• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I regret putting the reset center in my town

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Seriously, very rarely do I close my game down without saving, but I did earlier because I started chopping down trees and I decided I wanted to keep the trees so I shut the game down without saving. I turned it back on and here comes Resetti, screaming and yelling and about to pop a blood vessel.

i regret it too. it really wasn't worth it. it just wastes time.
at least i didn't ruin any pwp plans with where i put it...

Oh gosh, yeah thanks for posting this cause I've always kinda wondered about that. I don't usually close down my game without saving unless I have done hat same type of thing, cut down trees and changed my mind or something. I can't stand those stupid moles and their annoying music and rambling on and on! Lol

I don't remember exactly but I believe if you click the third option, he'll send you on your way without scolding you.

That's why i think really well every time i'm going to put something i can't destroy later.

If you don't want to hear that Cranky Mole, just be sure to tap the second choice and he just going to warn you instead of giving you a speech of why you mustn't reset.

Honestly you're paying like 368k bells to let Resetti come and scream at you when you didn't saved. But for me it's worth it because I love him and I'm sad because he's not as angry as in the earlier games, but you kinda can avoid that he's screaming at you, when you choose that you've forgotten what happened (or something like that, I thought it's the 3rd option) he just shows off.

Well he's been rather mild with me, which option is the battery died? He doesn't say anything then.

The centre is very much worth it for me - great dialog between the two brothers, you can get both their pics, you can use their loo and scramble their machine (when you get that scenario).
Great fun, I love them both. I get both in the caf? sometimes. (not together)

One thing I recently learnt: I've got both pics with my Mayor now trying with an alt.
But you only get one chance to go down the manhole when its open.
I saw it open with my Mayor, oh, don't go down, load the alt & visit - but when I loaded the alt the manhole was closed. I lost my chance.
So if you are on the day after rain/snow & its after 9pm - go on first with the character you are visiting the Resettis' with.

I kinda like Resetti :p

If you are annoyed by his yelling, just select 'my battery is dead' option and he will back off quietly lol

Yeah, I wouldn't spend money on Resseti because I just liked Isabelle briefly telling me that I didn't save and leaving the game as normal. So about what happened in your situation. If I were you, I'd just collect saplings from Leif and plant them in the exact same spot that the previous trees were in. If they were fruit trees, I'd just harvest that fruit from other fruit trees (if you do have other fruit trees) and bury them them in the place to create new fruit trees. It's not that much of a fuss to grow a new tree, all you have to do is plant the sapling and water it ONCE. If for some reason, you need those previous trees, my last resort would be to Time Travel. Time Travel to the date where you didn't save and this time don't cut the trees. I really don't even know why you can't demolish buildings, I find it annoying. This should be a lesson to everyone to NEVER get the RESET CENTER!!! :(

Try opening your station to towns "nearby" when testing something out in your town, then just switch off the wifi switch if you decide not to go along with it.

Sadly, I can't do that anymore with the new 3DS XL.

I think the Resetti Center is worth its weight in gold! Jumping down that mysterious underground eerily lit manhole is a riot. It is definitely worth participating in all the episodes as they build in character developement as they go along. The last epsiode is really worth the wait! I wish there were more intriguing side stories like this in the game (maybe the next one). The resetti center is probably my favorite PWP. Talk about interactive...

Last edited:
i've never had the reset center nor do i plan to. i reset without saving a lot and i'd probably end up getting really frustrated with resetti yapping at me all the time

I don't regret building the Reset Center, rather, I regret WHERE I put it...
Everytime I have a great idea for my town that dumb manhole is in the way!

I don't regret building the Reset Center, rather, I regret WHERE I put it...
Everytime I have a great idea for my town that dumb manhole is in the way!

I understand what you mean. Initially, I wasn't too happy with where I put my Reset Centre too, but since I couldn't relocate it, slowly I changed the landscape around it. Now I even put up a custom sign board for that manhole lol.

Last edited:
I think Resseti is hilarious but sometimes he's just too much. It would nice to just be able to quickly close and restart without him showing up. I recently restarted my second town and I don't think I'm doing a reset center.

all of that can be avoided if you click "I don't remeber." then he just goes away without a rant and its over with.

i personally like resetti. sometimes if i sleep with the 3Ds on and I don't remeber wether i save or not and i start it up in the morning, him popping up can let me know wether i did or not. plus i love his angry ranting. its so sweet. its like an angry lil ground rat popping a blood vessel, and popping out to greet you heartily when you come back. the dialouge kinda gets the same when you repeatedly do it so i wish they had more variations of his angry tirade, but its all good.

If you pick the third option ( I don't know how it happened? Something like that ) Resetti will say he doesn't know anything about that and peace out very quickly. I think it's kind of funny how he just bursts out of my flowers. The experience is way less traumatizing than when I played WW as a kid and that so-and-so would burst out with the scary and loud music.

I actually don't mind him, but I do plan on leaving that PWP for when my town is nearly finished and I don't have any major take-backs, lol.

If I do, for whatever reason, end up not saving (and this almost never happens with me), I just tell him my battery died so that he won't pop a blood vessel.

I never close my game without saving unless the system dies. But the reset centre doesn't really do anything right??

I have him in only one of my towns, I usually tell him my batteries have die and he'll believe it and leave you alone.

Back