• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Unpopular opinions and preferences [Life Edition]

...I don't like cake. It's just a sponge. The only decent thing about it is the frosting and you can frost other desserts. I always ask for something that's not a cake for my birthday dessert.

i don't really know if this is unpopular but i hate babies. they're icky and they make me feel uncomfortable because i don't know what to do with them, they also annoy the hell out of me. if i had babies of my own i don't think i'd mind it though

I think the unpopular opinion on here/this fourm is to like babies/small children. I absolutely love small children! They can get annoying if they aren't parented right, but my behaving little cousins are so adorable and full of energy and I LOVE taking them on activities. They are just little bundles of joy c: Though, I don't want any babies/children of my own any time soon, and I'm 21.

Last edited:
I agree, I hope this remains civil. I've gotten into a few heated arguments before, in threads like this. But I mean, I probably have very few opinions that could even start fights to begin with, because I shelter myself from the world and don't know squat haha. People could get mad at me for that even, but it makes me happy, so whatever. Anyways, I always try to keep peace. Even if it means losing a battle. To stay on topic because now I'm rambling, I hate the idea of social media. I like forums and text messaging, because I'm semi-cowardly and sometimes I need to cower behind a screen, but i hate FB, and SC, and Insta. It ALL just looks like the same thing to me. I tried all of them like once, and then never again. I tried FB twice, but never went back. Idk why, I just don't like them. They seem to strange and almost like, a television drama. Or even a commercial that never ends. I guess it's just images with text. But the format maybe? Idk, I'm weird.

I'm totally with you on the social website thing, and a few others have already mentioned it too, so maybe it's not as unpopular as we think? I'm not social enough to desire constant communication with people; the thought actually gives me a headache haha. As for those photo websites like Instagram, I really dislike my appearance so there is no way I'm plastering my face somewhere LOL.

I hate other people's babies; they pee and they cry and they drool and they throw up and they poop and they cry. I just hate the concept of babies. I agree that if I had my own kids, I probably wouldn't mind them.

I've grown to almost dread going out shopping or eating because there'll ALWAYS be that one screaming kid that the parents don't control. I've come home with full on headaches before. It's so unfortunate that modern parents don't attend to their children like they used to, going by what my own parents told me at least. My mum said she was super conscientious of me as a tot and it generally wasn't an issue years ago.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, **** the puppy filter. Stop making me look at it all the time. I see more puppy filter photos than actual faces.

I think the unpopular opinion on here/this fourm is to like babies/small children. I absolutely love small children! They can get annoying if they aren't parented right, but my behaving little cousins are so adorable and full of energy and I LOVE taking them on activities. They are just little bundles of joy c: Though, I don't want any babies/children of my own any time soon, and I'm 21.

Agreed for the most part. I love small kids, and though I don't want any of my own (at least not anytime soon) I do enjoy spending time with them, provided they are well-behaved. I feel like children's behavior is really just a product of how they are parented. I don't really believe there are bad kids. Just bad parents. (Maybe that's a little harsh to say bad parents. But rather, parents who don't know how to treat or handle their children properly)

I feel like a lot of people these days are oversensitive to the point where they feel like everyone is attacking them, no matter the situation. It's really sad.

I don't like fish, peanut butter, doughnuts, or, and this is the big one, bacon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like a lot of people these days are oversensitive to the point where they feel like everyone is attacking them, no matter the situation. It's really sad.

I felt so personally attacked by this.

kidding

Last edited:
Pop music is generally popular for a reason: not all music has to be "deep" and "angsty" to be good.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, **** the puppy filter. Stop making me look at it all the time. I see more puppy filter photos than actual faces.

You don't have to look at it though...I think it's fine not to use it, but if people like it, I don't see a reason for them to stop. I hate fake tans but I won't stop anyone from rocking one lol.

