Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Peach (Fruit)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Sakura Easter Egg
So I guess I am a habitual resetter. I don't really know what about it is so appealing to me other than the fresh start. I can never be satisfied with my map. There is always something missing or wrong about it that irks me. I put a TON of work and poured my heart into my current town, but I've hit a wall and am unmotivated to fix what needs to be fixed, and in some cases I cannot fix it. But then after all this time, why would I want to lose my progress? I'm sure there will be something wrong with the next map eventually too, and then I would have lost all the unorderable furniture, hybrids, etc. Plus all the rambling, oh jeeze I hate all the beginning chatter haha! Does anyone else always feel this way after a while in their town? I know a lot of you have had the same town for years, how do you do it? Like what things keep you interested in staying? I just seriously LOVE landscaping. And now there isn't a whole lot more I can do in my town except tweak a bunch of areas. Anyway I just wanted to get this out and see if anyone else does the same thing! I am going to try to talk myself out of it this time cause I've never been more happy with a town. It just has some flaws haha. :D

Last edited:
hey look it's my acnl life

There's pros and cons of every map, and there's a way that all the cons of a map can be worked with. If you've poured time and put days of work into your town, the map must be good if you're a habitual resetter. I spent about a year resetting on and off, and I learnt that you'll never be satisfied with a map entirely, but you can't keep resetting if you find one that you like. If you feel like you've hit a wall, maybe you could try changing your town up a bit? Changing flower placement, paths, etc. Something small like that, or big. Good luck! :)

Is the DA in your signature the town I visited yesterday? The parts of your town I saw are really cute and I'm really envious. I love my autumn town but I feel like other people are so much more creative than I am. I will visit your DA so I can see the rest of your town.

I have a serious problem about resetting, too. I'll start over, find a great map and go full force landscaping for a few months, lose motivation and restart one of my other cartridges ( I have 3 ) and the cycle repeats. I wish I could be happy just playing one town without restarting but I don't think that'll ever be the case. Though, like I said, I love my autumn town and I'm hoping this one will break that cycle!

hey look it's my acnl life

There's pros and cons of every map, and there's a way that all the cons of a map can be worked with. If you've poured time and put days of work into your town, the map must be good if you're a habitual resetter. I spent about a year resetting on and off, and I learnt that you'll never be satisfied with a map entirely, but you can't keep resetting if you find one that you like. If you feel like you've hit a wall, maybe you could try changing your town up a bit? Changing flower placement, paths, etc. Something small like that, or big. Good luck! :)

Flower arrangement is one of my biggest projects at the moment! They are everywhere and it's overwhelming haha. But yeah I bet if I sorted them out I'd be a lot happier. You're right too. There's just like no point in always resetting. You get nowhere and eventually you find something you hate about the next map too. I am glad I'm not alone on this!

Is the DA in your signature the town I visited yesterday? The parts of your town I saw are really cute and I'm really envious. I love my autumn town but I feel like other people are so much more creative than I am. I will visit your DA so I can see the rest of your town.

I have a serious problem about resetting, too. I'll start over, find a great map and go full force landscaping for a few months, lose motivation and restart one of my other cartridges ( I have 3 ) and the cycle repeats. I wish I could be happy just playing one town without restarting but I don't think that'll ever be the case. Though, like I said, I love my autumn town and I'm hoping this one will break that cycle!

That's what I am hoping to do with this town too! Haha I need to break the cycle. I think getting a new cartridge would help me a lot. I have a ton of ideas and so little room! Yes the DA is the town you visited yesterday. I've made a few changes since I updated, mostly in the forest area by the town hall. i really do like the town and it's not finished yet, I think I've just hit a wall with it, like landscapers block or something haha!

I'm glad I haven't counted how many times I've reset my New Leaf (and before that, Wild World) towns because the number would be staggering and flat out embarrassing. I think I know exactly how you feel. It's like at first your town looks good to you, but since you see it day in day out, it starts seeming inferior to others' towns, even though anyone who hasn't hacked faces the same mixture of obstacles (rocks, dead spots etc) as you do.

I think for me half of it is just seeing my own town too much to where anything different looks refreshing. I need to start visiting others more often, or better yet, stop playing so dang much lol.

