• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

cicadas

Something about them freaks me out. Of course, I'm freaked out by bugs in general, but I almost put them up there with moths as the insects that freak me out the most. They're just so...gross and freaky and HUGE. Ew.

Back when I lived in Korea we'd get cicadas every summer and I just remember the constant singing outside my window and it kind of drove me nuts. I remember catching cicadas and dragonflies with a net with my brother and this other kid in my neighbourhood (exactly like in acnl lmao)... but as I got older I got a little squeamish.

I used to like the sounds they make but living in a country where they're abundant during the hot and humid summers, I'm tired of them. Before living here, when I heard them, it reminded me of Evangelion haha.

When I was a kid my grandma and I would go around picking up cicada shells and I used them as temporary 'brooches'. I thought the shells were really cute??? I used to find the sound of cicadas annoying, but I've grown to love it since they bring back good childhood memories.

I don't like them. I've never seen one in real life, but I've heard them plenty of times. They're so loud and annoying. At night, you can hear them chirping loud and clear all the way inside the house. They also annoy me in Animal Crossing, and I'm always glad when they go away.

who wants to make a million babies with me who wants to make a million babies with me

Last edited:
Cicadas are ok. The sounds they make remind me of summer. Sometimes they can get really annoying when you just want some peace and quiet, especially if you're already having a bad day.

I HATE CICADAS.

my cousin showed me a video of 2 cicadas fighting, and one eventually ate the other, whole. That gave me a deadly fear of bugs and cicadas. Also the noises they make are so annoying, smh.

they are really cute, but i've never seen them irl. they'd probably drive me nuts after a while too

i've never seen one but i've heard them when i'm in cottage country. the sound is relaxing, buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt bugs

Back