• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which of your starting villagers do you still have?

Hypno KK

vampire squid from heck
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Celeste Chick Plush
January Birthstone (Garnet)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Exactly what it says in the title :)

Do you still have any of your first villagers? What's kept them around? Do you plan on keeping them forever?

(I'll post my answer in a separate post to keep things neat.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Out of my first villagers, I still have Dora and Patty.

I wasn't planning on keeping Dora but she really grew on me. I'm going to reset my town soon and I'm hoping to carry her over with me.

I mostly just kept Patty around because I don't care. I don't dislike her, there are worse Peppies, her house placement was really nice. And I just never really had the opportunity to adopt her out without voiding her so she just stuck.

None of em... I want to stay with Margie, but no... My town have other plans.

I still have Kiki. She has pinged me once to move out but I asked her to stay and she hasn't mentioned moving again.

I hope she stays, I've liked her character design and personality since the GameCube days and it would be nice to keep an original villager in my town.

Started my 1st town when the game was released and all the villagers still live there.
I loved that I got some old villagers and some new ones. Once the random 10th villager moved in they all stayed.

I have more than one town so I see a lot of different villagers. My main town is still my favorite to play in.

CJbO0d_UYAQxd0y.jpg
I've had Gaston and Bree since I started playing New Leaf when it came out nearly four years ago.They've always been good villagers so I see no reason to let 'em move.

As my current town is still fairly new, I still have all of my starting villagers except Naomi and a couple of amiibo that I forced to move in to replace villagers I was moving out.

My starting villagers are alright I guess. None of them are villagers I hate, just villagers I feel indifferent to. I have Kody as one of starting villagers who was a jock I had in wild world. He wasn't so bad as I thought he'd be, but I prefer Genji. Marcie, Nibbles and Hamphrey also live in my town. I find Hamphrey adorable, but he's not a cranky i'll be keeping. Marcie is also really cute but there's so many other normals i'd rather have. Nibbles I don't really like but she's okay I guess. Could be worse.

Eunice, Henry and Bluebear.
The other 7 are horrible amiibo's that never ping to move.

Julian is the original villager left in my town. He has been with me since Day One and that is 2013 June 7, two days before ACNL launch date, if I remember correctly :lemon:

Last edited:
My town is still fairly new-- I purchased New Leaf shortly after the Welcome to Amiibo update. My starting villagers that stuck around are Frobert, Gala, Marshal, Purrl, and Wendy.

Frobert and Purrl - Their names are punny and I love puns. They both grew on me over time, even if I thought Purrl's design was strange at first.

Gala - I adore her design and personality! She is just so sweet! I will be keeping her.

Marshal - He was the mysterious tenth villager who moved in shortly after I started my town. I was a bit upset with him at first since he moved into the spot I was going to put a human villager, but I got over that long ago. He has grown on me big time. Definitely a permanent resident.

Wendy - I also love her personality and design! She also shares the same name as a dear family friend who passed away years ago so having her be one of yam starting villagers has made me feel sentimental. A keeper for sure.

I think I've had Hamphrey in my town since the very beginning. My first screenshot of the game has him in it, at least. I've been trying to have him move out though. I do love him though. He's short and cute looking so his deep grumpy voice is such a funny contrast. He still hasn't given me his picture.

If Ruby hasn't been in my game since the beginning then she was definitely one of the first to move in. She's my favorite Peppy and I just love her to pieces. There's no better rabbit in the game, in my opinion. I've always thought she looks a bit like a rabbit version of Lord Voldemort, and have changed her catchphrase and greeting to reflect that.

Most of them, I don't completely remember all my starters since so many moved in quickly, but Mira, Diva, Mac, and Fauna are my only ones that weren't starters that I have currently

Frank was one of my starters and I kept him around. His house was in a decent spot and I've always liked the design of the eagle villagers.

I still have Aurora from my first day in 2013. She's not one of my favorite villagers per se, but I like the idea of having a link to the past. Someone who has chatted with people who may have visited my town years ago. I'll probably keep her for as long as I can.

I still have all my starter villagers. Although, Bill, one of my starters, is moving out in two days.

Last edited:
All of my five starting villagers from my current town are gone, although Francine, who moved in a few days after I started my game, is still around.

Back