I've reset a few times. When I'm done landscaping I try to focus on other things I was ignoring because of landscaping. I view landscaping as setting up the town and the when I'm done the bulk of it minus tweaks I try to start really playing the game more. Like living out the in game story I made up for my town. I think it's hard to get.oyt of landscaping mode and into relaxing mode (for me that's fishing for hours and chatting villagers). If there are areas you feel like they are good enough but you don't love them- redo them. I went from a landscaping slump to a zillion ideas doing this. Try to make all of your town a area you LOVE not just like a lot if that makes sense?
If all else fails try to add layers to your town them I guess? Like cute/pink/...bakery villager or something idk.

I never had the heart to reset any of my games. I'm thinking of buying another copy just so I can start over.

I'm glad I haven't counted how many times I've reset my New Leaf (and before that, Wild World) towns because the number would be staggering and flat out embarrassing. I think I know exactly how you feel. It's like at first your town looks good to you, but since you see it day in day out, it starts seeming inferior to others' towns, even though anyone who hasn't hacked faces the same mixture of obstacles (rocks, dead spots etc) as you do.

I think for me half of it is just seeing my own town too much to where anything different looks refreshing. I need to start visiting others more often, or better yet, stop playing so dang much lol.

Haha yes I think that is the problem! Whenever I do something new it is really refreashing and I love it. So I think I need to work on that more. There are definitely a lot of areas that need work in my town so I need to focus on that, rather than the placement of a few things here and here. When I unlocked a 2nd QR I went mad with new ideas and I am thinking now I need to unlock my 3rd QR. So glad to hear more people get it though! I could literally have 15 towns all with different themes. They need to make our towns bigger!! Lol

I've reset a few times. When I'm done landscaping I try to focus on other things I was ignoring because of landscaping. I view landscaping as setting up the town and the when I'm done the bulk of it minus tweaks I try to start really playing the game more. Like living out the in game story I made up for my town. I think it's hard to get.oyt of landscaping mode and into relaxing mode (for me that's fishing for hours and chatting villagers). If there are areas you feel like they are good enough but you don't love them- redo them. I went from a landscaping slump to a zillion ideas doing this. Try to make all of your town a area you LOVE not just like a lot if that makes sense?
If all else fails try to add layers to your town them I guess? Like cute/pink/...bakery villager or something idk.

These are very good ideas. I think I will have to do that! I have plenty of areas I could really put more work into. I just need to focus on one area at a time so I don't get so overwhelmed. And you're right, it is hard to get out of landscaping mode now that I'm almost done. I know I have a few fish & deep sea creatures I need to catch still for May so I need to just focus on that too. I literally only have 2 fossils left to get for my museum so it's pretty neat I almost have that completed! I never got that far before in any of my other towns!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never had the heart to reset any of my games. I'm thinking of buying another copy just so I can start over.

Yeah, I am thinking of grabbing another copy this weekend. The only thing that stinks about that is I would not have all the PWP requests that I have now. But I'm still thinking about it!

I bought my game at the official european release date and I never deleted or resetted my town. Maybe it's dumb to think like I did/do, but I thought: "to me, this is like reallife and you can't reset reallife. Be happy with what you have and be proud of what you made." so maybe you should try to do the best with what you have, if you're unhappy cut every tree down and do it over but don't delete it or if you're always unhappy start to hack or something.

Since I have AC New Leaf (since his launch) i always feel satisfied with the Map i choose first, i don't know, i really like the way it looks but a few months ago i restart my town because i feel stuck cause of some Amiibo Villagers. Anyway, i feel unsatisfied with every Map i saw before of that but then i found a Map with the similar and better layout so i choose em.

My point is that i think it isn't the map, maybe is what you've done with that Map, that's why i'm satisfied, (insert inspired Mario Galaxy Music here) because the possibilities of always make something new or better are infinite and i'm happy with that.

I relate with you in the Villagers, sometimes i don't feel the Villagers as the way i used to think i do, so i'm trying to look for that Villager i feel comfortable with (popular or not, i don't care about that thing). Lately i accomplish that and now i'm look for the Cranky one.

I actually never reset my town. I've had the same town ever since I started playing. I'm thinking of resetting it since I've had for years and want to get back the feeling of having a challenge.

