• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Luigi's Ma(fia)nsion | Luigi's Mansion Mafia | Ghosts Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Gold Trophy (First Place)
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
605Ss5x.gif

Hello and welcome to Luigi's Ma(fia)sion (more or less obviously a Luigi's Mansion-themed Mafia)! The people of Noatun have (thus far) failed to unlock the second phase of their story, so a new, completely unrelated game must take its place!

Welcome to the video game equivalent of Hell (and not the kind of Hell that aids people like last time)! Here you will have to defend yourself against ghostly goings-on, spoopy jelly-looking "spirits", and maybe a Waluigi or two. Who really knows?

This game of Mafia is co-hosted by the wonderful Tina, further proving the mods really don't have anything to do nowadays (not to imply spoopy jelly-looking spirit hunting isn't important).

Warning: While this game contains minor spoilers for the Luigi's Mansion video game series, knowledge of the characters, locations, and events is not necessary.

Welcome to Luigi's Mansion, a mansion Luigi won in a contest that he didn't even enter! One step through the door and he was attacked by what he referred to as a ghost, so instead of braving the mansion himself, he has sent a team of expert spoopy ghost hunters to exterminate the ghosts for him!

Only death awaits you.

Wow! It's Luigi! You finally made it! Oh, joy!

Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is typically divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 24 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia kills and other players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, as well as their new suspicions, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

A minimum of four players (and a maximum of 15 players) is required to play.

To play, you will need an understanding of the few different roles you can be assigned. There are two known roles in total, all of which are referred to in bold for clarity.

At the start of the game, the majority of players will be assigned as Ghost Hunters and the minority will be assigned as Ghosts (both via private message). There are also two extra secret roles that two lucky(?) players will be assigned, both with their own special actions.

Two more roles are exclusive to the host and co-host: Luigi (me, Bowie) and Professor E. Gadd (Tina).

During Day phases, the Ghost Hunters will vote for those they think are Ghosts, and the person with the highest votes against them by the end of the respective Day countdowns will be executed.

During Night phases, Ghosts can talk privately (via whatever method they prefer to use) and pick the Ghost Hunter they want to kill, sending their decision to Luigi (via private message). Rounds will not begin again until a decision has been made. Do not send your decision to Professor E. Gadd (Tina).

Day and Night periods will both run on a 24-hour cycle and be accompanied by a countdown for clarity.

Significant events such as deaths and surprise elements may be introduced and trigger the sudden end of a Day or Night (as announced by either Luigi or Professor E. Gadd). The Night phases are open at all times for players to discuss the game as well as to talk of potential Ghosts while they wait for the Ghosts to make a kill. All Days and Nights will take place in this same thread. A voting thread for all Days respectively will take place in a separate thread. This is just to avoid clutter. Instructions on how to vote is included on that thread.

The game will end once there are either no Ghosts left or no Ghost Hunters left (or Ghosts outnumber or equal the Ghost Hunters). There is no unique win or lose condition for the two secret roles.

Editing posts is allowed, but it's your own doing if people become suspicious of you because of it.

There is no necessary coloured text for engaging with the host or co-host Just call our names and one of us will pop up as soon as we can!

Good grammar, punctuation, and spelling is a necessity, but I'm not super strict about it. As long as people can understand you, you're good.

Don't go against the rules of the game. If you die, you are dead and can't come back to life or post again.

Don't be a bully. Mafia is an emotional game, but I won't tolerate insults towards any of the players (unless if it's banter, obviously). The thread may be locked for cool-down periods.

Rules are subject to change because this is a dictatorship. Use common sense.

1. Dolby

2. Uttumori Ghost Hunter, killed on Day 2

3. toadsworthy

4. f11

5. mogyay Ghost Hunter, killed on Night 1

6. Nightmares

7. Heyden

8. Zendel

9. Tensu

10. xCleb

11. Primarina

12. Corrie

1. N e s s

2. Jacob

3. Byngo

4. Yzanda

5. Curry

If you are interested in participating, simply post here and say so. Once sign-ups have closed, Luigi will issue the players with their details and will begin the game.

Sign-ups close on the 26th of May. If we reach 15 players before then, we'll obviously just go ahead and start the game.

"Alright, youngster! Look lively! Follow me, posthaste!"

3B5I2W7.gif

Last edited:
Oh my! this looks wonderful

/IN

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wont be busy this time I promise

Man, I would love to play but I'm really not so sure I have the time for this one. I've got a lot of big events coming next week.

/obs for now :(

/observer
/Finalsweek
/GoodLuck

/in!!!!!! usually this is too soon after another game for me but i love luigi's mansion so i can't not

You know I wasn't but I'm going to.

/in

I swear to goodness if I'm mafia I'll be mad.

Also will Kill Power be implemented (0.5 per mafia)? E.g. if there's 3 mafia alive will the KP be 2 or will it always be 1 no matter the number of players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back