• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What other themes are there?

Hubba

Worker
Bells
Hello. I have three things to ask all of you guys. Please give me any advice.
1: While travelling, or shall I say 'dreaming' through the Dream Suite, I've been to many towns which have FairyTale, Zen or Modern themes. I wanted to make my own town related to a theme, but I wasn't sure of making it a theme because those 3 themes are very common, and when people reach my town I don't want them to get bored of visiting the same themed towns again, if you know what I mean. So this is why I ask; are they any other themes for my town, other than the common FairyTale, Zen and Modern themes? Do you have any ideas for the themes?

2: This second question kinda relates to the first one. I've seen that in people's signatures, they have more than one town. Their different towns relate to themes, which is cool. I just wanna know, how do you make more than one town? If you do make more than one town, can you take control of both towns? How?

3. This question relates to the second question. I don't have a signature. Where do you get yours? I'm a mobile user. How do you get the pixelated sprites of the villagers?

Thank you!

Hello and welcome!

1. The Zen, Modern and Fairy Tale are the three themes unlockable. Besides the original town hall and train station colors you are given when you start your town. For the Town Hall you need to achieve a "Perfect Town" and the train station you need to have someone visit your town 100 times minimum.

Within these themes tho there are many people who have taken these themes and made completely unique themes! Some towns are "Zen Fairy Tale" with Zen Town Hall and Train Station but everything else is pink. In one of my towns I have the Zen set of buildings but the rest of my town isn't Zen, it's more log cabin Rustic. And my DA in my signature is a concept I'm working on to make the modern town hall and train station look clean and beautiful - it's not like many other modern theme towns I've seen.

2. Once people get into New Leaf and love it some people want another town - a second town. They do this usually by buying a second copy - either physical or digital. Then if they have one 3DS they pop the cartridges in and if they want to switch towns they power off and change cartridges. The data is stored on the cartridge so it's safe to have more than one town. Lots of people have multiple towns. When I bought a second copy it increased the fun ten fold. It's not a requirement - most people have one town.

I'll stop here but I'm happy to answer any questions you have. :)

Hello there! You can get the pixels from here (click)!
To get to the next page, just add "/page/2" to find the next page. At least, that's what I have to do from the computer I am using at the moment!
(They were originally from here, and were then hosted here before ending up in their current location.)

Edited to add: as for themes, HHoney answered well; as for me, I come up with a theme I'm really into and then see which of the PWPs work best with it. I have a town based on my favorite movie, one based on my favorite TV series, one (in progress) based on a favorite game series, and ideas for a bunch more. I just wait and see what excites me enough to commit to spending so much time working on it! :) And I do have a separate cartridge for each town. It's really handy to be able to visit your 'other self' if you need to trade items, drop Katie off, etc.

Last edited:
People use different of this themed PWPs to make other themes happen.
-Autumn theme.
-Ice theme.
-Forest theme.
Are the most common.

Anyway, some combinations in this themes can look really good if you know how to place em.

Last edited:
1. I assume you're talking about overall themes people use in their towns, right? There are lots. Just browse around a bit and you'll see. I've heard of food themes, futuristic, horror, etc.. Maybe try to think of what you, personally, would find appealling to have in your town.

2. You need two different copies of the game. Either two physical copies or a digital copy plus a physical one.

3. You get the pixel sprites from the link Athelwyn gave you. If you want them to be in a single image, you need to use a site or software to put them all in one rectangle or whatever.

You can have whatever theme you want. You could try underwater, all one color, all on species, nature theme. Whatever you like. Whatecer makes you happiest.

Whoa...what is a town theme? And how are they unlocked?

I believe they're referring to the themes of the town hall/train station. The Zen, Fairytale and Modern town hall and train station are PWPs you can unlock after getting a perfect town rating. They also have matching PWPs like bridges, lights, clocks, and benches.

Back