• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ideal partner?

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
What do you think your ideal partner would be? I guess this thread is kinda redundant for anyone who is married, but hey.

I'm thinking someone who is beautiful without hundreds of layers of makeup (and hopefully never wears excessive amounts), isn't an idiot, is caring and would hopefully do a half-arsed job cleaning so my stuff wouldn't get tampered with. :p But you never really know until you meet "the one"....

I'm not really sure what traits I'm looking for in a girlfriend anymore. I thought two people had to have a lot in common to make a marriage work, but my friend who has been married for awhile now and is having a kid says him and his wife have nothing in common aside from their Christian background, which was important to both of them. I would like to date someone who is a nerd and has a good sense of humor.

Having things in common is massively overrated, in my opinion. My partner and I have many differences between us, and I wouldn't change them for the world. He's wonderful just the way he is, and I'd actually quite hate it if I were with someone who was into all of the same things as me.

My only thing is that they can't be religious. They have to be atheists like me. Things like that get in the way when you're trying to connect with someone. Relationships are so much more than love and sex. My partner is my best friend. I think it takes years to really get to know someone enough to love them. When you're putting so much time and effort into a relationship, you have to be best friends forever regardless of whether you would ever break up or not, and it's lovely to feel that way.

Gay. Name is Fleshyy. Is an alien

Well, a guy who's loving and is Christian (#1 priority). A sense of humour is nice too. I find personality plays a larger role than looks for me, so if they can make me laugh then that's a GREAT thing... but yeah. Loving because I get attached quick meaning I'm clingy, and like being shown affection... and Christian because my faith is #1 before anything else. lol, sometimes I feel like I won't ever find a guy who has qualities I like AND is Christian, it's always either one or the other... *sigh*

Also it sorta feels weird saying this stuff on the internet, but I kinda like it lol

I'd like someone who lets their intentions known, as in they have no hidden meaning behind things they say - their honest and outright without hidden motives. I hate when I ask someone to explain what they mean but they never say it and just avoid the topic entirely. (I probably wouldn't even care that much if you just told me in the first place)

I really admire people with a lot of charisma/prescence because it's something I don't necessarily have. Since I'm normally uncomfortable with touching/affection I'd appreciate someone who could understand that and not rush me in any way. It takes me a long time to be comfortable with just hugging ;; Also, nothing is more boring than always agreeing with someone so if they voiced their own opinions, even if it contrasts mines, I think that it would bring up some interesting discussions. They would also have to like travelling since I plan on doing that a lot in the future and overall, just being open-minded. (ALSO they gotta be open to going out with me to get milk tea since I do that every week...)
Other stuff: atheist (or at least not too religious), has glasses, sarcastic, not obsessed with social media (snapchat mainly), ace (though this could be worked out in other ways) I could honestly go on and on but mainly...just them being their own person and yet also wanting me (rather than needing me) is sweet enough. If they understand/respect that physical intamacy isn't the only way to show love then they're a keeper.

Well, a guy who's loving and is Christian (#1 priority).

lmao my school is a Christian school and yet I'm looking for someone not Christian - we should switch haha

Last edited:
Someone who isn't rude or belittling to others.
Someone who is sweet and kind.
Someone who is sassy and funny.
Someone who understands me.

She would be 100% fine with me. :)

- not selfish
- i can talk about anything with them
- has a good sense of humor!
- loves to cuddle
- taller than me!
- sweet & caring
- never forgets important things i tell him
- and never fails to help me through my ups & downs in life

Good looking and smart and funny and driven

Aka my boyfriend

What hooked me on my guy was his efforts to achieve our shared goals together. I think sharing a goal, having an idea of what you want your life together to be, and working toward it is very important in a relationship.

I also think it's important to find someone willing to tackle the curveballs life throws. My husband and I through the years have both gone through sour financial/job situations (thankfully not at the same time) and knowing your partner won't run out on you at the first sign of trouble is hugely important.

He and I also have a lot in common and I think he's very funny. Having things in common isn't the biggest thing to me - my first boyfriend and I had more in common than my husband and I but lacked the first two traits. To me having things in common is just a bonus.

As far as religion I'm closer to an atheist than anything else (I like bits from a lot of different religions and believe the universe itself is god. Our only laws being the physical laws we're bound to) For a long time my husband hated everything about religion but he's softened up on the matter, at least enough to acknowledge that while it's not for him he can see why people turn to religion.

I know one of the traits my husband looks for its how a person treats waitstaff and other people working in the service industry. He says you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat the people serving them.

Super rich and is either dying or super old so i can get their $$$$$

I've never quite understood why a sense of humour is so widely sought after. My husband is hopeless at being funny when he tries, it's when he DOESN'T try that he's funny. But regardless it wouldn't matter to me, I mean that's what comedies and such are for. What TV, Youtube and smartphones can't give you is a feeling of being cherished, needed and not judged. I know a lot of people would pitch in here and mention friends, but I have yet to find a TRUE friend and have pretty much accepted that I probably never will have one. I have a sneaking suspicion this is the case for more people than we might initially think too.

i want someone who's like a best friend
but also likes to do couple stuff
make sense?

Great sense of humor.
Tall and thin.
Very polite.
My current boyfriend and future husband pretty much.
(before we got together I wrote out everything I wanted in a significant other and he matches like ALL of them.)

How romantic.

Thank you my current fiance thinks the same thing uou

- - - Post Merge - - -

In all seriousness, i'm in a 7 year relationship, but waiting on that ring tho. I find that finding someone who supports you and doesn't judge you is the most important thing. Just someone you can be 100% yourself around, like stuffing your face with cheese fries, farting, etc. This is someone that has a good foundation for a relationship. When you hide any part of who you are, you aren't being truthful to yourself and it can hurt you and the person in the long run.

I'm not interested in a relationship at the moment, I am coming around to the idea and I'm happy about that. I've never wanted a partner because I feel as though I don't deserve one because I will make them feel like nothing because of my personality and attitude. However I am getting better and I have began thinking about getting a partner but like I said, not right now as I still have a long way to go.

My ideal partner would be someone who is there for me. I feel lonely and empty at times so it would be nice to have someone around to make me feel wanted and happy. I'd also like my partner to have a good sense of humour, similar to my own preferable. Humour is a coping mechanism of mine, I am often sarcastic because of my anxiety and when I'm just generally uncomfortable in the environment I am in, I often tell offensive jokes about myself and I think that's a turn off for some people so hopefully my partner would be okay with it. Since I'm not the nicest person I would love if my partner was resistant to me, I would love if they were nice to balance out the relationship. Negativity and positivity = a neutral feeling for me and when the time is right I hope I will become positive so we can have an even more amazing relationship. I'd be great if they were smart and shared some interests with me, we'd get bored easily if we didnt share any interests. Good looks never hurt. ;)

Turn offs:

• Religion

If they are religious I probably wouldn't be happy and neither would they because I have very firm believes about how toxic religion is.

• Eats with mouth open and slurps when eating certain food. It's disgusting and impolite.

• If they hate a specific group of people. (E.g Racism)

• Loud speaker

• Immaturity

• Stupid

• Too skinny, fat or muscly.

• Drug use e.g Alcohol, Smoking, etcetera.

• Hates animals

• Right winged, I'd lead to possible arguments so it would be for the best if they weren't right winged in politics. I am accepting of other views but it could still happen.

I'm share there are more but I just can't think of any right now.

Back