• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Politics General Discussion Thread II - "UK General Election 2017" Edition

Sadly...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Saw on Facebook that Corbyn is preparing a Queen's Speech for when/if May fails to serve as a leader of the country.
17d659a53158adc0ee0ddf9228bd26b4.gif

I honestly thought they'd have to call another election if she failed. Not sure how Labour could do it since lib dem's don't want a coalition and SNP can't vote on English laws. IDK this is such an utter mess and all because May got over confident...

I don't know the United Kingdom or what serves them best.

I know America and I know what I think will serve America best.

Personally, I'm fine with anyone winning the U.K election as long
as they're willing to work with our president and not against him.

Take Nigel Farage, we don't need him ;)

He shot into America like a rat up a pipe when Trump became president, proving him to be a massive hypocrite and snake in the grass when he preached "foreigners not stealing citizen jobs".

- - - Post Merge - - -

I honestly thought they'd have to call another election if she failed. Not sure how Labour could do it since lib dem's don't want a coalition and SNP can't vote on English laws. IDK this is such an utter mess and all because May got over confident...

If DUP-DUP (just say it out loud) were to refuse Theresa's offer to form a coalition government, another election would have to be called. Labour and Lib-Dems would never form a coalition with the conservatives and UKIP didn't even get any seats, compared to the one seat they got in 2015.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Theresa May clearly got a bit big for her boots when calling this election. I think it's in her and her party's best interest that she resigns as PM.

From what I can tell the DUP aren't allowed to form an official coalition with the Tories because of the GFA. Sinn Fein are apparently already kicking off about it. But I could be wrong. I think they can form a minority government but they'll struggle to get anything passed. TM should resign but she says she won't, but then again she said she wasn't going to call a snap election so who knows what she'll do. UKIP are completely pointless now, Cameron screwed them over by calling the referendum, which is pretty funny.

From what I can tell the DUP aren't allowed to form an official coalition with the Tories because of the GFA. Sinn Fein are apparently already kicking off about it. But I could be wrong. I think they can form a minority government but they'll struggle to get anything passed. TM should resign but she says she won't, but then again she said she wasn't going to call a snap election so who knows what she'll do. UKIP are completely pointless now, Cameron screwed them over by calling the referendum, which is pretty funny.

The country's going into chaos lol. I don't even think news outlets know what's going on anymore, but the prediction that Corbyn will be PM after this still stands.

First thing he'll do is cancel Trump's state visit outright following the Paris deal and attacking the mayor of London, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Well I sure hope Corbyn will be our PM one day. Can you imagine Boris Johnson as PM *shudders*

I just hope I stop seeing terror attacks day after day. I really don't care who's leading in Europe. Neither should you. What everyone should care about is working with, not against to solve a prominent issue today, terrorism... radical islamic terrorism to be more specific.

Did Walker become PM? His birthday was yesterday.

In all seriousness though, good luck with whoever got elected.

Last edited:
I just hope I stop seeing terror attacks day after day. I really don't care who's leading in Europe. Neither should you. What everyone should care about is working with, not against to solve a prominent issue today, terrorism... radical islamic terrorism to be more specific.

For us its relevant who is leading in Europe because it directly effects what happens to us, our laws and our services.

For us its relevant who is leading in Europe because it directly effects what happens to us, our laws and our services.

No matter what country you live in, local government has more effect on what happens to you daily.

I think I must have misunderstood your comment then and I apologise. Since we are in Europe I assumed that the comment contained my local leaders.

I think I must have misunderstood your comment then and I apologise. Since we are in Europe I assumed that the comment contained my local leaders.

I'm in America. Federal leaders, nation leaders, country leaders... whatever you want to call them... handle terrorism and try to protect the nation they represent while local government handles more things that affect you on a day to day basis. Sorry if I confused you or made my opinion confusing.

Last edited:
I'm in America. Federal leaders, nation leaders, country leaders... whatever you want to call them... handle terrorism and try to protect the nation they represent while local government handles more things that affect you on a day to day basis. Sorry if I confused you or made my opinion confusing.

OK, I don't think our system works the same way. Our home secretary is responsible for dealing with terrorism mostly along with the foreign sectary.

Last edited:
OK, I don't think our system works the same way. Our home secretary is responsible for dealing with terrorism mostly along with the foreign sectary.

Your home secretary is our secretary of state?

What I know is that people in federal positions handle terrorism, radical Islamic or not, and not local government... unless you're that one Sherrif in Florida telling people to arm themselves. lol

Your home secretary is our secretary of state?

What I know is that people in federal positions handle terrorism, radical Islamic or not, and not local government... unless you're that one Sherrif in Florida telling people to arm themselves. lol

I'm not sure, Home secretary is part of the cabinet that is put together by the PM. They are an elected body of Members of Parliament that make up the cabinet.

I just realized that I got confused with the OUP and the DUP both of them suck and both of them are based around hate so I didn't have to change much about my post luckily. Haha.

BUT WE LIVE IN EUROPE. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU DO. WHO LEADS EUROPE/THE UK AFFECTS OUR FUTURE, NOT YOURS.

Well, I just got a warning. I stand by what I said fully, however, though perhaps I could've worded it better.

If you don't care about British politics, maybe try not posting in a political thread for the UK in the future? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Back