• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Unpopular opinions and preferences [Life Edition]

That's the thing, I do have to look at it. I'm in groups and chats where people are consistently posting it and it's annoying. It's the only reason I'm complaining here. People post it as their selfies and use it as their avatar. I don't know how people can be entertained by one filter for so long.

This is exactly my thought process. While I do feel bad for getting annoyed at what they choose, it's still annoying nonetheless. So many people are using it in headshot selfies, and it's just the same thing? It's quite tiring.

*is old and has no idea what/who the dog filter is*
rofl.gif

Awh man did the old Unpopular Opinions thread get closed/deleted?? Sucks!

I think I wrote on the old thread that I didn't think swearing was bad or should be censored.

I actually like Amiibo Festival...that's a pretty unpopular opinion.

I like spiders and think people are cruel for killing them, I actually run to rescue a spider before someone kills it even if it means I don't have time to grab a cup and paper and just have to cup it with my bare hands instead.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*is old and has no idea what/who the dog filter is*
rofl.gif

Its a filter on snapchat that puts dog ears and nose on you.

I kinda never got into snapchat though I think its weird

K-Pop isn't great at all...Neither is a lot of western music today.

You get the odd good one, thank goodness for Lady Gaga!

Last edited:
I actually know who not to speak to by looking at their selfies. If they have the dog filter, you know it's time to run a mile.

I actually know who not to speak to by looking at their selfies. If they have the dog filter, you know it's time to run a mile.

They're usually the annoying or boring type who try to follow the trends.

Last edited:

Yeah, this is true actually. I don't know why I talk in the server so much. I've been thinking of finding another one that I can relate to.

I actually like Amiibo Festival...that's a pretty unpopular opinion.

Me too! It's an adorable game. People give it so much hate.

I dislike it when food or drinks taste too sugary. If you can only taste the sugar, that's a sign it's pretty crappy. There needs to be a balance of sweetness, otherwise it's so overwhelming. American ice cream and pastries are especially big offenders of this.

I also cannot stand the smell of popcorn. I'll tolerate it for movie theaters and maybe amusement parks. At one point my family thought it was a great idea to have microwave popcorn every day for a week and the scent was unbearable.

Unpopular opinion: I didn't think the live action Beauty and the Beast was that great.

Also, kids today are gonna remember Emma Watson as Belle and not Hermione.

Unpopular opinion: I didn't think the live action Beauty and the Beast was that great.

Also, kids today are gonna remember Emma Watson as Belle and not Hermione.

Disney knows they can feed off of people's nostalgia, and that's why they are milking these remakes. Yes, it was well done - but I didn't really like it. Every time I say I don't really like the live action movie, people that were heavily influenced by the original in childhood got all offended as if I was saying it was horrible. In fact, I loved belle when I was younger and that movie played a big part in my childhood. She was my favorite princess!

I can't stand snapchat, facebook or really instagram at all. If i hear that anyone i know uses it i kinda back off. I hate nutellla, im a dog person and cats are way overrated. pineapple pizza is heaven on earth. I don't like eggs, I prefer macs over windows even tho if they expensive as hell. Oatmeal cookies are good and did nothing wrong why do people hate them???? w h y??? "Elites" aka those who've been in a series longer than a newcomer need to back off, like honestly? Let them enjoy their thing?

Oh and i really can't stand most selfies. It varries if i know you well but if you are a mutual/friend I don't care what you were doing at 12:00 am on june 7 on a monday. I just dont like oversharing :\

and i value fictional people over certain irl people. And animals are better than people IMO

I hate how competitive the majority of people are. There are nonstop comparisons and envy when we should all be building each other upwards. But no, they all try to be better than everyone else and put each other down. Stop comparing yourself to others and just live your life! Who cares who has the better car, house, boyfriend, clothes, etc? It's exhausting to watch; I couldn't imagine being a part of it.

This one always makes people mad :cool: :
If I had to choose between the cream or the cookie of an oreo, I'd so choose the cookie. The cream is way too sweet.
Also I love oreo thins and HATE double/triple stuffed oreos. Gross!

I don't like bacon. It always tastes burnt to me, no matter where it comes from or who cooks it.

I don't like social media. It's just really boring to me, because there is no one I feel the need to keep up with. And unless you're really popular, there is no one to really interact with. I also don't feel safe putting my picture online, so that's another reason I'm not really into any of this.

Rolling Stones are probably even more overrated than Beatles. At least Beatles had some good later songs.

Persona 5 seems very meh to me. I'll say that I is/was heavily biased towards 4 because it was awesome but this look real meh.

I don't like social media. and no forums are not really social media lol.

And I agree with your nutella opinion. I can't even eat nuts and that crap is like palm oil and sugar with 1% nuts in it and maybe a sprinkle of chocolate.

I live under a rock when it comes to new music tbh, 90% is random "fast food music" and I prefer old stuff, like 60s-70s.

Back