Desert Island Escape guide!

Nella

╰(*´︶`*)╯
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Cake
Hello everyone! I just did a -visual guide- of all of the powers that the villagers and npc have in the game Desert Island Escape that you can access through the WiiU item!
Here's the guide

also I'm trying to get to the target score but I can't do it on intermediate?!?!?!
Anyone can help me please?

In begginer is quite easy, I've done the first four and I have 2 videos of strategies (need to edit them before showing them) but I haven't made it to intermediate target score

Last edited:
I finished it easily, after I had a brainstorm.
Use two Kangaroo's, because you can (if whimsy allows) move 14 spaces, plus another 4 from your third team member.
I used Mathilda, Sylvia and Cyrus.

Also, each villager has a favorite fruit, and if you find their fruit tree, if timed correctly, you can shake loose 8 of that fruit.

I remember one stage, I had 22 days of food left because of this. Kangaroo's love cherries.

That was 22,000 points right there!
That, and being able to move 17+ spaces each day, I ended up with 25,000 for days remaining.

Kangaroo's are also awesome fighters!

Last edited:
Not sure what their skills are but Gonzo the koala, Cleo the horse, and, Bitty the hippo, is my dream team. I'm also great at timing when to stop spinning, for most of the gathering/pitfalls/bugs, so those are rarely an issue.

I think distance is key, Gonzo can land on either 7 or 0 for distance traveled, Cleo's distance is 6 spaces, Bitty is always 3 but she can crush boulders, helping getting to certain areas easier. Gonzo and Bitty are also great at fighting.

My best team consists of a Chicken, Deer and Ostrich. The chicken goes first because it can show which spaces to avoid and what spaces you want to get to. The deer goes next to either pick up some stuff or remove more fog (since the Ostrich can't do that). Ostrich covers the most space out of the 3 and by the time its their turn, they can either pick up things that the deer couldn't or reach parts that are newly uncovered from the fog.

I use Dog, Ostrich, Cub. Dog/Chicken's Sniff ability is so useful I don't know how anyone can stand not having one on their team. The Ostrich then goes off and generally goes to where camp is or backtracks to an un-sniffed spot. Vision is an issue sometimes, but I find that watchtowers are common enough to mostly make it's inconvenience situational. The cub gathers up items left around camp and their automatic honey gathering is good for both increased mobility and extra food. It's good to make a net first in this scenario, or make sure you have a lot of medicine, because the cub will always try to get honey and the 25% chance to get stung can hurt if you're not careful.

In areas with more fish spots a cat is good to use in place of the cub. And in areas with a bunch of rocks use an elephant/lion/hippo to break them, though for me when combined with a dog the overall movement is just too low and it takes too many days to score high.

I've heard good things about the birds, swimmers, and koala/kangaroos, but I haven't been able to play around with them yet.

Been doing pretty well with a team of duck, bear cub and eagle. Duck makes a good scout since he can escape enemies and gets out of pitfalls easily, then the others are good natural fighters even before getting a slingshot. There's quite a bit of honey on most of the maps, so the bear cub acts as gatherer.

I sort of concluded that no one team can thrive on all maps, but I could be mistaken. It just seems that since every map has a unique native fruit and amount of obstacles/enemies, you can't expect the same trio of skills to win them all? At least in terms of achieving the target score.

My best so far was Butch (Dog), Mira (Rabbit), and Eugene(Koala). Butch sniffs out what is on the next tile, Mira can be put to sleep every other day so the next day she'll move 7 times. Eugene can, as long as the spinner lands on 7, move 7 as well. Sometimes I put Soleil because she is able to cook.

I like to use Wolf Villager in the team to have the chance to make moves far away from the team.

Been doing pretty well with a team of duck, bear cub and eagle. Duck makes a good scout since he can escape enemies and gets out of pitfalls easily, then the others are good natural fighters even before getting a slingshot. There's quite a bit of honey on most of the maps, so the bear cub acts as gatherer.

I sort of concluded that no one team can thrive on all maps, but I could be mistaken. It just seems that since every map has a unique native fruit and amount of obstacles/enemies, you can't expect the same trio of skills to win them all? At least in terms of achieving the target score.

I did. Same three. I have the trophy in my house. ^_^

I used Mathilda, Sylvia, and Cyrus.

Back