• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I put Novaria to sleep...

Nenya

I hope you dance!
Apple 🍎
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Orange Heart Balloon
Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
Last week I shut down one of my towns. I won't have time this summer to play two towns. I did do some research, but would like to hear about actual experiences, please.

This is how I did it...was it right? I prepared for about two weeks in various ways (that part doesn't matter) then waited for a villager to ping and say he was moving. I told him please stay, he said he would, then I immediately saved and quit.

What say you? Is Novaria going to be intact in three months? All villagers still there? Not overrun with weeds? Or any of the other horrors I have read about?

Last edited:
All of my villagers stayed when I stopped playing for a couple of months (like 6??). I had a couple of weeds but I had the beautiful town ordinance on during my inactivity. I hope your same villagers will be waiting for you too when you come back!

All of my villagers stayed when I stopped playing for a couple of months (like 6??). I had a couple of weeds but I had the beautiful town ordinance on during my inactivity. I hope your same villagers will be waiting for you too when you come back!

Thank you!

It sounds like you have done a very thorough in in preparing for this "Town Sleep"

I have done it many times - as soon as they ping - you can take a break of any length of real time.

The longest I've gone is about a year. When I returned everything seemed the same - yet I had changed!

Good Night, Novaria! :)

I time travelled two days once, but talked to my villagers. Nobody pinged me.
When I went back two days to the real date, Isabelle informed during start-up, that Muffy was leaving, and I might want to say goodbye to her.

That was two days.
You're doing this for weeks/months?

Good luck. ^_^

Last edited:
I time travelled two days once, but talked to my villagers. Nobody pinged me.
When I went back two days to the real date, Isabelle informed during start-up, that Muffy was leaving, and I might want to say goodbye to her.

That was two days.
You're doing this for weeks/months?

Good luck.

I think TT'ing backwards counts as going forward in terms of daily changes. So in total you may have actually TT'd 3-4 days. Still, you're meant to be given 10 days notice since the update.

I think that works. I once haven't for about 3-4 months without a villager pinged me and everything was like before, so you have organized everything very well.

Good night Novaria!

I forgot to mention that I do have beautiful town ordinance on in that town, so I guess that helps, too. Thanks for the reassurance, everyone!

I think Rafael and Novaria will get a good rest. :cool:

Last edited:
Was going to say - you need beautiful ordinance enacted - and it takes effect the day after you ask Isabelle to put it on.

As a fail safe you could take a written note of the time and date you last play & keep with the game.

This is another way of leaving the game for any amount of time - when you come back to play you turn the clock back to a time after that last play, but sometime in the same day, so all is the same.
I do this all the time with several games, as I like to play every ingame day. Would mean you would be in the past, but you would not miss any event (only bug tourney & fireworks). So the way you suggest sounds as if it would work better for you.

I've done it lots of times, because I have 6 towns. You will have a few weeds, but not much, and lots of new non hybrid flowers here and there. Your villagers will be just fine, but they won't ping to talk to you cause you've been gone so long, so you'll just have to talk to each one to break the silent treatment and that's pretty much it.

If you said no to a villager's request to move, then yes, all your villagers will still be around (unless something's changed in the Amiibo update but I don't think so).

There may be weeds, especially if you don't have Beautiful Town. If you do have Beautiful Town, then in my experience it's few weeds and nothing that can't be dealt with.

I'd have beautiful ordinance on so that you don't lose flowers - important if you have got hybrids.
The weed aspect - you won't get them (or not many) with beautiful ordinance on, personally I'd like them in the hope of getting Leif/weeding badge.

If you Save and Quit after someone Ping to move out, there's no problem in stop playing for three months. You just going to find some weeds and flowers, but i don't think someone move out.

I just want to add that when you come back - anytime the next time you load up that no one will ping you right away but someone will be thinking of moving.

You'll have to talk to all your villagers; they will guilt you into being gone.... yeah yeah yeah ...then someone will want to ping.

The 10 days to move out begins the next date you return to the game.

I just want to add that when you come back - anytime the next time you load up that no one will ping you right away but someone will be thinking of moving.

You'll have to talk to all your villagers; they will guilt you into being gone.... yeah yeah yeah ...then someone will want to ping.

The 10 days to move out begins the next date you return to the game.

Thank you! All these tips are going to be helpful! (I miss Rafael...a little.)

Back