• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Balloons giving prizes other than balloon items?

Mythicalhoopa

despacease your actions
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Tulip
Cherry (Fruit)
Mint
Leif
Kirby Easter Egg
Flea
Lobo
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Winter Mittens
I just shot down a balloon and got a flower table from it. Is this normal, or what? I'm confused. :confused:

Yes, they do! I get regular furniture and Harvey specials. Sometimes there will be a silver or golden slingshot.

Always shoot down the balloons, you never know what goodie you'll get. ;)

It's part of the update, used to be just balloon furniture and the silver and gold slingshots before

Last edited:
Yes, they do! I get regular furniture and Harvey specials. Sometimes there will be a silver or golden slingshot.

Always shoot down the balloons, you never know what goodie you'll get. ;)

Oh, I see now. I used to get just balloon furniture from them, but today they started dropping other items.

I think that once you get the whole balloon furniture set it just starts dropping random items since the update.

Since the update, i think you can find Welcome Amiibo Items and other normal items. Once, a ballon give me a normal item, not a weird one, but hey... It's free?

I think that once you get the whole balloon furniture set it just starts dropping random items since the update.

Exactly what happens. You have to get the balloon hat, too, though of course cataloging from someone else also speeds it up

- - - Post Merge - - -

Since the update, i think you can find Welcome Amiibo Items and other normal items. Once, a ballon give me a normal item, not a weird one, but hey... It's free?

I'm guessing, based on what I've seen, you can get items from Harvey's shop and any NPC van, but not from WA characters, outside amiibos like the Zelda or Splatoon ones, or the sanrio characters or minigames. Mostly I've gotten stuff from Harvey's shop but earlier I got a retro sink that's only from Timmy & Tommy's rv

It's normal. It came with the update actually, however before the update you could only get balloon items. But in other games prior to new leaf, the balloon set wasn't a thing so you only got normal items that you could get from Nooks.

Wait, does cataloging the balloon furniture count? I cataloged the entire set and I think I even shot down every item as well but sometimes I still get balloon furniture.

Back