• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things I'd like to see in the next Animal Crossing game!

Stockley_

The Director
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7457-9399-7967
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Hey, everyone! I thought it'd be fun to go over some cool additions I'd like to see in the next Animal Crossing game!
Let me know what you'd like to see, and also let me know what you think of my ideas! :)

Keep the player as mayor!
I think we can all agree that being the mayor of your town in New Leaf felt a lot better than being a normal villager in past games. I'd like to see them keep this idea for the next installment and maybe even improve on it a bit, giving you more control over what goes on in your town, new public work projects to build, new ordinances, etc.

A new camera system!
While the "rolling log" effect is pretty iconic to the series, I think it would be cool to see the towns from a new perspective. With the Nintendo Switch being out, towns can be made to look their best with fully 3D rendered buildings, trees, landmarks, etc., along with a new freeroam camera that will allow you to see your town from every angle and not just facing forward.

More locations!
I feel like New Leaf did a good job at making the world of Animal Crossing feel bigger than it ever had in the past. With Main Street, Tortimer Island, the Campgrounds, and visiting other towns, there was a lot to explore and see! I'd like to see more areas added that'll allow the player to explore with friends!

Hourly music remixes for each season.
I love how each hour of the day has a different song. It adds to the atmosphere and setting of the game. Wouldn't it be cool to have remixes of the hourly music depending on which season it is to make it feel even more atmospheric and emmersive?

Cross-compatibility with the upcoming Animal Crossing App.
We know Nintendo has had an Animal Crossing app in the works for a while now. It was recently delayed, which made me think... What if at e3 we get a new Animal Crossing game trailer for the Switch, and one of the features is having the app be linked with the game in some way? There's lots of potiential there.

So what do you guys think of these ideas? Any you like? Anythink you would personally like to see? Let me know! Thanks for reading! :)

I really love the idea of more locations to go! I also think some quests, like with the CAT Machine, is a lot of fun and it would be great if more quests were throughout the game.

Back