• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Would your perspective on Trump change if he wasn't as loud?

Legendery

You think this is a game?
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Ancient Candle
Cherry (Fruit)
With all the political discussions going on regarding Donald Trump, it got me thinking, if Donald Trump was just a random politician who didn't use twitter or make mean and uncalled for remarks, would your perspective change enough for you to have potentially voted for him? Or is it all his politics and actions as president that make you have such a negative view on him.

This genuinely interest me and I would love to hear what some of you have to say :)

LOL no, maybe if he wasn't an incompetent corrupt racist sexist lizard person I'd like him xD.

LOL no, maybe if he wasn't an incompetent corrupt racist sexist lizard person I'd like him xD.

Then you wouldn't like any politician? :p

I actually like that he's loud. I've mentioned before but if someone's going to do something awful I want it to be out in the open, part of why I chose Trump in the first place.

eh idk i dont think he would be the president if he hadnt been as loud on social media. i guess i wouldnt have hated him as much because i wouldnt know a lot about who he was lol

if he stopped saying stupid stuff and crying about everything on twitter he'd probably be more respected as a politician but i wouldnt like him more bc of it.

I actually like that he's loud. I've mentioned before but if someone's going to do something awful I want it to be out in the open, part of why I chose Trump in the first place.

not all politicians are incompetent, corrupt, racist and sexist ....? i get that youre joking but trump isn't anything like what a good politician should be like

No I don't like corporate shills and Hillary was nasty too. I don't care if he's an *******,but his policy is garbage.

No, it wouldn't. He's a threat to my healthcare.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Personally, his loud moronic behavior is only the icing on the cake. It's his policies that mostly upset me.

Do you honestly think that my whole viewpoint of him could be based on something so shallow?

No, he gets no respect from me for a number of reasons. One being the way he has treated women, not only his sexist comments, but his brushing off sexually assaulting women as nothing. He should be in jail for ever doing that, but the fact that he also brushed it off makes it even worse. He is a disgusting POS.

His policies are terrible and very harmful to many people. His cabinet appointees are all the antithesis of the positions they were appointed to. He's a dog of the religious right (even though Christianity is probably only something he'd use for power and not actually believe in). His positions and statements embolden the worst of America - the white supremacists, the Christian dominionists/other Christian extremist groups who have no respect for the separation of church and state, the pseudo-historians, the misogynists, etc., etc.

Trump is like a monster created from the sludge of the dark underside of the USA. And unfortunately, he's not all bark, he's also bite. He has done so much damage already. People brought down Hillary for being so corrupt, but then turned around and elected a blatantly corrupt man. Trump is so much worse than being actually corrupt, but if that's how he's brought down, so be it.

I like him..... No one gives him any credit for all he's done. People just want to bash him without really thinking about it and just following societal norms. He's loud as a distraction, he's smarter than people think.

Last edited:
Guys, I don't think the OP is accusing people of only hating him for his volume. Some of you seem to be quite offended by the question. The OP just wants discussion.

I like him..... No one gives him any credit for all he's done. People just want to bash him without really thinking about it and just following societal norms. He's loud as a distraction, he's smarter than people think.

The volume of his voice isn't what people have a problem with, it's the insulting and offensive garbage he's said with his voice that people have a problem with, just an fyi.

actually racking my brain trying to figure out what positive thing he's done

though even if there was anything, I don't think that excuses his frequently disgusting attitude and actions. him being loud has nothing to do with him being absolutely vile on about every level. though I doubt we'd be dealing with this garbage right now if he wasn't loud, because the types of disgusting people he emboldens only seem to know how to listen to people when they're being loud and obnoxious

actually racking my brain trying to figure out what positive thing he's done

though even if there was anything, I don't think that excuses his frequently disgusting attitude and actions. him being loud has nothing to do with him being absolutely vile on about every level. though I doubt we'd be dealing with this garbage right now if he wasn't loud, because the types of disgusting people he emboldens only seem to know how to listen to people when they're being loud and obnoxious

My customers are reporting that they are getting more back on their retirement accounts. My retirement account jumped up as well.

I'm not counting on getting and SSI when I'm older so I'm always encouraging people to invest in themselves instead of hoping for something uncertain in the future.

To name one thing. It might seem insignificant but it's important to me.

Also, while I disagree with the bombs he dropped, I think he did so in a very calculated way to avoid as many innocent lives as possible. Which is another good thing he's done.

Last edited:
His tweets and offensive remarks are a huge part of my reason for hating him..but it's much more than that. He's just a sleazeball. Even before he was president it was abundantly clear that he only cared for himself and all of the other rich white people in his life. His offensive remarks just further prove how bad of a person he is.

so I'm always encouraging people to invest in themselves instead of hoping for something uncertain in the future.

oh don't worry, as long as people like trump hold influenceable political power, I plan to be dead long before retirement

Last edited:
Even if he wasn't as outspoken, I still wouldn't change my opinion on this man.

This is a man who thinks planned parenthood is an "abortion factory", thinks Muslim Americans should be abolished until he can "figure things out", "can't decide", on transsexual rights, wants to surrogate individual states (which is what his stance on same-sex marriage will result in), fires members of the FBI if they go against him, is a complete pervert who calls women "big fat pigs", and has been accused of being a rapist multiple times, including by his very own ex-wife. Oh, and the KKK have claimed him to have "reunited [their] people".

His voice is the least of my concerns.

Last edited:
This is a man who thinks planned parenthood is an "abortion factory", thinks Muslim Americans should be abolished until he can "figure things out", "can't decide", on transsexual rights, wants to surrogate individual states (which is what his stance on same-sex marriage will result in), fires members of the FBI if they go against him, is a complete pervert who calls women "big fat pigs", and has been accused of being a rapist multiple times, including by his very own ex-wife. Oh, and the KKK have claimed him to have "reunited [their] people".

His voice is the least of my concerns.

On that note, I heard he also wants to rid of birth control, which is insane.

Not at all, his loudness is just the icing on the classist, prejudiced, incompetent cake

Back