• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Politics General Discussion Thread II - "UK General Election 2017" Edition

Bowie

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Gold Trophy (First Place)
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
XaCKm0N.png

Hello and welcome to the second politics general discussion thread in TBT's history. This is here to avoid the expected influx of threads made during the UK general election date (the 8th of June). Let's try and keep this one from getting locked, all right? All right.

This thread is here for all of your "Despicable May" and "Jezbollah" posts. That being said, please do not insult one another. Try to discuss everything as civilly as you can, and remember that everyone is entitled to their wrong opinions!

Last edited:
I really don't have that much to say about it. I don't really know that much about Theresa May either, so I can't really say I dislike her.

I'm interested to see in what way Scotland votes this time around. Although I personally think the SNP are best for Scotland, I know a lot of Scottish leftists who feel far more comfortable voting for Corbyn's Labour than they did Miliband's, so I could definitely see Labour regaining a lot of their seats in Scotland. I'd imagine Corbyn would be far more open to working with the SNP in a coalition situation than his predecessor was, so maybe the overall outcome will be the same regardless of which party wins the majority of Scotland's seats (with the exception of the Tories of course, but what are the odds of them winning a Scottish majority?)

I haven't read much into the UK election and as a citizen of the US I dont think my opinion should even matter if I did do research. But I hope ya'll make a choice you can be happy with and I hope relations between the US and UK remain strong and friendly. :)

"everyone is entitled to their wrong opinions"

Lmao.

Anyway, I'm pretty neutral on the matter. I have a lot of friends from the UK.

Really like the fact that people want change, yet they somewhat vote back Tories. I guess a lot of couch potatoes supported Labour or other minor parties but didn't care because everything is messed up anyways. Feel a lot like the US election in a way... Although I don't think the participation was that bad.

H U N G

DESPICABLE MAY

- - - Post Merge - - -

looks like it's hung parliament. sadly, article 50 has already been triggered, so that will still happen.

but yeah, it's definitely not the outcome theresa may wanted.
18920385_680276325495777_7129764196407544938_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm genuinely as scared for my country as I was for America when Trump came into power.

The DUP are essentially a group of Mike Pences.

I'm genuinely as scared for my country as I was for America when Trump came into power.

The DUP are essentially a group of Mike Pences.

Yeah they seem like a bunch of fat ducks indeed. Hoping for the best for you guys.

can't wait for conservatives to **** all over scotland, really disappointed

Well this is great news, a hung Parliament. But at least we know Theresa May likes running through wheat fields.

DBo1pOMWAAAwHRa.jpg

christ the DUP

they're against everything the modern world is about: abortions, same-sex marriage, lgbt rights, you name it

ripperoni

- - - Post Merge - - -

the severity of the situation is sinking in, i'm immigrating to canada.

I love how desperate May was and like took first best conservative group of people that are even more old-fashioned than herself. RIP.

Back