What system do you play New Leaf on?

Which 3DS system do you play New Leaf on?

• Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS XL

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Nintendo 2DS

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • New Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • New Nintendo 3DS XL

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • New Nintendo 2DS XL (For those of you in the future who own one and is reading this thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I play my acnl on a 2ds. I have a 3ds XL that I used to play on, but it's really broken.

Refurbished 3DS XL. I would love to purchase the new 2DS XL that is going to come out soon. I never use the 3D on my unit...can't handle it. It still works. Maybe I will be able to trade it in at Game Stop.

New 3DS XL, tho I wish I'd gotten the old 3DS XL bc I never turn on 3D anyway

I use the New 3DS XL, Fire Emblem Fates edition.

To this day, no 3DS has compared to the Link Between Worlds 3DS XL (at least to me), but I was dumb and sold it to get a N3DS, and then sold that to get the Fates 3DS.

My New Nintendo 3DS XL and my old Nintendo 3DS.

P.S. So many types of 3DS/2DS my goodness.

Last edited:
I played it on three different systems now. My first two towns were on the original 3DS, StarFall was on the old 3DS XL, and MoonGlow is on the new 3DS XL (the Galaxy 3DS model). And guess what. With the exception of the amiibo tap, my gameplay was basically the same all along on all three systems.

My original town in 2013 was on a Nintendo 3DS XL, and now my current town is on a New Nintendo 3DS XL since my old one broke (the circle pad wouldn't move and the touch screen was unresponsive)

I have an original 3DSXL that I have played New Leaf on since I got the game. It's a good thing I got NL in May of 2014 instead of when it was released; I would have had to play it on my brother's regular 3DS until I got my XL in December of 2013, like I did with LM Dark Moon.

I have been contemplating getting a *newer* 3DSXL-no, not a "new" one, just a "newer" old one. My 3DSXL has a messed up hinge on it, and I feel like it could break any moment. It makes me really nervous, but I've just been playing it normally recently. I'm probably gonna end up breaking it before I can get a new system...

A few years ago I started playing with my metallic blue Nintendo 3DS, then I got a New Nintendo 3DS XL in metallic red for christmas and continued playing there, so now I'm playing on my N3DSXL.

I have a 3DS, 3DS XL (Animal Crossing Version), and the New 3DS (Animal Crossing Version)

I mostly play on the 3DS XL, but when I want to use an amiibo Card I use the New 3DS. (I only play on the black 3DS when I want to play with myself, but since I got the new 3DS it has been used for that :3)

Back