Shipping villagers?

Well, sorta? I think Mint has a crush on my mayor but isn't ready to spit it out yet. She sent him a letter saying that she had something VERY important to tell him, but got flustered and ran out of space. He's being nice to her and letting her figure it out by herself.

Cube has started wearing the exact same outfit as Olaf (it's Olaf's standard outfit to boot), which is making me wonder if something's going on between them...

My current towns are both new, so I haven't experienced my villagers enough to really get any vibes like that yet. I do think it's an adorable thought, though! I guess I can see why some would find it odd, but I view it like Moonfish. The entire game is innocent, and it's so cute to imagine certain villagers having as really sweet friendship or elementary-school style crush :p

In Ivy Lane, I caught Hopper switching into the same shirt Rodney had on, and they both got all happy and melodious. I kept imagining the two of them as just close besties (maybe bromance is the term? idk, nothing romantic, though). Then I caught Winnie and Rodney talking about a meal Winnie made for him. She kept fishing for compliments on it, lol. Aah, and Diana wanted me to give Rodney a gift for her. Maybe everyone in my town just adores Rodney?

He moved last night, though, so :(

I mainly go by interactions, and how they act in similar ways. For example...

Felicity and Punchy
Yuka and Rocco
Scoot and Maelle
Pashmina and Inkwell

Two more villagers, yeah? Well, given that I approve of the ship of Marshal and ThatOneMarshalFangirl, I give that, and the last villager, Lolly, well, we all know how that song and dance goes.

There's no proof of any of the villagers being an official item except in the movie, but I do like to imagine the relationships most of my villagers might have with one another. There's villagers that I look at and I instantly think they'd be perfect for another villager. There was a thread about villager backstories and I came up with the idea of Slyvana x Papi from that, but more as friends. So you could say that I ship their friendship in a way. I'm also planning to move them next to each other. I also ship Portia x Chief from the days where i'd play wild world actively, and they'd always communicate with eachother in one way or another.

Last edited:
I also tend to ship villagers when they're the same species, which I have a few of. I do ship a certain cake rhino and unicorn despite being different species but I justify it by saying they both have horns. I have another odd pair and I just like them together. Snootys tend to gossip about people being an item or like saying they're not an item YET. I don't really ship hardcore, just little pairs I make in my head.

I don't have a particular favorite out of my town, but it seems that Mac is quite popular in my town. Like Mira asked me for a fruit and I forgot, so when I finally went to her she said Mac got it for her. Then Fauna borrowed something from him and when she gave it back he said that she cleaned it up for him. One of my new villagers, I believe Candi, was talking about how nice he was and she enjoyed talking to him. I also was crossing the bridge one time and saw him and Butch looking like they were kissing. I plan on moving Mac out though whenever he pings me again, so I am sure most of the girls and Butch will be devastated lol.

I ship Pekoe and annalisa because they both send gifts to eachother (in other words, Pekoe would ask me to send a gift to Annalisa and vice versa), annalisa showed up to Pekoe's birthday party, almost every day Pekoe is visiting annalisa's house or asking me to bring annalisa to HER house, and many of my other villagers like to comment that they hang out a lot. I've also never seen a conversation between those two that ended with one of them looking sad or angry. It could also be coincidence, but they either one show up when the other wants to play hide-and-seek. Even if it's just a platonic ship, these two are obviously best friends, closer than a worm to dirt.

In my town I have Victoria and Roscoe. They're neighbors (no pun intended) And I put a bench between their houses. They sit with eachother a lot and it's really adorable, haha.

Back