• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Unpopular opinions and preferences [Life Edition]

Bubblebeam

Liquor is quicker.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
So this is a thread in the AC:NL forum section regarding opinions with the game. I thought it could make an interesting topic in day to day life context as well.

For example, I swear everyone and their grandma loves nutella. I don't like it, and am always looked at like I'm crazy for it. I also wait until the middle of the night to take out rubbish and hang up laundry, because our street is quite packed and I feel like I'm walking in to a shop window during the day time.

Without boring anybody too much, that's the gist of the thread. :lemon:

*hopes this thread doesn't turn out to be a big fight*

I don't like posting on instagram 20 times a day? Like it takes forever to do filters and collage stuff that everyone else does, but they have like 30 pics a day!!! I don't mind if others and my friends do it, I just don't like doing it XD

and you shouldn't be looked at like you're crazy for liking Nutella? like wth? people who do that are ridiculous, lol. that's like looking at you ridiculously for not liking chocolate/vanilla

Last edited:
I don't like dogs and cats. Like they are cute to look at sometimes but I don't want them anywhere near me

I wondered that too. Hopefully everyone can remain civil. :)

Some people get offended even when someone isn't being malicious, or they just became really annoying and question why you have the unpopular opinion you have? Like, it's called an opinion.

and you shouldn't be looked at like you're crazy for liking Nutella? like wth? people who do that are ridiculous, lol. that's like looking at you ridiculously for not liking chocolate/vanilla

Oh, it's never been in a mean way. People are just playfully like, 'How can you not like NUTELLA?!' like we're talking about some food of the gods, haha.

Hate me, but I don't like these constant threAds that I keep seeing:

- "AHHH!! *angry face* somebody moved out, moved in onto flowers, etc.
- favorite underrated/unpopular villagers
- what should I name my town?"
- what villagers should I choose?
- what should I name my character/mayor?
- I finally got ~this~ villager~ Yayyy!! (and the whole post is just them cheering lol)

(I tried posting this in the AC:NL unpopular opinion thread, but I got knocked for it being a complaint about threads)

Last edited:
I don't like dogs and cats. Like they are cute to look at sometimes but I don't want them anywhere near me

I can understand that, in that both can be fairly annoying at times. We can seldom go one night without hearing rattle rattle, i.e. our cat scratching the bin/trash can liner or knocking it over. He's OBSESSED. I'm guessing the cute or beneficial side to pets outweighs the annoyances for most people though?

Speaking of pets, I've never seen the appeal of tiny dogs like chihuahuas. I'd rather a big beefy dog, perhaps not in terms of maintenance, but looks wise.

I could fill pages in this thread but I'm not going to 'cause I'd have crowds with pitchforks outside my house.

Hate me, but I don't like these constant threAds that I keep seeing:

- "AHHH!! *angry face* somebody moved out, moved in onto flowers, etc.
- favorite underrated/unpopular villagers
- what should I name my town?"
- what villagers should I choose?
- what should I name my character/mayor?
- I finally got ~this~ villager~ Yayyy!! (and the whole post is just them cheering lol)

(I tried posting this in the AC:NL unpopular opinion thread, but I got knocked for it being a complaint about threads)

On another game forum I browse, there's a thread called, 'Random Thoughts' where those types of questions or momentary comments can get lumped in together. I totally get the excitement one feels finally achieving something in AC, but yeah perhaps each minor thing doesn't need its own thread? I've never been one to feel irked over threads and what constitutes a new one, but I see where you're coming from too. :)

On another game forum I browse, there's a thread called, 'Random Thoughts' where those types of questions or momentary comments can get lumped in together. I totally get the excitement one feels finally achieving something in AC, but yeah perhaps each minor thing doesn't need its own thread? I've never been one to feel irked over threads and what constitutes a new one, but I see where you're coming from too. :)

It doesn't really bother me that they are making them, btu sometimes I want to sit down and read some good threads and that's all I see. :c

I can understand that, in that both can be fairly annoying at times. We can seldom go one night without hearing rattle rattle, i.e. our cat scratching the bin/trash can liner or knocking it over. He's OBSESSED. I'm guessing the cute or beneficial side to pets outweighs the annoyances for most people though?

Speaking of pets, I've never seen the appeal of tiny dogs like chihuahuas. I'd rather a big beefy dog, perhaps not in terms of maintenance, but looks wise.

That's so funny because I actually have a tiny dog and I much prefer him over a big dog! I feel like any dog bigger than a loaf of bread is too big haha. But then again, if it was actually my dog I probably wouldn't mind how big it was. Because of course my own dog I love dearly, I think it's just everyone else's pets that I don't like.

I could fill pages in this thread but I'm not going to 'cause I'd have crowds with pitchforks outside my house.

Same, same, but I'm learning as the years go by that it's possible to live and let live regardless of whether I understand things or not. I think a good starting point (for anybody) is to understand and respect that no one person has all the answers, and usually if you look into a subject past the surface it's more complex than it first appears. So a good humble mentality is a virtue I think whether we understand a particular argument or not. Of course it's not always easy, but it keeps unnecessary tension at bay if all parties can try and bear that in mind.

Last edited:
I dont think trailer homes or manufactured homes are all that bad. They seem like really affordable property types. And some of them are really nice to boot. Housing prices are ridiculous these days. Save yourself some major bills by buying a plot of land and a tiny, moveable house, do what you want for life - seems good to me.

I think this thread is going to go downhill unfortunately the other one did a while ago.

Anyway...

I believe that animals > people.

I think this thread is going to go downhill unfortunately the other one did a while ago.

Anyway...

I believe that animals > people.

Wait which thread? Did it get deleted?

Wait which thread? Did it get deleted?

Yes it was closed a while ago. Somebody posted a really insensitive remark and then things got out of hand, I don't feel like talking about it though. It was just gross.

same, join the club.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, back in The Basement a few months ago. Not sure what caused the downward spiral, but I think it was either politics or something about LGBT people.

No, someone said that straight people are unfortunate. =/

Anyway, moving on! :blush:

Back