Collectible Sales Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooo, i missed this guide so much, i'm happy you're back, i bought a togepi egg for 2.2k (it looked like more on the thread but ben ended up sending me some of my tbt back)

You deserve a reward of some kind. This is waaaay too much work for something so stupid xD
Anyways, it looks like the best I could get for a Pokeball would be around 20k right? Thanks for the information! Better than the offers of 10k lmao

I think I'll just sell all my collectibles to make enough to buy a group. The rarest of all collectibles :)

Those sales are also from 3 years ago though.

Those sales are also from 3 years ago though.
I understand you want me to see it your way but I'm really uninterested in selling it for either lower or the price I bought it for. (10k TBT) If I cannot achieve a price any higher, I just won't sell my Pokeball.

I want to thank you though for taking the time to give me your input here and there. As you have probably guessed, I've been away for at least 5 years. I don't remember how business is done here and admittedly I have never been good at doing business. Even though I never really cared much for collectibles in the first place, the Pokeball as always been dear to me. And so, I'd like to make as much as I personally value it. I hope that makes sense.

Peace and have a nice day!

Last edited:
I understand you want me to see it your way but I'm really uninterested in selling it for either lower or the price I bought it for. (10k TBT) If I cannot achieve a price any higher, I just won't sell my Pokeball.

I want to thank you though for taking the time to give me your input here and there. As you have probably guessed, I've been away for at least 5 years. I don't remember how business is done here and admittedly I have never been good at doing business. Even though I never really cared much for collectibles in the first place, the Pokeball as always been dear to me. And so, I'd like to make as much as I personally value it. I hope that makes sense.

Peace and have a nice day!

Sentimentality isn't a very good quality to have when trying to sell anything lol. They are giving you a fair evaluation of the market here...

Sentimentality isn't a very good quality to have when trying to sell anything lol. They are giving you a fair evaluation of the market here...

I'm not looking to sell though. I simply said that if I were to sell, it'd have to be for a price higher than 10k.
Thanks for your input as well and please have a wonderfull day!

I also agree with your statement to a degree as well, but I also think sentimentality does have an affect on the value of something since certain collectibles are not really in circulation because of this very reason (like the Sweet Feather for example which is valued at around 10k these days crazily enough because it is truly loved by pretty much everyone that owns one) which increases the value of a given collectible due to simple supply & demand principles.

I also agree with your statement to a degree as well, but I also think sentimentality does have an affect on the value of something since certain collectibles are not really in circulation because of this very reason (like the Sweet Feather for example which is valued at around 10k these days crazily enough because it is truly loved by pretty much everyone that owns one) which increases the value of a given collectible due to simple supply & demand principles.

You are talking about aesthetic value though. It may be loved by pretty much everyone but that rarity doesn't directly equate to objective sentimentality... The sweet feather and Pok?ball are expensive as they are quite limited in numbers to begin with and now are just rarified / esoteric pieces of data that TBT users love to flaunt as a measurement of aesthetic wealth/aesthetic success on the TBT forum

You are talking about aesthetic value though. It may be loved by pretty much everyone but that rarity doesn't directly equate to objective sentimentality... The sweet feather and Pok?ball are expensive as they are quite limited in numbers to begin with and now are just rarified / esoteric pieces of data that TBT users love to flaunt as a measurement of aesthetic wealth/aesthetic success on the TBT forum

I do think sentimentality is still a factor of both alongside aesthetics (thank you for pointing that out) because people are attached to them and do not want to let them go because they love them (sentimentality). That's just my 2 cents though. o/

I do think sentimentality is still a factor of both alongside aesthetics (thank you for pointing that out) because people are attached to them and do not want to let them go because they love them (sentimentality). That's just my 2 cents though. o/

That just means they wont sell them though. Sentimentality probably wont raise the overall market price.

The Pokeball is dear to me simply because I spent half my time here trying to obtain one. However, for the right price, I am perfectly willing to give it up.

Sentimentality is and should be a big factor in trading. The sheer amount of users that feel like they'd rather keep it instead of selling them should be noted. It's blatantly obvious that your "fair evaluation" is not seen as a good price to other owners. In my (stupid) opinion, you should try to cater to the amount that would be most enticing to those people.

Let's not clutter this poor thread anymore. If you wish to query me further, please shoot me a message. Thanks!

Last edited:
That just means they wont sell them though. Sentimentality probably wont raise the overall market price.

