• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ideal partner?

- someone who wants to spend time with me whenever they can
- makes me feel special, are cuddly and lovable
- spoils me
- isn't afraid to show their love
- comfortable around me and i should be comfortable around them
- somewhat attractive
- protective, doesn't hesitate to tell me what they want but not controlling
- open to try new things
- similar interests are nice too but it's not very important.

I'm really not too sure. I'd like for us to have a lot of common interests, but be almost polar opposites in terms of personality because the thoughts of dating someone too similar to me really doesn't appeal. They'd also have to be open with their thoughts and emotions because openness is very important to me in a relationship. Apart from that I have no idea!

Looks aren't really a big thing for me so... but I have a turn on for glasses (Idk why).
They have to be nerdy... or at least loving enough to look into what I'm talking about.
*A must:* they HAVE to be my best friend.
*Another must:* They're animal lovers. They wouldn't hunt them or hurt them for any reason.
They're loving and laugh at all my horrible jokes.
They know as much about cooking as I do (very little) so we can have cute montages of us trying to figure it out together

Someone who can stand me for more than a couple of hour is good enough.
Oh and someone I feel at ease with.

My last BF was calm, down to earth, patient, organized, everything I'm not; so it was a good thing for me, made my life easier.

-Hard working
-Sweet personality
-not too tall
-Understands me

Last edited:
Hard working, good sense of humour, can take a joke, isn't controlling, overall friendly and kind.

They gotta be a good listener I talk too much. I think someone that's more introverted and patient would balance me out.

Last edited:
- is a hard worker
- organized
- loves jokes and laughing
- will play video games with me
- enjoys long walks
- loves to travel
- trustworthy and honest
- kind heart
- loves animals (and wants to get a corgi because who doesn't)

she's out there somewhere

I want someone I can be comfortable around. Someone who is kind and thoughtful and caring. I think being loyal is really important as well.

idk just a cute girl with a good heart and passion, just want to fall in love not find someone with a checklist

She has to like EDM, graffiti and photography

I'd like a guy who is nerdy (or at least indulges me and my nerdy interests), playful and funny - dark sense of humor is a plus. I'd also like someone who's very intelligent and ambitious. I think businessmen or lawyers come to mind when thinking of my ideal partner's career path. However, I'm a hopeless romantic so whoever I fall in love with might not have all or any of these traits~ (as far as looks, I don't have a preference but being attracted to them is always important as well)

Mostly anyone that thinks for themselves (own opinions) and is enjoyable to talk to, and I can feel comfortable telling anything. Also, they must have their own dreams and aspirations, and I'd like them to be motivated.

Also, no nail paint. Its a weird pet peeve I have.

Last edited:
I'm 12.

Right now I would feel ridiculous looking for a romantic relationship with someone.

But if I were to have a partner, they would have to be someone who isn't so lazy that I always have to do their work for them. Someone who makes me laugh and someone who will listen to me. And they need to be someone who isn't religious and is liberal. Also, the manner in which they live cannot be disgusting. I have seen someone try eat a bandaid once. A used one. That's what I mean by they can't be disgusting.

I hope this doesn't sound shallow :/

Last edited:
Well... I do think my partner was always my ideal partner. A challenge, but with lots of good in his heart and a willingness to find change and meaning in life. The kind that everybody says doesn't exist. Yep. The kind with lots of emotional problems, problems with authority, bad habits... but he still had hope to change things and it wasn't easy. People always say people like him won't change and it's useless to put effort into them, but he's proven that all wrong. All I had to do was be there through his worst and show him that someone wants to help. The ride was tough. He had problems with drugs and alcohol and had lots of attitude. He got into a lot of trouble. He wasn't always nice. I saw him break down and cry a lot though because of his behavior. He's been sober now for years. We have a kid together now and he's such a great father who wants to treat his kid the opposite of how his parents treated him, which is with respect, love, time, freedom, and fun! I have a lot of problems myself and he takes the time to remain patient and understand me. He works so freaking hard to take care of us. He takes care of all his friends and expects nothing in return. He's so kind and loyal to me and everybody he meets. He's come a long way from when we first met and THAT is what I think is most perfect about him. I always wanted this kind of love. It's dangerous, but it can happen.

Back