• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Help get rid of Amiibo's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Wick

๐‘ฉ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’‚ ๐’€๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’‚ ๐Ÿพ
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Swamp Potion
Kaleidoclover
Purple Bat Potion
Lucky
Purple Candy
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Green Candy
For 4 months (start of my game), only my 3 NON Amiibo villagers ping to move. They even do it in order.
I am stuck with the 7 Amiibo's and it is making me hate them, and hate the game.

If there is no way to get rid of them, I'll delete my town and never play again.

I never would have scanned them and invited them to move, if I'd known my CHOICE to keep them, or let them move was going to be taken away.

I want a sure-fire way to remove all 7, without having to delete my town.

Don't tell me to be patient, as I think 4 months with the same 3 NON Amiibo's ONLY, wanting to move, is proof that Amiibo's WON'T - EVER.

Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of them is either to be patient/time travel or to scan them out... They do have a chance to move out naturally, but it's significantly less than regular villagers.. If you want to get rid of them fast, the only option would be to buy the amiibos of the villagers you want. Some people do get lucky and have the scanned in villagers move out quicker than usual, but there is no sure fire way to make that happen. I know it's super frustrating, but since you are only 4 months into the game, perhaps restarting isn't a bad option? It seems you already have such negative emotions towards the state of your town that it just wouldn't work to stick with it. Restarting at this point isn't as bad as it seems, tbh. You might find that you'll actually feel refreshed and keep wanting to play!

The ones I scanned in, WERE the ones I wanted. :-/
But knowing I am stuck with them has made me loathe them.

They do NOT move!

I have waited FOUR MONTHS.

You can't scan them out!
No such option, unless you mean scan in another rotten Amiibo?
I want them ALL gone.
I want MORMAL ONLY villagers.

Amiibo's also moved in front of, behind, beside, and next to me!

I went through hell trying to move them.

Sick of it.

Only reply if you have a real solution.

If someone can actually tell me if there is a real way, and I mean any way, and by any means at all - please help!

I wish I'd known I didn't have to be stuck with TEN villagers either.

I'd have room to actually plant things, and build PWP's where I really want them.

Why can't I have the option to kick an Amiibo out, and invite a camper in?

Why did Nintendo DO this! O_O

I feel suffocated by the Amiibo's.
I hate them. Even my old mate Wolfgang.
I want them all gone. :(

Last edited:
Only reply if you have a real solution.

Ouch.. I was trying to be helpful, and honestly there is nothing to do besides what I said :/ You can hack. There, that's another solution, but we can't talk about it. But yeah, sorry if my reply got you annoyed. Lol

That wasn't directed at you.

If hacking can save me my town and 4 months of my life, good. Only I don't hack, and have no means to.

They don't move.
People have TT'd two years worth to test it, and they don't move.

4 months of the same 3 normals pinging to move is proof.

Nintendo, you did this on purpose.
Mongrels. :-/

Last edited:
That wasn't directed at you.

If hacking can save me my town and 4 months of my life, good. Only I don't hack, and have no means to.

They don't move.
People have TT'd two years worth to test it, and they don't move.

4 months of the same 3 normals pinging to move is proof.

Nintendo, you did this on purpose.
Mongrels. :-/

There have been people who have said they moved. So it's not true that they can't. It's just very rare. Anyway, good luck with everything!

I can even tell you that tomorrow, Bluebear will ping to move.
It was Henry last, and Eunice before him.
In perfect order - for FOUR MONTHS. :(

I can't adopt or anything.
Because nobody moves.

EVER.

Last edited:
If you don't want to be patient, even with TTing, I think the only other solution is to just restart your town like Arize said :( being patient seems to be the only solution if you don't want to restart.

I did state not to tell me to be patient.
I've been patient, and I'm not TT'g.

I also said if I delete my town I won't ever play again.

I got it because I suffer depression, and I put a lot into the game.
If I delete it. I'll spiral down.

Like I am now, with these stinking AMIIBO'S! :(

I restarted my town which had 3 years of effort into it, only because I didn't like where I placed my mayor's house lol and didn't like the town layout in general but I loved my villagers a lot. It felt good to get a fresh start, despite all the progress I lost.

If your amiibo villagers are really making you hate the game and get frustrated, it really is better off restarting. All the hatred and frustration will just fuel your depression :( have you tried weighing out the pros and cons to keeping your town with the amiibos vs restarting without them?

I'm not doing that.

It's been 4 months of my life, and I've gotten too far.

Restarting is not an option.

The thought of restarting puts thoughts in my head that you couldn't imagine.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is true, but I have heard if you have a town of all amiibo villagers they will start moving out naturally.

Yes.

I've read that if you have 8 Amiibo's, that ONE will ping to move.
Then you're back to having SEVEN like I have, who WON'T ping, because there isn't EIGHT anymore.

So... you need ANOTHER Amiibo to have 8 before one will ping to move. o_O
Going in circles!

Right back where I started.

Ridiculous!

Last edited:
Why don't you Amiibo in a new villager and someone will ask to move then you can do the plot reset trick

Huh?

I only have one town!
That doesn't even make sense!

I'm not buying a second DS, and a second game!
They DO NOT ASK TO MOVE!

I am getting nowhere here.

Someone please close this thread.

Last edited:
Have you been TTing a lot or even at all since scanning them in? Like others said, nobody seems to know how the game decides exactly, but my game seemed to become bugged after a lot of TTIng backwards and forwards. For months I'd only get the same 3 villagers wanting to move. One of them was an amiibo traded to me, and the other two were normal animals. It went on for far too long to be coincidence, so I suspect the game has bug susceptibility issues since the update.

I realise this isn't providing an answer for you, and I'm not even sure if my game is still bugged or not since I eventually caved and let all 3 of those animals move out. But my suggestion would be to try TTing one day at a time forward to a date your game hasn't been on before. If things seem to change from there, keep pushing back the time by a few hours until you're in sync with the real time again. That may take a while to carry out, but I suspect TTing backwards risks bugging it. It's not at all proven, just my theory.

I don't time travel.
I did it one time, and lost a normal villager doing it. That was only two days ahead.

My game isn't glitched.
Nintendo meant to do this, because when people finally SNAP, Nintendo make money after the person buys another 3DS, because they just smashed theirs into a wall.

I didn't update to Welcome Amiibo. I bought the updated game.

Perhaps that one case of time travel started it. It's hard to tell much but i do know my game was fine before I time travelled. It's like it's become risky business to carry out now.

Could you get a couple of cheap amiibo cards to boot out who you don't want? Perhaps combined with the idea I mentioned before of TT'ing to a new date, it may refresh the game into working normally again.

@lykaios I haven't been given a solution to get rid of them!
My attitude is from desperation and 20+ years of depression you TROLL!

Also, don't talk to me like I'm crap! O_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back