Do you like to hear Reset?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hey there!
ACNL is full of good and nice things isn't it? I mean, every time we play we can found some good surprises, but what happen if we do something wrong, something that the game punish?

It's simple... Bad things happen and that thing has a name, Mr. Resetti This cranky Mole is full of anger with the one who take the chance in reset so, minutes in speeches full of anger.

Do you like to hear it or do you avoid him? I really don't like it, he's annoying to me.

Last edited:
Not much.
I prefer Isabelle's warning rather than Resetti's warning on resetting. :p
Isabelle's is also much quicker and doesn't take as much time as Resetti's.

Last edited:
Isn't his name Resetti? Hmm.. that doesn't matter at, but to answer your question:
I don't know somebody that was scared because of Resetti in the earlier games and I can't understand why he's so kind in New Leaf so I like to play the old games when he was really really angy at me when I forgot to save the game and he just yelled at us as crazy. For a new game at the Wii U or Switch I would love to see the much more angry Resetti again.

To me he is rather mild in New leaf, and his brother is very sweet, albeit a bit dim. (but that is part of the dialog - remember the bit about the bird cleaning the crocodiles teeth?)
But they are such a laugh I can't help but love them - but I don't love them so much that I deliberately reset to see him!

I was not a fan of Resetti in acww - awful music at a louder volume than the norm and the time when he started making you type exactly what he said was no fun at all. I would not like that to return.

To be honest, I rather like them as they are in acnl, a great duo. We can get their pics and play around in their 'office' - wouldn't mind Nintendo extending that a bit in the next game.
Acnl villagers are so bland it's hard to tell some of the personalities apart, so the little bit of anger we get from Resetti is in my view welcome.
The have dumbed down the NPC's a bit as well this time around, a lot less on the love triangle between the Pelicans and no back story on Nook & the Able sisters (Sable in love with Nook?)

From my Resetti experience in Wild World and City Folk, he has definitely calmed down in New Leaf. But I like Isabelle's short and quiet warning. I don't even understand why you would want to buy the Reset Center. Resetti is annoying and loud, and he talks too much. Also, say if you accidentally sold your gold nugget and you shut down your console without saving because you want the gold nugget back, you have to deal with Resetti who gives you a long speech and never gives that nugget back. The only possible way to get that gold nugget back is to Time Travel, which is frustrating, since you have to adjust the time again. My opinion of Resetti is not a very good one. Isabelle is my much preferred.

I thought that in New Leaf he only shows up once after you reset the first time, unless you have his PWP? I don't so I almost never see him. I think he's funny and don't mind him too much but it'd get annoying to get a speech every time I reset...

Next game, if I get one, I will not build the S. Center. Not because I don't like Resetti, he doesn't bother me (and I do hear from him too often-lol). Because there is no convenient place to put a hole in the ground. Plus, I have never seen the brother after a year of playing my other town. What brings him around?

PS Katysu, wondering what you find to play around with in the hole? Just askin'...

When I quit without saving, even if I just ran out of battery, I select "I wanted to reset" to wind him up...

I hate Resetti. If there was a feature to turn off Resetti appearing so I'd never see him again, I'd gladly turn it on. After 3 years, I still haven't built the reset center, and I don't plan to.

Resetti is great sometimes I like to make him mad for threatening to delete my town as a kid. Revenge. Plus the man hole cover looks awesome open and I put it in a cool spot. Totally worth it to me.

Back