• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Impeachment of Donald Trump

Do you support the impeachment of Donald Trump?

• Yes

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the topic isnt on obamacare nor did i ever mention obamacare. the topic is about trump getting impeached.

as ive said the point in my post, even if trump does get impeached, there is still going to be someone with the same agenda as him to continue the work.

Last edited:
if we're going to delve into the topic of impeachment of trump, let's talk about the vice first. he's a super righteous man, but the negative is he's extremely homophobic, transphobic, etc. when i say righteous, i mean he won't talk to another woman in private without his wife. so is that better than trump, although he's super against anything not "pure or holy" or some ****??

well, trump is not righteous AND homophobic so it's your flip

That's true too. Trump did cheat on his wife, several times. In fact, many politicians and celebrities have engaged in adultery, which is very shameful. But I feel the worst two cases of adultery in politics were the case with Bill Clinton and the case with John Edwards. One of them lied to a judge during a lawsuit over it, and the other cheated on his wife while she had breast cancer. The latter case was very horrible. If you betray a family member like that while they are in a serious condition, your moral behavior is just as deep as the darkness of hell. I can't think of a worse politician in moral behavior than that, not even Donald Trump.

And yes, Mike Pence may be a scarier man on the social issues than Donald Trump is, but at least he's more fit for the presidency.

"wont talk to another woman in private without his wife"

sounds rather unhealthy

Honestly for any person it's probably a good idea not to meet with anyone you don't absolutely trust in private, especially if you're famous or are thought to have a lot of money. Most people probably won't make up a story to get at what you have, but it only takes one falsehood to ruin your life forever.

Honestly for any person it's probably a good idea not to meet with anyone you don't absolutely trust in private, especially if you're famous or are thought to have a lot of money. Most people probably won't make up a story to get at what you have, but it only takes one falsehood to ruin your life forever.

Agreed. Even if he weren't famous or POTUS, this is an old tradition that I wish we still valued. Many things our great (and great great) grandparents did as couples were done for a reason. Divorce and breakups are more commonplace now than ever before, so who are we to talk about what's 'healthy' and 'unhealthy' in someone else's private relationship.

Of course, like most things, there's much more to it than that. Divorce was harder to obtain years ago, less world population etc, so it's hard to know anything for definite, but I do personally think the modern expected level of 'openness' has its own bag of risks that we are failing to acknowledge; possibly because our new age desire for 'independence' overpowers what years of history tell us?

If Trump were to get impeached, by all appearances it would be over dealings with Russia. So regardless whether the VP would "continue Trump's work," he presumably would at least be somebody who is not a traitor or put more gently somebody without ties to a nation that remains an adversary to and threat to the security of the USA....

You know, George Washington has warned us all about a ridiculously high national debt, a deeply divided nation, and foreign interference over domestic policy. He did not want us to get to that point. Somehow, all of these have come true right when Donald Trump became president. Granted, Obama had lead us to that point, but Trump is continuing to let us stay there.

- Our elections and domestic issues is none of the other countries' business.
- We need to respect others no matter what they agree to, and stop opening issues that can divide us (like how many genders there are).
- The government needs to start cutting funding and pay off their high national debt.

The fact we got into this mess shows that America is the opposite of what Washington wanted. He'd be turning over his grave if he saw what we have done.

You know, George Washington has warned us all about a ridiculously high national debt, a deeply divided nation, and foreign interference over domestic policy. He did not want us to get to that point. Somehow, all of these have come true right when Donald Trump became president. Granted, Obama had lead us to that point, but Trump is continuing to let us stay there.

- Our elections and domestic issues is none of the other countries' business.
- We need to respect others no matter what they agree to, and stop opening issues that can divide us (like how many genders there are).
- The government needs to start cutting funding and pay off their high national debt.

The fact we got into this mess shows that America is the opposite of what Washington wanted. He'd be turning over his grave if he saw what we have done.