Ehhh I dislike coffee, it makes peoples breath smell weird and besides, it's still bitter with any amount of sugar bleh
Also, I'm oddly alone when I say I use citation machine to cite sources instead of actually typing out references? I'm a lazy ass and all my friends are citing sources on their own orz

Ehhh I dislike coffee, it makes peoples breath smell weird and besides, it's still bitter with any amount of sugar bleh
Also, I'm oddly alone when I say I use citation machine to cite sources instead of actually typing out references? I'm a lazy ass and all my friends are citing sources on their own orz

I love using those citation machines, but many of them are making like 4 minor errors in MLA 8 (the new one) - and that doesn't roll to well with English and the big science course professors like the 'hard' chemistry (idk what else to call it, lol). It's tedious, but I love making high grades, so I try to make sure I get those points.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I sorta agree as in it annoys me, but not as in trying to dictate what others do (even though you probably aren't trying to do this). It's just really annoying when snapchat is supposed to be for staying connected with your friends and doing silly things, but like 80% of it is the dang puppy filter - and it's plagued Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram too! I remember frequenting Youtube for 2 weeks and almost every girl/teen and boy/male kid would have it as their profile picture - I mean some of them are really pretty (or I think they are XD) but it's hidden by that doggone puppy filter. It's so annoying. It's not like showing off your new hairstyle or whatever anymore, it's just the stupid filter....

Last edited:
MAYBE THEY DONT HAVE THE CONFIDENCE TO POST WITHOUT THE DOG FILTER LEAVE THEM ALONE

Coffee breath is a really disgusting smell. I remember I had a piece of coffee cake and my breath tasted and smelled sooooo nasty. That was just coffee cake too. I couldn't imagine how bad it would have been for plain coffee.

I don't get the addiction for coffee either. It doesn't taste good to me, yet everyone seems to like it.

MAYBE THEY DONT HAVE THE CONFIDENCE TO POST WITHOUT THE DOG FILTER LEAVE THEM ALONE

I wasn't making fun of them or bullying. I wasn't even thinking that way. I just thought the trend was annoying, just like how some girls think lots of (reasonable amounts) of make up is annoying but makes others feel confident. Leggings can even make a girl feel more comfortable, but some people hate them anyway and see it as a trend! Idk how, but that's just an example.

And i wasn't even knocking them for having it. I was stating my annoyance with the trend. It's everywhere, and I miss seeing more unique pictures. Please don't jump to conclusions. I don't even lower my opinion of people who do it, it's just an annoyance really.

Last edited:
I don't like people who buy purebred dogs or cats (I don't know about other animals). I can't stand the fact that there are so many animals up for adoption in shelters, yet people will pay 500+ for a cat or dog because it's "cute". It's so wrong to me. A pet is not an accessory or something to post pictures of on social media to get likes. If I meet someone with a purebred cat or dog my opinion of them lowers.

I also hate wearing socks and pants. I wish my legs could always just be free in shorts or skirts, and my feet be free in sandals or flip flops lol!

I don't like people who buy purebred dogs or cats (I don't know about other animals). I can't stand the fact that there are so many animals up for adoption in shelters, yet people will pay 500+ for a cat or dog because it's "cute". It's so wrong to me. A pet is not an accessory or something to post pictures of on social media to get likes. If I meet someone with a purebred cat or dog my opinion of them lowers.

Absolutely. Plus, I've seen programmes about the skeletons in the closet regarding special dog breeding. Many dogs have died or suffer because, for an example, their skull becomes too small for their brain, so they're in constant agony. It absolutely broke my heart seeing this as they included some clips of it, and it stays with me to this day.

We have two regular domestic cats, one of them we pretty much rescued. We didn't know it until we got there (the cat was listed on gumtree) but the house was a cesspit. Many, many dogs, big and small, feces everywhere inside and out. The lady even came out and blatantly told us she had parvo in her yard. Fortunately the cat is all good now and we love him to death. Only permanent ill effect of his kittenhood home is his herpes in his eyes which flare up when he's stressed. Nothing to worry about though.

I hate when people are proud of the fact that they don't read. Congratulations on not enjoying a great medium of entertainment I guess?

Alternatively, I hate when people are proud that they love books more than anything. Like I'm not talking about just a fan of reading, but to the point where their love of books is a quirky cute trait that their personality revolves around. You're not special for reading a lot, man.

People who enjoy books without the pretense, now those people I like. :lemon:

You don't have to look at it though...I think it's fine not to use it, but if people like it, I don't see a reason for them to stop. I hate fake tans but I won't stop anyone from rocking one lol.

That's the thing, I do have to look at it. I'm in groups and chats where people are consistently posting it and it's annoying. It's the only reason I'm complaining here. People post it as their selfies and use it as their avatar. I don't know how people can be entertained by one filter for so long.

Back