• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

UPDATE: Villagers have stopped moving into the empty 3x3 spaces i've left for them

rubyy

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4902-3654-7506
Dreamy Party Popper
Hot Feather
の
Red Feather
New Year's Party Popper
つ
ど
Pokéball
ぶ
森
Hiii, so as most of you know, since the update, if you got a town full of paths, villagers will only move into a 3x3 space you've left for them, and I did this, leaving an empty space, 3x3 with door space, this worked perfectly for me with Rudy, Punchy and Paula, moving into the empty space and meaning my houses can be aligned :)
but suddenly it stopped working and both Gigi and Marina have moved into plots that were not the 3x3 empty space i've left for them, and I erased the path a few days prior to their arrival, so does it stop working after a while? Is it because it was a space previously placed by a past villager? Thanks :)

UPDATE:

i recently adopted cookie and she plotted on top of my paths, you can see where she plotted over (i left her a 3x3 + door space)
316rn6u.jpg

and here, is where you can see that my villagers are lined up from before
mv4to5.jpg

Last edited:
Since the update, villagers won't plot where path designs are placed, but where they plot aside from that is still random, meaning if there's any other 3x3 space in your town that they can move into, they might plot there. Plot resetting is still just as tedious as it was before the update, so keep trying and they'll eventually move where you want them to.

Since the update, villagers won't plot where path designs are placed, but where they plot aside from that is still random, meaning if there's any other 3x3 space in your town that they can move into, they might plot there. Plot resetting is still just as tedious as it was before the update, so keep trying and they'll eventually move where you want them to.

That explains it, they moved into a massive flower bed. Thank you =)

bump (updated post)

Was there enough space for Marina to plot? Because she just moved right into your pathways and that's kinda strange, it never happened to me though.

Was there enough space for Marina to plot? Because she just moved right into your pathways and that's kinda strange, it never happened to me though.

both marina and cookie moved into my paths, and yes there was two 3x3+door spaces in my town all ready for them to plot :( it's really strange and my game is up to date

Going by the way your houses you already have are set up, maybe you just don't have enough space? I think you can only have up to two houses per acre (16x16 spaces), so I guess that might be it. The houses are counted by the "core" tile (the one in the middle of the 3x3 space).

Are you sure about this?! I've had plenty of animals move on top of my paths and there is plenty of space for them to move to that doesn't involve ruining my hard work.

So they can plot on custom paths with the new update? Maybe they're just less likely to plot on custom paths than open spaces. Just for clarification, did you make the paths yourself or are they from a QR code? Perhaps that makes a difference?

You might have just exceeded the limit of villager houses or permanent pwps per acre (three). I have two spots in my town that have four villager houses next to each other and luckily, three of them belongs in the same acre. The others belong in a separate acre so I was able to plot them the way I wanted to.

Doesn't matter if your paths are custom or they came from qr codes and yeah, you don't need to leave a spot in front of the door.

You might have just exceeded the limit of villager houses or permanent pwps per acre (three). I have two spots in my town that have four villager houses next to each other and luckily, three of them belongs in the same acre. The others belong in a separate acre so I was able to plot them the way I wanted to.

Doesn't matter if your paths are custom or they came from qr codes and yeah, you don't need to leave a spot in front of the door.

Oh wow, I hadn't thought of that. What are the dimensions of an acre? 16x16 spaces?

Back