• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ideal partner?

Sweet, smart, funny and kicks a$$ and isn't rude to other people.

Let's see... ones who are down to earth, forgiving, has integrity and willing to learn all sorts of things. I enjoy open mindedness and not always so mainstream, and when others care for one another, respect and just mature. Ones who are willing to make sacrifices and also be able to compromise --> I think a genuine good man with a kind heart and soul and doesn't want to hurt others or take things for granted for their own benefit blahblah~

Someone who understands me and is creative and funny and strange and loyal.

The "someone who understands me" bit is especially important as a developmentally disabled person, I don't want someone who is going to not get how my brain works haha.

Personality matters more to me. I want someone who is very sweet and gives me confidence, someone who accepts my flaws. I have to connect with someone on a deep level and it isn?t about appearance

~Has to be best friend material.
~Has to like dogs
~Has to be either nonreligious or very light on religious beliefs (this is because I don't want to be with anyone who is worried about me going to hell for being a nonbeliever. That would not be good for either of us).
~Has to be some level of feminist and not polar opposite politics of me. (I say this because of what has happened in my country. things have turned for the extreme, and lines have to be drawn.)
~Really has to not be abusive in any way, shape or form. (I'm scared of a relationship for this problem, other family members have had this problem, and from my previous relationship - although not at all abusive - I can see how I'm quickly willing to make excuses for someone that is not treating me well because I love them and that scares me.)
~Doesn't smoke at all.
~Either doesn't drink, or understands I don't drink and is okay with that.

^Those are pretty much requirements. Now here's traits that I more dream of in a partner:

~Loves woodwind and brass instruments like me. Ideally being a collector, like me. And also a performer, who would enjoy arranging music with me and maybe recording.
~Has similar interests in video games and other media. (I really don't want to have to put up with someone playing/watching disturbing horror/zombie stuff all of the time, so similar interests are important)
~More of an indoor person like me, would not try to drag me out camping.
~Would understand that I need a lot of personal space at times.
~Makes me laugh.
~Brings a different experience to my life from what I'm used to.
~Preferably lives in the Northeast or would be happy with moving there as opposed to where they live now.

Simple, right? I'll totally meet someone who meets these requirements and hopes! Totally! *sigh*

My fianc? is my ideal partner. He has all the traits I value. He's kind and empathetic to others, he always makes me laugh, he's very creative and an amazing writer, he's intelligent - I learn so much from him, he's a great communicator and listener - we talk about everything and anything, and we have the best conversations. He's supportive, faithful, and always on my side. I feel comfortable and safe around him. I'd love him no matter how he looked, but he's also very attractive, so that's a plus! :) Finally, we have the same religion, which is important to me!

Someone who doesn't judge me, is motivated and supportive of me. If I can feel fully comfortable around them then that's awesome.

Back