• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Breath of the Wild: Which Zelda do you sound like when crying?

Which language of Zelda crying sounded like you?

• Total voters
Don't like like the Japanese one personally, it's too dramatic for my liking.

I think I like the Spanish and Italian ones best, although it does sound quite odd to phrase it that way. "Yeah, I prefer this dub of Zelda's crying" x'D

Also, the memory that scene is in is absolutely heartbreaking to me. I tried to remain spoiler free but after watching the trailer for the umpteenth time I couldn't NOT search for the scene it was where she's crying, and I kind of died.

I think we might be so interested in this because this, I'm pretty sure, is one of the first, if not THE first scene in the Zelda series where we see emotions acted out this way. We haven't had an actual voiced dub for Zelda games and I think they've done a pretty good job at this really. Many people think Zelda's English dub isn't all that great or they even hate it, but I think it could have been way worse. I like her intonation honestly. It's not quite what I was expecting but it does fit.

The line she speaks in the memory before she starts crying. That's excellently executed imo. Maybe that's why I actually don't mind the English voice actress. I dunno. ;u;

Back