Well I'm pretty sure that someone in history once said that ignorance would be the death of us too, so there's that. :lemon:

And thank you for pointing out "national tragedies" that really don't mean anything. There are much bigger things going on in our country; instead of helping in some way in the war on terror, we complain about the fact that some people refuse to acknowledge that "there are more than 2 genders". Like what??

Well I'm pretty sure that someone in history once said that ignorance would be the death of us too, so there's that. :lemon:

And thank you for pointing out "national tragedies" that really don't mean anything. There are much bigger things going on in our country; instead of helping in some way in the war on terror, we complain about the fact that some people refuse to acknowledge that "there are more than 2 genders". Like what??

That's true. In fact, their bickering has created an even bigger issue - political correctness. Funny thing is that a long time ago, before Roe v Wade, it came to a general acceptation that human life begins at conception, as a fetus is not part of the woman's body. But now, we have thrown out a whole bunch of general acceptations (like there are only two genders) to where they aren't even facts anymore. And when we argue about stuff like that, we're not making progress. And don't get me started on how "all lives matter" is considered offensive or triggering. Actually, I got started on it. But here's the thing. If you think "all lives matter" appears to be very offensive, then it clearly shows that you're preaching hatred, and by doing that, you're proving to us that you are evil.

If we're deeply divided, we can't progress further. And we have to progress further to take care of larger issues like war, world hunger, and corruption beyond national soil.

What I'm more curious about is what would happen, if after the investigation, Trump ends up being clear of all the accusations the media made so matter-of-factly, and that a lot of people seem to take as absolute truth.

I'm still waiting for the evidence of a Trump-Putin collusion.

What I'm more curious about is what would happen, if after the investigation, Trump ends up being clear of all the accusations the media made so matter-of-factly, and that a lot of people seem to take as absolute truth.

I'm thinking he will come back free and clear. It is not uncommon for politicians or soon to be politicians to rub shoulders with foreign ambassadors. Actually it's kinda their job.

And if anyone thinks this is the first time a presidential campaign has been influenced by foreign powers, or that this is the first time a president gave a foreign entity classified information, I think they're very naive.

This might be the first time it's been so heavily talked about by the media (I only recently started paying attention to the news) but I highly doubt this is anything new.

Last edited:

do you have links to any of these media accusations? i only recall accusations that Trump made buffoonish comments to a Russian ambassador that could be viewed as compromising an intelligence source in the middle east...

I'm thinking he will come back free and clear. It is not uncommon for politicians or soon to be politicians to rub shoulders with foreign ambassadors. Actually it's kinda their job.

And if anyone thinks this is the first time a presidential campaign has been influenced by foreign powers, or that this is the first time a president gave a foreign entity classified information, I think they're very naive.

This might be the first time it's been so heavily talked about by the media (I only recently started paying attention to the news) but I highly doubt this is anything new.

I felt that the media making Trump look like a villain because they're trying to take control of other people and turn America into an Orwellian state. They fear that they will be in trouble for attempting to do this, and with Trump in office, they can get in trouble for it. But he's not a strong president like I wanted. He did some things I greatly approve of (such as replacing Scalia with Gorsuch, withdrawn from the TPP, reduced undocumented immigration by 72%, and undone Obama's executive order on the bathrooms). But what I'm hoping to see that he hasn't done was punishing people for shoving political correctness down others' throats, shutting down news outlets like Salon and RollingStone, and passing anti-libel laws to protect conservatives, white people, men, and Christians from persecution (nobody should be persecuted, but whites, men, Christians, and conservatives were being bullied by the media). It may seem anti-Democratic and more fascist, but left-wingers in America have proven to be anti-Democratic and more fascist themselves.

Last edited:
As much as I absolutely despise Trump, if he were impeached, Mike Pence would take office. Mike pence is as terrible, if not even more terrible than Trump, and I wouldn't want Pence as president. And of course, I don't want Trump as president either.

Since I'm too young to vote, I haven't really gotten into politics much. I haven't really done my research. But from what I've heard and seen, I've formed an opinion on Trump and Pence already, and frankly, they both suck.

