• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Bigger homes?

Relly

Princess Kyra
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I don't really understand how other people have been able to use much bigger home layouts. When I go on HHD Network it seems like they have basements and upstairs and bigger lobbies but I don't even get those options? All the options I get are tiny rooms or two tiny rooms. Am I missing something here?

You have to go back to their house and talk to them and they will give you an option to rebuild the house. Then Lottie will ask if you want to build a bigger house, usually with a second floor or a basement.

IIRC you also need to have picked a layout that supports it. So if your villager has the default house, you'll have to upgrade it to something bigger before you can upgrade it to something more complex (like multiple floors).

make sure to pick "new house" and not "deluxe remodel" or you won't be able to change the size!

Back