I bought my game at the official european release date and I never deleted or resetted my town. Maybe it's dumb to think like I did/do, but I thought: "to me, this is like reallife and you can't reset reallife. Be happy with what you have and be proud of what you made." so maybe you should try to do the best with what you have, if you're unhappy cut every tree down and do it over but don't delete it or if you're always unhappy start to hack or something.

That is a good point! But I guess to me, it is my escape from real life. I would LOVE do overs in life haha! So there are two ways to look at it. I wish I could have that mentality though. Hacking would be the answer to all the minor details I would like to fix, but I wouldn't even know the first thing about it since I'm not very computer savvy!

Since I have AC New Leaf (since his launch) i always feel satisfied with the Map i choose first, i don't know, i really like the way it looks but a few months ago i restart my town because i feel stuck cause of some Amiibo Villagers. Anyway, i feel unsatisfied with every Map i saw before of that but then i found a Map with the similar and better layout so i choose em.

My point is that i think it isn't the map, maybe is what you've done with that Map, that's why i'm satisfied, (insert inspired Mario Galaxy Music here) because the possibilities of always make something new or better are infinite and i'm happy with that.

I relate with you in the Villagers, sometimes i don't feel the Villagers as the way i used to think i do, so i'm trying to look for that Villager i feel comfortable with (popular or not, i don't care about that thing). Lately i accomplish that and now i'm look for the Cranky one.

Good points! Luckily I have almost all the villagers I like amiibo cards so I have no issues with that. I love switching them out and meeting new ones. I get what you're saying about the town map though. I think what ruins it for me is the fact that some of the projects are permanent, so once they are all there it's hard to change a whole lot about it. They need to have the ability to demolish those PWP's as well, like any city sometimes you have to make room for new things!

I actually never reset my town. I've had the same town ever since I started playing. I'm thinking of resetting it since I've had for years and want to get back the feeling of having a challenge.

Wow that is really cool that you've had the same town all this time. What keeps you playing? I would love to be able to stick to a town like that for a long time. At least long enough to complete the museum!

I'm thinking of deleting it because I'm stuck with 7 amiibo's who never ping to move.
I don't want to, because if I reset, I'll never play again.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of deleting it because I'm stuck with 7 amiibo's who never ping to move.
I don't want to, because if I reset, I'll never play again.

Give it time! I thought they never did, but I've had Cheif and Filbert ping to move and they are both amiibos. My town isn't full of amiibos either. Otherwise, trade your cards on here so you can get the ones you want to replace them!

Last edited:
I always come up with cool themes to do and styles. But I cant bring myself to restart so I bought another copy. Now I can keep both towns!

It was scanning cards that got me into this mess. LoL

Last edited:
I'm the same way Maddie. I'm never fully satisfied with the layout of my map after a few weeks, so I reset. Now, i'm starting to think of all the time im wasting and need to focus on one map no matter how bad I want to reset. Thank's for the knowledge, great to see i'm not alone.

Wow that is really cool that you've had the same town all this time. What keeps you playing? I would love to be able to stick to a town like that for a long time. At least long enough to complete the museum!

I guess what keeps me coming back is just being used to my town. I change it up regularly so it doesn't feel too stale but it's still my town which is a nice balance. :) I think taking my time with some activities like cataloguing or collecting things helps, plus over the years I've taken some breaks when I got bored. I imagine it'd be harder to stick with it if I played every single day.

On the other hand... I think it's official that I'm going to reset now as soon as I find someone to hold a couple of villagers for me. I feel bad because I have so many nice memories of my first town but I need some change at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you ever think in have in mind a design for a Town? I remember in my Town Search look some other great Maps.
-Great Plaza Position.
-Great Town Hall Position.
-Great Re-tail Position.
-Great design.
Sadly... Is not what i looking for, because i have in mind something else.

Maybe you should made a list of the things you want in a town and how you want it so you have no regrets in the future, just as i do.

This game is all about the villagers for me.When I have a good group of villagers,the map/town layout is just the backdrop.I still have my first New Leaf town,Catlips.Its four year anniversary will be next month.I keep things fresh by changing some of the landscaping,adding a new PWP or sometimes adding a new villager.I've never built up a town and filled it with PWPs,paths,etc. right off the bat.I try to build up my towns gradually because I think if you do the landscaping,PWPs.paths,etc. immediately after starting a new town you might get the sense that it's "finished" too quickly and get bored playing there.

Back