• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Star Wars 40th Anniversary

What Star Wars movie is your favorite?

• Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)

• Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

• The Clone Wars (2008)

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
This Thursday, Star Wars will turn 40 years old. They already released merchandise for the 40th Anniversary, and it's already going on in the news. But the first movie (Episode 4) came out in theaters on May 25th, 1977. And the Force is still strong in this world.

What are you going to do on the day Star Wars turns 40? I'm thinking about watching Star Wars Episode IV on my iPad. And maybe, I should write a blog entry about Star Wars on the StarFall Press. Last night, I saw the original theatrical trailer for Star Wars: A New Hope. I didn't realize how different theatrical trailers were back then.

Return of the Jedi, for sure. Iconic. Has all my favourite scenes in it.

I haven't actually seen either of the most recent films, though the ending of Force has already been spoilt for me thanks to Google search results.

Empire Strikes Back by far. Return of the Jedi is a close second, but there are so many memorable scenes in The Empire Strikes Back. Favorite prequel? Revenge of the Sith.

empire is my all time favourite of the original trilogy, however force awakens follows behind. it's the first star wars film i experienced in theatre, at the time of its release so it means the most to me being able to experience it that way and i'm sure it will have the most nostalgic value for me in years to come.

I like the original Star Wars movie the best. it's got the good guys winning happy ending that for some reason the franchise directors are reluctant to give the audience.

it's got the original death star super-weapon which theyve repeated, what twice now, three times actually?

it's got the original characters at their best.

it's got the original cantina scene, man!

imo, all the other Star Wars movies have been derivative of the first movie.

Last edited:
Return of the jedi is my favourite of the original trilogy, however I really like Revenge of the sith

I like the original Star Wars movie the best. it's got the good guys winning happy ending that for some reason the franchise directors are reluctant to give the audience.

it's got the original death star super-weapon which theyve repeated, what twice now, three times actually?

it's got the original characters at their best.

it's got the original cantina scene, man!

imo, all the other Star Wars movies have been derivative of the first movie.

I actually agree that Episode IV is better than the other movies, not just for the reasons you listed.

At least the Prequel Trilogy and the rest of the Original Trilogy showed that the producers weren't running out of ideas. And with the exception of that ET reference in The Phantom Menace, Star Wars remained original all along.

Don't slash me with a lightsaber for saying this, but I actually thought the Phantom Menace was the best of the prequels. Attack of the Clones was long and boring, and Revenge of the Sith was very depressing. But Return of the Jedi (my least favorite OT film) is better than The Phantom Menace.

When you realize the Phantom Menace came out 18 years ago...

giphy.gif

From the original trilogy I loved Empire Strikes back, but as of late I absolutely LOVED Rogue One. The ending was crazy nostalgic.

From the original trilogy I loved Empire Strikes back, but as of late I absolutely LOVED Rogue One. The ending was crazy nostalgic.

the ending was crazy scary.
with darth vader rampaging there i was looking for somewhere to run....

It's getting closer to Star Wars' 40th Anniversary here in America.

HAPPY 40TH

ALSO WHO'S HYPED FOR THE LAST JEDI?

Last edited:
In case if you want to see something, I found the theatrical trailer for Star Wars Episode IV. Keep in mind that they were not made the same way as our newer trailers are.

It's already here in my time zone.

Happy Anniversary Star Wars!

Back