• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Unpopular opinions and preferences [Life Edition]

I think that free speech in all forms, good or bad, should be preserved, something that most of my generation unfortunately seems to disagree with. I also strongly disagree with being promiscuous, another thing that most people my age disagree with me on. And I don't like forms of social media like instagram, facebook, tumblr etc.

I thoroughly enjoy metal music. Particularly heavy/power metal.

I think that free speech in all forms, good or bad, should be preserved, something that most of my generation unfortunately seems to disagree with. I also strongly disagree with being promiscuous, another thing that most people my age disagree with me on. And I don't like forms of social media like instagram, facebook, tumblr etc.

What do you mean by preserved? One good thing, in my opinion, that's come of all the political malarkey in the last year is I've noticed forums in general don't babysit people as much as they used to on what they can talk about. It was previously at a point of being so restrictive to where I felt like a child in kindergarten, and genuine civil adults shouldn't have to feel that way... surely?

As I'll always say, this is just my opinion, but I get that the internet is littered with ill intent people, but there's also a lot of civil friendly people too, so a blanket punishment on what topics can be brought up seems very unjust; assuming of course that the place is question isn't having to consider children.

Also, if I understand your other points correctly, I completely agree with you. :lemon:

I believe drugs should be legal(or at least decriminalized).

I believe drugs should be legal(or at least decriminalized).

I second this.

I also think two consenting adults should be able to exchange money for services of any type - if you catch my drift.

Last edited:
its pretty hard to update regularly on social media. i dont really care what this girl in my college who i only talked to once had for lunch, or what that one guy did with his friend on the weekend and that one girl's twelve selfies #tuesdayvibes and i dont think that people really care about the selfies and lil posts i would post either, if i had some.

i never understood that thing where if you disrespect your best friend or treat them terribly, then you absolutely are a true friend. like example:

You trip and fall and scrape your arm.
A friend would help you up but only a best friend would laugh at you.

or. Your friends would greet you in the morning by saying hi but only a best friend would say "hey *insert insult*."

like i always thought the basics of a friendship is to treat the other with kindness and basic respect and care. I don't see whats the hype with "im going to treat them bad. thats just shows that im just such a better friend compared to all these other vanilla basic friendships."

speaking of being vanilla. there's been a trend going on where people are becoming more accepting, tolerant and even encouraging lack of human basic decency as if its "cool" or "funny" or "shocking". they beat down on anyone who has more than 3 brain cells and a healthy amount of empathy, calling them "whiny snowflakes" as if caring about the world or its inhabitants/having basic social standards is "propaganda" and being thin-skinned.

Hate me, but I don't like these constant threAds that I keep seeing:

- "AHHH!! *angry face* somebody moved out, moved in onto flowers, etc.
- favorite underrated/unpopular villagers
- what should I name my town?"
- what villagers should I choose?
- what should I name my character/mayor?
- I finally got ~this~ villager~ Yayyy!! (and the whole post is just them cheering lol)

(I tried posting this in the AC:NL unpopular opinion thread, but I got knocked for it being a complaint about threads)

All of this.

Also people that constantly make threads on updates and their thoughts while playing the game, or that a villager did something cute or a certain villager moved in or out or etc.

I'm sorry, but I don't care. The Blog Tree exists for a reason, as does the screenshots thread.

Tier lists are a good thing dk why ppl get pissy about competitive play when its literally optional

i don't really know if this is unpopular but i hate babies. they're icky and they make me feel uncomfortable because i don't know what to do with them, they also annoy the hell out of me. if i had babies of my own i don't think i'd mind it though

i don't really know if this is unpopular but i hate babies. they're icky and they make me feel uncomfortable because i don't know what to do with them, they also annoy the hell out of me. if i had babies of my own i don't think i'd mind it though

I don't like babies either and I'm waay not interested in letting one grow inside me and destroy my body. I don't know if my view will change since I'm getting close to 30 now. :eek: gods I'm old

I hate other people's babies; they pee and they cry and they drool and they throw up and they poop and they cry. I just hate the concept of babies. I agree that if I had my own kids, I probably wouldn't mind them.

I agree, I hope this remains civil. I've gotten into a few heated arguments before, in threads like this. But I mean, I probably have very few opinions that could even start fights to begin with, because I shelter myself from the world and don't know squat haha. People could get mad at me for that even, but it makes me happy, so whatever. Anyways, I always try to keep peace. Even if it means losing a battle. To stay on topic because now I'm rambling, I hate the idea of social media. I like forums and text messaging, because I'm semi-cowardly and sometimes I need to cower behind a screen, but i hate FB, and SC, and Insta. It ALL just looks like the same thing to me. I tried all of them like once, and then never again. I tried FB twice, but never went back. Idk why, I just don't like them. They seem to strange and almost like, a television drama. Or even a commercial that never ends. I guess it's just images with text. But the format maybe? Idk, I'm weird.

What do you mean by preserved? One good thing, in my opinion, that's come of all the political malarkey in the last year is I've noticed forums in general don't babysit people as much as they used to on what they can talk about. It was previously at a point of being so restrictive to where I felt like a child in kindergarten, and genuine civil adults shouldn't have to feel that way... surely?

As I'll always say, this is just my opinion, but I get that the internet is littered with ill intent people, but there's also a lot of civil friendly people too, so a blanket punishment on what topics can be brought up seems very unjust; assuming of course that the place is question isn't having to consider children.

Also, if I understand your other points correctly, I completely agree with you. :lemon:

What I meant by preserving free speech is that it shouldn't be restricted, which many, many young liberal adults in my country would like to do for the sake of eliminating things they perceive as racist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, islamaphobic or anything that could potentially be labeled as "hate speech".

I'm all for being respectful and not spouting nonsensical bs intended just to hurt peoples' feelings, but restricting free speech, at least in my opinion, can lead not only to a lack of discussion on issues that could be considered offensive (like single mothers' abuse of the welfare system) but also to the government's ability to suppress the views of anyone they don't agree with (such as whichever political party isn't currently in power).

I'm glad at least a few people kind of agree with me xD

Back