It technically does though because it causes less to be in circulation (supply) which in turn means the supply/demand curve becomes inelastic (more vertical). Essentially, the less in circulation there is, the more the price can be manipulated and reach record highs. We actually have seen this recently with the Love Balls. Since no one wants to sell them (less supply) and so many people want them (high demand), the value of them has spiked due to this simple economics principle. o/

Last edited:

It is a really interesting idea of whether you can find sentimentality in digital objects (I believe you can, I spend most my time thinking about it actually lol)! Attachment and love are rather confusing events to bring into discussion about these collectibles though. I just believe Vaati saying that they would like to make as much TBT on the Pokeball as they "personally value it" is quite problematic and was merely making a statement that, in general on this forum, we would rather not pay an extra amount for "personal value" or attachment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It technically does though because it causes less to be in circulation (supply) which in turn means the supply/demand curve becomes inelastic (more vertical). Essentially, the less in circulation there is, the more the price can be manipulated and reach record highs. We actually have seen this recently with the Love Balls. Since no one wants to sell them (less supply) and so many people want them (high demand), the value of them has spiked due to this simple economics principle. o/

I think sentimentality is used too readily in this situation - I am pretty sure there isn't much sentimentality here just more so that they wish to make the most amount of money on something which happens to also be quite rarely traded

It is a really interesting idea of whether you can find sentimentality in digital objects (I believe you can, I spend most my time thinking about it actually lol)! Attachment and love are rather confusing events to bring into discussion about these collectibles though. I just believe Vaati saying that they would like to make as much TBT on the Pokeball as they "personally value it" is quite problematic and was merely making a statement that, in general on this forum, we would rather not pay an extra amount for "personal value" or attachment.

It definitely is for sure! lol Ideally, a market doesn't get swayed at all by sentimentality (like commodities), but I think the reason why sentimentality becomes a more key factor at all in the TBT Market is the fact we are dealing with something that is collectible that also introduces more personality to people's profiles by reflecting what a user finds interesting/appealing. This is why it is important that people need to be more educated on what a collectible is worth and not overspend in the process. Supply is a great way to start on determining value, but then you have to factor in what everyone else is doing in the market (which collectibles people are after and how often someone is willing to let them go [some collectibles don't even appear on the market for months because of actual rarity alongside sentimentality]). o/

I think sentimentality is used too readily in this situation - I am pretty sure there isn't much sentimentality here just more so that they wish to make the most amount of money on something which happens to also be quite rarely traded

I think there is because Pokemon fans absolutely love them and a lot of people want them because it works well with a lot of lineups that are popular (like all-pink lineups). The rarity of them also finds them attractive because people naturally like having nice/more valuable things and also because they are seen as a worthwhile investment. o/

Last edited:
If you find something sentimental though dont sell it.

Realistically you cant go in to a shop or something and ask for more because you like it quite a lot or it means a lot to you. Doesn't mean it means a lot to the person you're selling it to.
If someone wants to buy something for double the price, for example, because they also find it sentimental then that's another story. But that shouldn't affect the overall market price really.

If you find something sentimental though dont sell it.

Realistically you cant go in to a shop or something and ask for more because you like it quite a lot or it means a lot to you. Doesn't mean it means a lot to the person you're selling it to.
If someone wants to buy something for double the price, for example, because they also find it sentimental then that's another story. But that shouldn't affect the overall market price really.

I definitely agree with your reasoning since businesses in reality don't really have problems of owners changing the value of merchandise because they happen to love it more than other people. I also think this is the case in a lot of ways for the TBT Market (like my shop, for example, where I try to sell the collectibles at a fair price and don't change them based upon how much I like them), but I also think it is different for the rarer collectibles that are highly sought after (like the 3 Poke Balls, Sweet Feather, Galaxy Egg, Wands, etc.). I definitely think it is very interesting how collectible values work on here when you think about it more! :)

Unless it wasn't blatantly obvious, yes I do want to make as much as possible from it. I thought that it was general knowledge that people want to make money but I guess not. You aren't exactly forced to buy it and I'm not forced to sell it. If you don't like my asking price then please just move on. As I've said, I love my ball and I'd rather keep it instead of selling it for a low price just because someone demanded I stick to the norms. As MasterM64 has already expertly said, supply and demand is what makes collectibles 'collectibles'.

I'm very sorry if this post comes off as rude or insulting, neither are intended. Please drop this dumb argument or move it else here. I think it's rude to carry on with it here.
I hope you have a good rest of your day.

Last edited:
Sure it started the conversation but we weren't really talking about your pokeball anymore as far as I thought... Wasnt really an argument either. We were just discussing collectible prices in a collectible price thread. Not every disagreement is an argument haha

Sure it started the conversation but we weren't really talking about your pokeball anymore as far as I thought... Wasnt really an argument either. We were just discussing collectible prices in a collectible price thread. Not every disagreement is an argument haha

I guess as long as you keep it respectful and the OP is ok with it, go right ahead. Not like I can really stop you lol

I'm happy that it didn't actually turn ugly.

Last edited:
You deserve a reward of some kind. This is waaaay too much work for something so stupid xD
Anyways, it looks like the best I could get for a Pokeball would be around 20k right? Thanks for the information! Better than the offers of 10k lmao

I think I'll just sell all my collectibles to make enough to buy a group. The rarest of all collectibles :)

Mmm I just record the sales. I have no idea what you can sell the Pokeball for today :) Keep in mind I can only report information that I've seen and others share with me... There are likely lots of unreported sales so feel free to take this information and make your best judgement.

ooo, i missed this guide so much, i'm happy you're back, i bought a togepi egg for 2.2k (it looked like more on the thread but ben ended up sending me some of my tbt back)

Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back