• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I regret putting the reset center in my town

My DS just died and I'm so thankful that I didn't build the reset center.. There is only so much screaming that I can take with resetti even though I think the idea of him as a character is hilarious. I'm not sure if it is the same in ACNL but I just remember being young and playing the gamecube version and having to type in stuff like "I'm stupid" a bunch of times exactly how resetti stated it, and my 6-7 year old self hating the little mole so bad.

My DS just died and I'm so thankful that I didn't build the reset center.. There is only so much screaming that I can take with resetti even though I think the idea of him as a character is hilarious. I'm not sure if it is the same in ACNL but I just remember being young and playing the gamecube version and having to type in stuff like "I'm stupid" a bunch of times exactly how resetti stated it, and my 6-7 year old self hating the little mole so bad.
He doesn't really say much at all in this game - especially if you tell him your battery died.
I think Nintendo have deliberately tried to make him a sweet funny layabout - the insides of the centre are well done, detailed, you can use his loo, and the scramble machine is fun when you get that scenario.
Plus you can get both brothers pic.
I love it, and the few times I've reset, he hasn't yelled - even when I tell him I wanted to change things.
The issue for me & a lot of players is placing that manhole in the best location.
But I can see from the thread a lot of players still don't like him. At least he isn't as bland as the villagers.

I made the worst mistake of putting it behind my house which I now regret, I planned on making a flower garden but now I just have flowers + a reset center where I was going to put it.

Hmm I wanted to build one just because it's the only thing left for me to build and 3 years playing this game I've never had the opportunity to go down there... but I just don't know where to put it :( my town is almost complete too so there's no reason for me to reset unless I accidentally let the battery drain. I'm intruiged though.

Is it possible for visitors to go into another person's/town's reset centre? No right? :'D

I don't think it is possible to experience the reset center in someone else's town but I am not 100% sure. But if you don't want to build the center and still see what happens there are some videos on youtube you can watch. I just LOVE having it in my town. It is so mysterious when you see the light shining out from the manhole cover when it is dark out.

I'd just collect saplings from Leif and plant them in the exact same spot that the previous trees were in. If they were fruit trees, I'd just harvest that fruit from other fruit trees and bury them them in the place to create new fruit trees.

I would just reset. It's a friendly tip from you but to me it's just a time waste and if you choose the 2nd option Resetti gives you he won't say anything mean and after 2 lines he'll disappear. And buying or timetravelling needs so much time and your villagers could move out, so Resetti once is better than Leif 100 times.

I didn't get the reset center because after playing Wild World I decided it would just stress me out too much lol. Also, I feel like there's not much of a point to the reset center other than getting pics and getting yelled at, so I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. I think my biggest problem with it is that you can't get rid of it, and since I like changing around my landscape frequently that'd be a problem for me.

Back