• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT Activity and Users.

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
I've looked around in past threads, lists, sales, etc... and I seem to have noticed that TBT has really been falling in terms of activity. :(

Do you think this will continue on?

I think in Summer TBT will be active as many are on break and have free time more than often.
If a Switch version of Animal Crossing gets confirmed, then maybe that could increase usage? :eek:

What do y'all think?

This place is already a ghost town, its just the same people posting over and over again. I'm sure that once a new AC gets announced the forums will gain a boom in activity.

I'm only really here to play Mafia in the basement.

I'm actually sad this is happening, but also glad because I'm able to get to know and "grow closer" to all the really active people right now and making myself known to the mods, loyal users, etc., since this is my first time being active.

I'm kinda wondering what it will be like when the next game comes out! I feel like it's gonna be crazy, lol, especially if it's better/as good as New Leaf. It kinda reminds me on loyal gym-goers that go to the gym on a consecutive basis, and then once New Year's come along, loads of people flock into the gyms and half of them don't workout "correctly" according to their terms. For example, loads of people that keep asking what TBT is, don't know how to "work the forums" (as in always cross posting, spamming, bumping every 5 minutes, posting in wrong forum, etc.).

With that being said, I'm also and moreso excited for it to get some activity again! It seems like it really went down like 2 weeks after the update. I remember it having at least a mild bump in activity then. That was when I really started getting into the little intricate details of New Leaf and actually read through the threads here.

Last edited:
It kinda reminds me on loyal gym-goers that go to the gym on a consecutive basis, and then once New Year's come along, loads of people flock into the gyms and half of them don't workout "correctly" according to their terms. For example, loads of people that keep asking what TBT is, don't know how to "work the forums" (as in always cross posting, spamming, bumping every 5 minutes, posting in wrong forum, etc.).\

I genuinely enjoyed reading and agreeing with this

This site will die once 3DS online multiplayer is cut if there isn't another big Animal Crossing game.

there's no doubt a new ac game will be made at some point. ac has arguably become one of nintendos top franchises

also the forums are far more active than previous dead periods between games (ww - cf, cf - nl)

there's no doubt a new ac game will be made at some point. ac has arguably become one of nintendos top franchises

also the forums are far more active than previous dead periods between games (ww - cf, cf - nl)

I agree with both of these points :) If it was as dead as it was between WW and CF, I wouldn't have joined as in become pretty active.

Last edited:
Yes, activity is slowly decreasing over time, but it's only natural - we haven't seen a main series AC game get released for almost 4 years in the west. You can't expect activity to be bursting from a series when the user base is getting tired of what they currently own, and have eagerly been seeking something new for years now. Look back to this time in regards to City Folk, 3 year after the game released - towards the end of 2011 and even the start of 2012 - this forum probably only had 10 active daily users. I can think back to times when I'd go to school, come back and see that only a handful of posts had been made in that time, and there were even times when I was the only user online for hours! New Leaf has been out for almost 4 years and we still have a huge chunk of activity compared to when you look back on the post-City Folk era. New Leaf still has such an active online community, that I can see lasting at least another year before we go back to having 10 daily users.

Whilst it is disheartening not to see as much activity we once had, if we can recover from the City Folk slump, we've just got to hold out for the next game to release, and activity will sky rocket.

this is literally the longest i have ever stayed on a site. only true tbt-ers will come back even if no one new comes on. actually, i enjoy this lil community, like i think it's literally like acnl; you have a village full of people you see everyday, and even if you don't log on a ton, hopefully they're not replaced by a bunch of loser villagers.

Yes, activity is slowly decreasing over time, but it's only natural - we haven't seen a main series AC game get released for almost 4 years in the west. You can't expect activity to be bursting from a series when the user base is getting tired of what they currently own, and have eagerly been seeking something new for years now. Look back to this time in regards to City Folk, 3 year after the game released - towards the end of 2011 and even the start of 2012 - this forum probably only had 10 active daily users. I can think back to times when I'd go to school, come back and see that only a handful of posts had been made in that time, and there were even times when I was the only user online for hours! New Leaf has been out for almost 4 years and we still have a huge chunk of activity compared to when you look back on the post-City Folk era. New Leaf still has such an active online community, that I can see lasting at least another year before we go back to having 10 daily users.

Whilst it is disheartening not to see as much activity we once had, if we can recover from the City Folk slump, we've just got to hold out for the next game to release, and activity will sky rocket.
No doubt considering almost every active member here seems to have joined after ACNL's release. The 'welcome amiibo' update was pretty okay to me but ehhhh it didn't seem to have boosted our activity all that much. A new release shouldn't be much longer now imo.

Last edited:
I've looked around in past threads, lists, sales, etc... and I seem to have noticed that TBT has really been falling in terms of activity. :(

Do you think this will continue on?

I think in Summer TBT will be active as many are on break and have free time more than often.
If a Switch version of Animal Crossing gets confirmed, then maybe that could increase usage? :eek:

What do y'all think?

my recollection is that this place was dead last summer, with exception of father's day because the new red carnation collectibles released. but a lot of people showed up for the Fair in August....

this is literally the longest i have ever stayed on a site. only true tbt-ers will come back even if no one new comes on. actually, i enjoy this lil community, like i think it's literally like acnl; you have a village full of people you see everyday, and even if you don't log on a ton, hopefully they're not replaced by a bunch of loser villagers.

I actually agree! It's kinda fun here, I like it! I think it's a friendly website with great staff, and it's a pleasent place, just like an AC town, which is nice. Main reason I'm here more often then I should be XD

my recollection is that this place was dead last summer, with exception of father's day because the new red carnation collectibles released. but a lot of people showed up for the Fair in August....
Aw, and I was hoping that Summer would be active as I thought. :(
I definitely expect plenty of people to come to the Fair! :eek:

Last edited:
Can't wait for a new AC game to be released to see who scurries back here lmao.

Yeah , this place was more active when i joined , i just come here to ****post dont ban me mods.
Maybe when we get a new main Animal Crossing game the activity of these forums should increase. After all , this is an Animal Crossing forum.

Last edited:
TBT is better when it's inactive, you find the people who'll stick around.

I do think we'll see an increase in activity once everyone's done with exams, proms, and graduation. I remember the forum being very busy for the Fair. :)

I've noticed it too, I was a lot more active this time last year than I am now too, it just seems so quiet lately.

I agree with this post so much. I have never, ever been active on anything for this long (been here since 3 months after ACNL came out and still come on daily) and honestly, like Jake said, if the forums could recover after the CF - NL slump and still be this active 4 years after the game came out, I don't think the site's going to be barren anytime soon. But also, I think many people are busy with school and life at the minute, so when exams, etc. are over for many people I believe there'll be an influx of activity again.

Back