marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
I saw a video on YouTube recently about cooking possibly being a new feature in future Animal Crossing games. How awesome would that be? We could actually use our fruit and fish we catch, etc, to make recipes. Maybe villagers could have favourite recipes that would improve your friendship with them if you gift it to them, or they could request recipes and stuff. What do you guys think? It could also be something you could actually do in your house, since you can't really do anything in your house!

Last edited:
This is something I've wanted in AC for a while now, I think it could really be a ton of fun!

Since Lazy Villagers are always talking about food and Normal ones always share his different recipes, i think this would be a great feature, i mean...
-When you invite Villagers to your house or this invite you to his house, it would be great you can actually bake something for em or they bake something for you
-Fishing could have a new meaning. Not just have em as pets or leave em in the museum, maybe bake em
-Since in AC Happy Home are restaurants, this would be a great addition to AC future games, this could be the chance to let the Villager invite you to take a snack or you to them.?

The chances are infinite.

-When you invite Villagers to your house or this invite you to his house, it would be great you can actually bake something for em or they bake something for you

i always thought it'd be neat to have little minigames to play when animals come over your house or when you visit theirs! cooking could defninitely be one of them! i always found visiting houses really boring and repititive and tedious so minigames like cooking would be really fun!!

Sounds like harvest moon. This would be a fun feature to add. What's great about AC is there's so much to do, but nothings required. So if you like cooking, great. If it's not your thing, then you don't have to do it.

I wish Chip wouldn't eat fish we catch.
Kinda creepy, and gross!

Last edited:
I thought of Harvest Moon, too, and wondered why there couldn't be cooking in AC. It's actually quite elaborate in HM. (for a game)

a lot of food has meat in it irl so it would be weird to have a hamburger or something in game. maybe if they stressed how it was vegetarian it would be less scary lol

Sure, why not? AC is already a chore simulator, lol.

I'd prefer the option to buy food, though. Like corndogs or popcorn during certain events, maybe a diner that serves you burgers, pancakes, pizza.

Yes, I'm hungry.

I think it'd be an interesting addition but they kinda already have something like that for the harvest festival. I think cooking the fish you catch would be fun. Or maybe rather than cooking, what about baking? That eliminates a lot of the yikes factor when considering your neighbors are all animals.

That would be a cute little detail to do. Every time when a villager comes to my house or I visit them, they're just standing around or walking a little but they don't do anything. That's a little boring, no.. it's really boring and I'd wish that you could cook or play a little game or something and that they have little activities like if you visit them, they'll be reading a book, take a nap or cleaning their house. (And just a random rant: Who has designed their houses? Some of them are just terrible..!)

Wow, I think that would be amazing to cook! It would be a better way to bond with villagers and stuff! Maybe all villagers could have a favourite dish and if you give it to them that could make them super happy! As someone else said, it would be really cool to cook food for villagers when they come to your house or if they could cook food for you if you come to their house. OH, and it would be INCREDIBLE to cook for the other villagers on their birthdays!! Also, they can be a new special day called 'cooking day' where you cook stuff to special characters and etc.
I really think that those
coffee beans you get from Brewster, that candy you find from Zipper T, those fruit that you grow in your village, and all the other types of food that you get in AC should be put to a use, not just to sell and eat. I hope that they update ACNL once again or put this awesome feature in all the future games! :)

oh my godddd this makes me so so so excited!! i think that they should just keep on updating new leaf, like free updates on the nintendo e store every so often instead of releasing new titles! (kind of like how EA does for sims games)

YES! That would be awesome. :D

Some ideas for recipes:
  • Being able to buy seasonal recipes from T&T, like you can with candy for Halloween or Festivale clothing from the Able Sisters.
  • Hot cocoa and Valentine's chocolates for Valentine's Day
  • Candy for Halloween, has a random chance of being a lollipop
  • Bouillabaisse as a Fishing Tourney prize (to use up all the fish that won't get you in first place)
  • Also getting recipes from villagers and your parents through the mail; villager personality determines which recipes you can get, like from PWPs
  • Potlucks as random Saturday events, sort of like Flea Markets in AC:WW where villagers randomly come into your house, but you give them food instead
  • Dinner parties as a cross between birthday parties and meeting up with villagers: you schedule a time to come to a villager's house, bring food and have fun with the other villagers there, then you can ask one of them for the recipe for their food and they'll send it to you in the mail the next day
  • Cooking Contests, like Fishing Tourneys/Bug-Offs, so you give them cooked food and it's ranked depending on general difficulty as well as ingredient quality (rarer fish for recipes that use any fish, tropical fruit for recipes that use any fruit)
  • A character like Wendell or Dr. Shrunk, who only eats cooked food and gives you something special in return

Last edited:
Back