often as possible.

I've noticed it too, I was a lot more active this time last year than I am now too, it just seems so quiet lately.

I agree, it seems so empty which just makes it feel boring and uninteresting, and in return makes me not want to come on lol

Hmm... today was pretty empty. :(

I agree. I used to be on more last week, but it's been so slow - and waiting around for new threads/posts gets boring so I never have the tab open anymore. It seems like a domino effect tbh. It makes other users not want to get on, and then rinse and repeat. Like Jake said, it's only natural and will probably be remedied with a new main title. :D

TBT is better when it's inactive, you find the people who'll stick around.
Ya but there are less things to do. There used to be a lot more events and gaming tourneys and such. :/

Last edited:
What keeps me coming online here is trading Animal Crossing items and amiibo cards as well as chatting with people. :) The events are a bonus but they aren't mandatory for me.

I used to be on bunches when I made my account back in 2015, and activity has definitely dropped. But that's ok! When a new game comes back everyone that may have moved on from this place (like I did when I went to college) will come craaaawlin back! The game most likely will be on the switch though, which my bank account is not yet ready to splurge on.

Last edited:
I'm pretty on/off on this site lol
I haven't posted in a bit and wanted to check in today and saw this thread on the front page.

I'm On/off with ACNL in general too so whenever I decide to come back to my town and check and see what's weird in my town and what I want to replace. This is usually the time i come back too.
I come back onto the site at the same time I become active on all, I guess it goes hand in hand

lol my activity largely depends on that of my homeboy lynn bungo

i don't know
mafia was my **** but then people died and the community grew to be viewed as toxic as well as half of them just up and leaving and aforementioned homeboy stopped a lot earlier than i did and so i kinda stopped coming here and moved on to pok?community but now the same thing is happening over there; all my amigos are leaving and i'm trying to talk with new people but it's just not the same without like gogojjtech, daniils, avara, le pug, danny, joexv, liuyanghejerry, dkhtp, giradialkia, and even like ipatix. there's no sense of discovery anymore because now we have people rewriting the battle engine in c and just modifying to such an exten where there's no fun in discovery anymore. even perfectly implementing like diagonal walking or entirely overwriting the tile system (shoutout to gogo) are kind of just mentioned and discarded directly after

although it's nice to see bowie getting in on mafia tbh <3

I made my account here yesterday, and compared to other forums I've been active on: tbt is actually really active. Every time I refresh the page, something new has been posted. You honestly don't see that that often. wonder what that was like in the old days, as everyone is saying activity is going down.

This place is quite but it's okay, hopefully some new members who will be active will join sometime.

Last edited:
It's June 1st and... it has kinda been more active recently but that's probably just me.

Last edited:
I wonder what amount of influence the app will have when it gets released. I would hypothesize to say it would bring more inactive members in than new ones.

Also concerning the summer, I basically dropped out of TBT once I was out of school for break and no longer used it for procrastination, haha. But spending more time on the forum per sitting makes it seem less active because you've gone through everything. During the school year, the forum felt decently busy to me, but I would only spend an hour or two when I did drop by.

It's much slower, but it's a good kind of slow that you can actually keep up with so I'm fine with it. I still come here daily even though I've lost most to all of my interest in Animal Crossing in general just because there's threads for other games that still get some attention. I'm looking forward to what the site will be like once Splat 2 releases since the first game was such a big hit here, so it may pick up a bit in activity once that happens. Arms could do that too but I feel like that'll be another Pokken tbh; relevant for a week and then it's deleted from everyone's memory, never to be mentioned again.

Just compare it to Smashboards (another site where I have 0 interest in the main game but I still visit daily), a website that's substantially larger than TBT, and is about a game much more popular and active than Animal Crossing. There's Smash 4 tournaments held every day all around the world so the game is surely not dead. But then you look at the boards for each Sm4sh character and only 3 of them have any posts today, Zelda and Corrin (both of them in their Social threads, which are both just for chatting and rarely contain any talk about Smash; right now both of them are talking about Fire Emblem Heroes lul), and Rosalina & Luma (which is actually talking about the game and how to manage Luma). Then you give a sad glance over at the Ike boards which hasn't received a single post since mid-April. So yeah, it's pretty much just because Ninty hasn't had many big releases lately except for Breath of the Wild, but that's still the only one they've had in... over a year maybe?

I don't actually mind a smaller community - you get to know people better and get in touch with the same people. I'm used to fandoms with smaller communities, so when I came here (which was not long after the Welcome Amiibo update release) it was huge compared to what I had seen. I've been back and forth over this community for little while, and you kinda notice that it's either the same (loyal? :p) members or new members posting. ACNL has been out for years now. But the next thing in Animal Crossing we will probably see another increase of activity, it's only natural. This forum is still far from dying out imo though.

I've seen 103 as the highest amount of members being logged on at the same time! :eek:
It can still be rather low for many, but it seems nice there are more members active a bit more...

I do agree that this community lacked activity and some users left since I first joined. I feel like ever since the amiibo update happened in NL, there was a boom in production in places like ReTail to sell and buy items. Villager Trading Plaza did not seem very lucky, as a person could simply buy the cards instead of purchasing from there. On a daily basis, I see once-valuable villagers voided because no one wants them anymore. But that's just how I feel. But I kind of do like a small community, although, I do wish to see some of the old members back again. :(

Smh so it seems AC Switch isn't coming atm. :/
It seems there is a slight increase in usage here though.

Last edited:
I agree, activity has gotten quite slow over the past couple of months. Especially within the TBT marketplace.

Back