cicadas

BirbyBird

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
what do you think of them? likes, dislikes, etc

discuss

P1120622.jpgP1120623.jpgP1120624.jpgP1120625.jpgP1120626.jpgP1120627.jpgP1120628.jpgP1120629.jpgP1120630.jpgP1120631.jpgP1120632.jpgP1120633.jpgP1120634.jpgP1120635.jpg

Last edited:
I like the sounds they make! I've never seen one in real life though. Only in anime and Animal Crossing.

It won't let me click on ur pic links D:

thats odd whenever i click edit my post and then save without editing the pictures show up just fine for me? should i just post the pictures in another post?

- - - Post Merge - - -

there i uploaded the pictures on the op are they showing up now?

In a biological standpoint, they seem really cool and interesting.
In a Brookie and petty standpoint, they would freak the hell out of me if I saw one in my house.
In the ACNL standpoint, they are annoying af.

I've never seen one IRL. I've seen videos of masses of them though and don't think I'd ever want to see that up close. I wouldn't mind a few chirping away but a swarm seems terrifying.

I like them plenty in Animal Crossing though. The sounds make summertime so much more lively.

Wait, do you own them OP? It looks like you have some.

nah i found them when they were still in their hard shell a couple days ago, took them home so they could emerge from their shells as adults in peace without anything trying to eat them (ants are a huge pest they kill and eat cicadas while they're still soft) and i released them the next day. i am tempted to find one and keep it

this is a special brood of ciadas as you know how certain ones emerge every year, some types emerge after 2 years being underground and so forth? well these cicadas have been underground for 17 YEARS. now thats pretty lit imo

I don't think we really have them in Ireland, at least that I've seen anyway. I can see how the noises they make could get annoying though so I'm kind of glad

We have them where I live and they annoy the crap out of me. They're loud and annoying and they irritate me just as much in ACNL as they do in real life. My family loves them but for whatever reason I just can't stand them. I did think the cicada shells were cool when I was younger though.

I like cicadas. i really dont see them much where i live but you always hear them during the summer, i wouldnt say their sounds are necessarily pleasant, but theyre part of the fabric of summer here and i appreciate them as such. ours are the ones that are always reproducing, theyre not the 17 year ones or whatever that are in the news sometimes. i never come across their 'shells' here. i think youd have to go farther north to see those, seems like ive seen them before in georgia and alabama.

I think they're really neat, I've only ever seen one in real life, and it was at the beach chilling in some shrub I had to follow it's call. I think they're really cool and all, but I would probably freak out if it was flying near me.

I love them so much!! So cute. When I was younger, my family used to find them on the ground at night. When we did, we would taken them home and watch them come out of their hard shell for the night. Then after that we'd watch them fly around and attempt feeding them with branches and watermelon peels.

We'd then release them in the morning x3

I honestly hate bugs but these things are pretty interesting to me. I work outside in the mornings so I see these things pretty often. Sure, they do make a lot of noise. One time my brother wanted me to help him throw crap at one that was hiding in a tree because it was keeping him up all night (XD). I also heard the play dead lmao.

They wig me out because they play dead. I picked one up when I was 6 years old and thought it looked really pretty because it was one of ones that was greenish on top with a white stomach. It laid on it's back in my hands and let me look at it for 10 or 15 seconds before it suddenly started flailing and trying to get away. I actually kind of like the sounds they make, I just hope they never ever ever come anywhere near me.

I'd really like to see 'em and hold 'em someday. I've held the shells but unfortunately I've never been able to find one.

I've never seen them before, I'm pretty sure you don't get them where I live (or they're super rare) but they look really nice, I'd like to see some!

Back