I felt that the media making Trump look like a villain because they're trying to take control of other people and turn America into an Orwellian state. They fear that they will be in trouble for attempting to do this, and with Trump in office, they can get in trouble for it. But he's not a strong president like I wanted. He did some things I greatly approve of (such as replacing Scalia with Gorsuch, withdrawn from the TPP, reduced undocumented immigration by 72%, and undone Obama's executive order on the bathrooms). But what I'm hoping to see that he hasn't done was punishing people for shoving political correctness down others' throats, shutting down news outlets like Salon and RollingStone, and passing anti-libel laws to protect conservatives, white people, men, and Christians from persecution (nobody should be persecuted, but whites, men, Christians, and conservatives were being bullied by the media). It may seem anti-Democratic and more fascist, but left-wingers in America have proven to be anti-Democratic and more fascist themselves.
Whites, Christians, conservatives, and men are not persecuted at all in America. Yeah media tends to be more liberal since most outlets are centered in cities, but there's a decent amount of conservative outlets too that trash talk minorities, poor people, and women who shouldn't be silenced either. I think it's maybe a bit over the top to want to shut down news outlets for writing trash articles? Like what the **** we have free speech lol? This isn't Russia where you can censor the public because you get triggered by what someone' saying. Also "Shoving political correctness down someones throat" shouldn't be a punishable crime at all and if you think it should then you're antifa lmao bye.

It's so ironic that you think they're trying to turn into an Orwellian state yet think we should make stricter libel laws (which would be abused by any and every politician no doubt) and criminalize "shoving political correctness down our throats". Also I think you should double check and make sure you know what fascism means.

Whites, Christians, conservatives, and men are not persecuted at all in America. Yeah media tends to be more liberal since most outlets are centered in cities, but there's a decent amount of conservative outlets too that trash talk minorities, poor people, and women who shouldn't be silenced either. I think it's maybe a bit over the top to want to shut down news outlets for writing trash articles? Like what the **** we have free speech lol? This isn't Russia where you can censor the public because you get triggered by what someone' saying. Also "Shoving political correctness down someones throat" shouldn't be a punishable crime at all and if you think it should then you're antifa lmao bye.

It's so ironic that you think they're trying to turn into an Orwellian state yet think we should make stricter libel laws (which would be abused by any and every politician no doubt) and criminalize "shoving political correctness down our throats". Also I think you should double check and make sure you know what fascism means.

Sorry for sounding pretty extreme. But it's true that people have used political correctness to bully others or punish people wrongfully. And yes, there were some far-right articles that have done the same for the other groups, but I'm not going take them seriously since not all people from these groups are bad.

Also, I don't enjoy starting arguments or baiting for people. And even if I have some pretty far-right beliefs by TBT's standards, I would never try to be mean.

Last edited:
do you have links to any of these media accusations? i only recall accusations that Trump made buffoonish comments to a Russian ambassador that could be viewed as compromising an intelligence source in the middle east...

Really? The media doesn't constantly cover Russian conspiracies from anonymous leaks and insist that we should all worry for our safety without actual evidence? Go on almost any major news network that is covering Trump and you'll run into a Russian conspiracy in no time.

Really? The media doesn't constantly cover Russian conspiracies from anonymous leaks and insist that we should all worry for our safety without actual evidence? Go on almost any major news network that is covering Trump and you'll run into a Russian conspiracy in no time.

you said the media has been making matter-of-fact accusations of Trump-Putin collusion; i haven't heard of that, is there something specific that has been published?

aside from that, i don't think that demonizing the media is going to be a credible defense for the administration or its supporters. Trump's campaign is in fact being investigated for links to Russian efforts to influence the elections, isn't it? by a government that Trump's own political party controls, yes? and one of his former cabinet members, the National Security Advisor no less, is pleading the 5th Amendment instead of turning over documents to the congressional investigation... so I think it's pretty fair to say that the investigation is not media-driven...

Back