• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I just went to game stop and got pokemon alpha sapphire!
How good is this game? Did you like it?:D

I bought OmegaRuby on the day it came out lol. I really liked it, it was nice to see one of my favorite pokemon games remade in 3D. I also liked the feature where you could fly over the region on Latios (Latias in alpha sapphire, I believe).

I'm just waiting on a D/P/PT remake now. Gen 4 was my favorite of all time.

I think it's really fun! I enjoyed the after story Delta Episode alot :3

And I really liked Heartgold, one of my favorites!

I prefer it to the newer games. The nostalgia of it made it much more enjoyable than X/Y and Sun/Moon. It has a lot of features to keep you occupied if you don't feel like rushing through the main story.

I love this game I think I am obsessed. I remember everything from the game boy and it is making me so hype! Ive been neglecting animal crossing for two days now. D:

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are such amazing games! For me, they're very nostalgic being the remakes of my first Pokemon games. The story, the improvements from X and Y, all the mechanics and even music make them such enjoyable games.

I love this game I think I am obsessed. I remember everything from the game boy and it is making me so hype! Ive been neglecting animal crossing for two days now. D:

That always happens to me when I start playing a Pokemon game XD

ORAS, out of the last three games in the series(XY, ORAS, Sun and Moon) is easily the best one of those. I think it's a phenomenal remake. It kept all the good parts of X and Y(AKA the PSS, and nothing else because X and Y was horrible) and also kept Hoenn's charm while also adding to it. The postgame is great too, regarding both the Delta Episode and all of the available Legendaries to catch(A great foreshadowing to Hoopa by the way). I think that if Sun and Moon kept the PSS it would be maybe equal to ORAS, but ORAS not only has a good main quest but the UI is probably one of the best Pokemon has ever done, since the days of Black and White.(For some reason Sun and Moon is slower in the menus and the PC while ORAS stays smooth as butter).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ay, don't worry, Pokemon is a way better waste of time than New Leaf.

I never tried X and Y because I got my ds a year ago and I only got animal crossing and pokemon red...
I'm assuming X/Y is bad? My brother got it when it released and hasn't said a word about it to me.

It's definitely alright, if you compare with Sun and Moon. If not even better since it works fine on all consoles and while it was considered a bit graphics heavy at the time with all the 3D images and animations it's not heavy at all if you compare to Sun/Moon that runs really slow on some older consoles (slow frame rates, take ages to start and shut down etc).

If you want the most Gen VI Pok?mon, def. get it if you like different aesthetics as well... And you can always get a wide variety of Pok?mon to transfer over to the newer games I guess.

Edit: to helenkeller, I def. prefer ORAS for that generation.

Last edited:
I loved ruby/sapphire sooo ofc! There has been a few changes but hey I won't complain.... except for the cry changes... :|

I do miss that they took out the game corner and the pokeblock making game. Both are typically pointless in the grand scheme of things but they were fun time wasters.

I do miss that they took out the game corner and the pokeblock making game. Both are typically pointless in the grand scheme of things but they were fun time wasters.

tbh i never cared about those pokeblock since i never got a feebas in gen 3 anyways and, well was never a contest person anyways.

I don't know. I never beat this one or Sun/ Moon. I kind of got bored part way through. I liked the Battle Frontier from Emerald, but I don't think it is in this game.

tbh i never cared about those pokeblock since i never got a feebas in gen 3 anyways and, well was never a contest person anyways.

I was the opposite and I adored the contests. I don't know why but I found them lots of fun. I especially liked them in fen 4 with the dance segment. XD

But if you didn't care about them, then yeah, pokeblocks were pointless haha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know. I never beat this one or Sun/ Moon. I kind of got bored part way through. I liked the Battle Frontier from Emerald, but I don't think it is in this game.

They hinted at it post game and I thought they'd have DLC later or something but nothing happened. Really sucked tbh cause I was looking forward to the battle frontier since I never owned or played Emerald.

I personally think oras is an awesome addition to the pokemon library. I didn't actually get around to playing gen 3 myself until about 2010 or so, but this remake still filled me up with a boatload of nostalgia! The graphics are tight and I simply love the trainer redesigns! The story is quite similar, but it still has some nice little changes here and there. I honestly loved the Team Magma redesigns (especially Tabitha!), but Team Aqua seemed a little rough to me...(YARRGH, WE'RE PIRATES!). Compared to the other 3ds Pokemon games, I'd put it above X/Y, but below Sun and Moon, only because I really enjoyed the story of Sun and Moon! Overall, a great buy, especially since you can get it as low as $20!

Back