• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Moving Villagers out Tips/Tricks?

MillySoSilly

Bells
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
I have not played this game since the the Amiibo Update and I noticed a couple of differences that I need some catching up with...
I know the days the villagers move out has increased. Other than that, I have no idea what changed. Now, I'm trying to move villagers out and the only villagers that seem to move are my wolves (Skye, Wolfgang, Lobo, and Fang) none of my other villagers DO NOT want to move. I've tried becoming best friends with them but still, the wolves are the only ones that want to move out. It is incredibly annoying and I've done this for a week now.
If you know any tricks or tips, it would be much appreciated.

I'm sorry I'm no help lol I just started playing again, but what do you mean the days the villager moves out increased?

I'm sorry I'm no help lol I just started playing again, but what do you mean the days the villager moves out increased?

Before the update, it was after a villager says they want to move out and you say no... the next villagers will want to move out 3-4 days after and tell you, and will be in boxes 5 days later. Now, the same as previous but when they give you the date they want to move, it's 10 days instead of 5 days. Does that make sense?

If you have the amiibo card of someone you want to move in, when you ask them you can choose who they replace and they are packed up the next day. The day after that a new plot shows up for the village you invited in. Its pretty quick and painless with cards (which I love).

Something that has changed is that after you invite a villager to move in, they'll always just plot. Their house won't appear on the map even if you TT several days, so when you're plot resetting you need to look for the actual plot.

If you have the amiibo card of someone you want to move in, when you ask them you can choose who they replace and they are packed up the next day. The day after that a new plot shows up for the village you invited in. Its pretty quick and painless with cards (which I love).

I agree, it is a fast and easy way. But, the problem is that is they replace a village and the exact plot they occupy rather quickly, and I do not like the placement of the houses. Plus, I also need a day in-between to put down patterns so that they fall in the right spot. I guess I'll play around with it so thank you for the suggestion. Let's see how it goes!

Sorry! I guess I didn't realize how the quickness of the whole thing could mess up planning. I am one of those players who enjoys the randomness of the whole placement of villager houses but I can appreciate the orderliness of thee villages I dream visit.

Sorry! I guess I didn't realize how the quickness of the whole thing could mess up planning. I am one of those players who enjoys the randomness of the whole placement of villager houses but I can appreciate the orderliness of thee villages I dream visit.

Oh no, no need to apologize. I fully understand where you are coming from, I like the randomness but for my main town, I'd like more order since I have years of planning into the town. thanks for your input too!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Something that has changed is that after you invite a villager to move in, they'll always just plot. Their house won't appear on the map even if you TT several days, so when you're plot resetting you need to look for the actual plot.

I just found that out a couple of days ago. Haven't fiddled around with the amiibo cards just yet, but I'm about to! Thanks for you input, much appreciated!

I have learned long ago that hitting them with nets or pushing them doesn't want to make them move out, and it actually decreases the chances. I think the best way is just to talk to the villager once when you meet them, but never talk to them again after that. If you get a favor that invloves the villager then just deny it. Trust me, it's worth it in the long run. Yes, they have also increased the fillager move-out limit to 10 days. it doesn't really do much if you are taking a hiatus, but if you have a favorite villager who you aren't talking tomuch because you are focusing on your town, then it helps. It give you more time to find out.

I don't know if it's just my luck, but the talk to them once then never again method never seems to increase my chances of moving a villager out. I just have to keep trying to get villagers to ping me the usual way, and deny the ones I want to keep, and keep time traveling until I get the right one.

I also have issues with villagers insisting on plotting on exact spots if they're through amiibo cards, but I'm using that to my advantage for when all 10 random villagers have perfectly placed homes later on.

Not sure its been stated - but scanned in villagers don't ask to move - well not as often as other 'normally moved in' villagers.
So if you have a mix, then the normal villagers will keep asking to move and the scanned ones don't.
Not a hard and fast rule tho - some players have had scanned in villagers asking to move. As the number of scanned ones in your town increases, they are more likely to ask.
To speed the process up you could scan in another villager to replace a previously scanned in one.

Where a scanned in villager plots - if its replacing an existing villager - ie you are booting one out to get the scanned one in - it is not certain that the villager will plot in the old plot space.
If you tile the areas that you don't want a villager to go into, then it will try and plot in spaces you have left - unfortunately that will include the outgoing villagers space as you have not time to tile it. But it is not a dead cert. (unless you tile/PWP everywhere else).
Villager plots can still take out flowers and trees.

Last edited:
Back