• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Flower Fairy Boots?

Bubblebeam

Liquor is quicker.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
Do these boots prevent grass wear? I notice they make a different, softer sound when running to other shoes and the name might also imply it's gentle on grass. I couldn't find anything on it with Google, but I kinda need to know since I have dirt paths and actually need to wear something that keeps the grass down.

Whoa, I'm sorry, I have no clue, but I'm going to subscribe to your thread, cuz if they do, I want some!

Hmm.. That's a really interesting question. At first I have to say that I don't know the answer but I haven't read about it in any of the wikipedia articles, so I don't think that it's true and you just can go on with your flower fairy boots on your dirthpaths, but I'm not 100% sure, so it's on to you. Good luck!

I don't know either & I was watching thread to see if there was an answer.

The only thing that comes to mind is if you walk/run in bare feet the sound is also softer - is it a similar sound to when you wear the fairy boots? (Haven't got them so can't say myself).

I have read that having bare feet prevents grass wear (only once & I can't remember where). Personally I would doubt it, but it is possible.
With no other information, & you want to keep the dirt paths and wear the fairy boots - then I would suggest you load every day with an alt that has ordinary shoes on and run along all your paths. That should at least cover the possibility.

What other shoes were you wearing? I would imagine that if anything, it's a small aesthetic change between the different types of shoes, rather than a special effect of the boots, like how different villagers leave different footprints, player characters run differently when they're wearing a dress or skirt, etc.

However, I sincerely doubt there's anyone who would be able to answer that, even though it is an interesting question. It's just not something normal players would notice, and really, only those with dirt paths probably would, but then I doubt they would realize why if they're using multiple characters.

What other shoes were you wearing? I would imagine that if anything, it's a small aesthetic change between the different types of shoes, rather than a special effect of the boots, like how different villagers leave different footprints, player characters run differently when they're wearing a dress or skirt, etc.

I would have concluded that too, but what with the King Tut mask having a special effect, that makes it not so unusual to wonder if this accessory does as well.

I'll probably keep the shoes on for a couple of days, and see if my paths start to shrink at all.

I would have concluded that too, but what with the King Tut mask having a special effect, that makes it not so unusual to wonder if this accessory does as well.

I'll probably keep the shoes on for a couple of days, and see if my paths start to shrink at all.

Oh, that's true! I didn't think of that...

I hope you post again if you find something out, even though I don't really like the boots it'd be nice to know of a way to protect my grass when I'm fishing in the river. ^^

Would someone please elaborate on the special effects of the King Tut mask?

Would someone please elaborate on the special effects of the King Tut mask?

Wearing it will give you bad luck, which just means that you'll fall down while running. Also it makes a really cool sound when you put it on.

Doesn't it also affect your luck as far as catching rare fish and hitting rocks and stuff?

It will affect luck when hitting rocks, as well as getting items from villagers and money from trees. I don't believe it affects catching rare fish though.

Back