How do you like buying video games? (Digital vs Physical)

Digital or Hardcopy? DLC or no? How do you like buying games?

• Total voters
Most of my games are for my 3DS so I prefer hardcopy. But for PC games I buy them digital. Do they even make hard copies of PC games these days other than for collector's editions? lol

Last edited:
It depends, I buy a mix of both. I prefer digital for the convenience though.

PS3 - mostly digital, recent sales have been crazy!

3DS - 50/50, Animal Crossing and Mario Kart are digital for convenience and I'd never sell a physical copy so I don't care about resell value, physical for Fire Emblem, Pok?mon & Professor Layton. I bought physical copies of Mario Golf and Tennis but I really wish I'd bought them digitally as I reckon I'd play them more often.

Switch - physical Zelda, digital Mario Kart. I'll get physical copies of Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem but Animal Crossing and Mario sports will be digital.

I don't feel you have to make a choice between one or the other, I pick based on price and if it's an evergreen game I'm likely to play often.

Surprised me how many people buy hardcopies, I felt so alone this whole time, lol.
I don't know, I've just always enjoyed having the hard copy. I do that with everything though. I just enjoy having my games, albums, and movies on display. Part of it is for bragging rights, admittedly, but sometimes I just like listening to some chill music and looking over my collections.

If gameplay is more comfortable on PC, I buy them digitally on Steam. If gameplay is more comfortable in a console (you know, with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard) I'll buy a hardcopy with DLC and limited edition. Glitches and bugs affect my view of the gameplay so that is taken into account. If glitches and bugs are more common in PC than in console, hardcopy in console. Unless I'm not a big big fan of said games and Idc to not have a hardcopy, then I buy them digitally on console.
Yep... I have a whole enourmous algorithm to buy videogames... I just scratched the surface.

Back