• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Impeachment of Donald Trump

Do you support the impeachment of Donald Trump?

• Yes

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All of our votes make a difference. The reason why mine wouldn't matter to the rest of Bell Tree Forums is because I come from a state Trump is going to win anyway (which is Texas). Even the more liberal demographics in America are more conservative in Texas than anywhere else (even if they're still more liberal than conservative). It wouldn't matter who I voted as well because I'm always going to vote conservative. If Hillary Clinton was going to repeal Obamacare without replacement, is pro-life, anti-immigration, anti-SJW, pro-gun, pro-captial punishment, and never discussed a national issue on a private server, I would've voted Hillary. But none of this is true about her. In 2012, I voted Romney even if I prefer Herman Cain or Rick Perry over him. In 2016, I prefer Ted Cruz or Ben Carson over others. If I could vote in 2008, I would've voted John McCain (which I didn't since I was too young to vote back then). I know a lot of you hate the Sith Lord (aka Donald Trump), but I'm always going to vote Republican no matter what. And as long as we have the electoral college, my vote wouldn't matter if I don't agree with the rest of the state.

I appreciate you sticking to your guns (literally! lol)

Personally my views are a mix so I don't consistently vote for either party. I might vote Democrat next time. It'll depend on who's running.

I appreciate you sticking to your guns (literally! lol)

Personally my views are a mix so I don't consistently vote for either party. I might vote Democrat next time. It'll depend on who's running.

The only thing I know about the 2020 candidates is that one of them likes fish sticks.

All of our votes make a difference. The reason why mine wouldn't matter to the rest of Bell Tree Forums is because I come from a state Trump is going to win anyway (which is Texas). Even the more liberal demographics in America are more conservative in Texas than anywhere else (even if they're still more liberal than conservative). It wouldn't matter who I voted as well because I'm always going to vote conservative. If Hillary Clinton was going to repeal Obamacare without replacement, is pro-life, anti-immigration, anti-SJW, pro-gun, pro-captial punishment, and never discussed a national issue on a private server, I would've voted Hillary. But none of this is true about her. In 2012, I voted Romney even if I prefer Herman Cain or Rick Perry over him. In 2016, I prefer Ted Cruz or Ben Carson over others. If I could vote in 2008, I would've voted John McCain (which I didn't since I was too young to vote back then). I know a lot of you hate the Sith Lord (aka Donald Trump), but I'm always going to vote Republican no matter what. And as long as we have the electoral college, my vote wouldn't matter if I don't agree with the rest of the state.

If you have noticed, I haven't knocked soda Fox for her vote nor will I knock yours. :)

I don't believe Trump should get off the hook just because Pence might be an even worse president. I'll never understand that kind of reasoning.

I absolutely support his impeachment. He has no sense of tact or any ounce of professionalism. The fact that you can become president without having any political experience is mind-boggling.

The electoral college needs to go. It was useful a long time ago but we're at the point it's no longer needed. It's causing more issues and encouraging attitudes where people don't think their vote would count. Hearing people say their vote wouldn't matter is so frustrating. No matter what your political views are, it's important to vote. Getting involved to vote for your local elections are very important because they will make a difference in the long run.

I don't believe Trump should get off the hook just because Pence might be an even worse president. I'll never understand that kind of reasoning.

I mean I'd liken this to Watergate, where Nixon wasn't the only domino to fall. (yes, I know he resigned, but for practical purposes the end result stays the same)

So if Trump is found guilty of high treason, then the matter becomes "just how deep into political ties does this go?", and if Pence is also found to be an accomplice or otherwise having fully known about it and turned a blind eye, well then...

(also disclaimer, I'm by no means saying I know any of this to be true. this is purely a hypothetical possibility)

Last edited:
It's comments like these which destroy conversation and discussion. Useless comments regarding a topic don't do anything but fan the flames and make people angry. Instead of writing unconstructive messages, why not tell other people why you think "that orange" should be impeached?

The only somewhat rationale reason I have heard is Duzzel's comment on the separation of the American people.

Edit, I don't like Donald Trump as a president, but I also think impeaching is an overreaction and would cause more harm then good.

The thing is, while impeachment of presidents hasn't been popular with recent presidents (it wasn't popular during Clinton's impeachment in 1998 and 1999, and polls released in 2006 and 2014, respectively, didn't find much support for impeachment of Bush or Obama, which is surprising, especially considering how unpopular George W. Bush got in his second term), Trump is the first president where there is actually popular support to impeachment, for the first time since the presidency of Richard Nixon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I absolutely support his impeachment. He has no sense of tact or any ounce of professionalism. The fact that you can become president without having any political experience is mind-boggling.

The electoral college needs to go. It was useful a long time ago but we're at the point it's no longer needed. It's causing more issues and encouraging attitudes where people don't think their vote would count. Hearing people say their vote wouldn't matter is so frustrating. No matter what your political views are, it's important to vote. Getting involved to vote for your local elections are very important because they will make a difference in the long run.

The thing is, I meet many Republicans (many of them my own family members, although I'm not a Republican myself) that argue that the Electoral College keeps our elections in check. While I don't agree with this assertion, perhaps it should become nationwide where the electoral college is based on congressional district, not a winner-takes-all system-this is already done by Maine and Nebraska (in the 2008 election, John McCain won most of Nebraska's electoral votes, but Barack Obama managed to get one from winning one of its congressional districts, and the same was seen in Maine in the past election, where Hillary Clinton won the majority of Maine's electoral votes but Donald Trump managed to get one for winning a congressional district).
I personally would rather have the electoral college not exist anymore like you said, but the idea of splitting electoral votes by congressional district may be the only idea with bipartisan support.

The thing is, while impeachment of presidents hasn't been popular with recent presidents (it wasn't popular during Clinton's impeachment in 1998 and 1999, and polls released in 2006 and 2014, respectively, didn't find much support for impeachment of Bush or Obama, which is surprising, especially considering how unpopular George W. Bush got in his second term), Trump is the first president where there is actually popular support to impeachment, for the first time since the presidency of Richard Nixon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The thing is, I meet many Republicans (many of them my own family members, although I'm not a Republican myself) that argue that the Electoral College keeps our elections in check. While I don't agree with this assertion, perhaps it should become nationwide where the electoral college is based on congressional district, not a winner-takes-all system-this is already done by Maine and Nebraska (in the 2008 election, John McCain won most of Nebraska's electoral votes, but Barack Obama managed to get one from winning one of its congressional districts, and the same was seen in Maine in the past election, where Hillary Clinton won the majority of Maine's electoral votes but Donald Trump managed to get one for winning a congressional district).
I personally would rather have the electoral college not exist anymore like you said, but the idea of splitting electoral votes by congressional district may be the only idea with bipartisan support.

The fact that Trump is getting such support to be impeached means something. He got in with no political experience and that, to me, was red flaggish to begin with.

I mean I'd liken this to Watergate, where Nixon wasn't the only domino to fall. (yes, I know he resigned, but for practical purposes the end result stays the same)

So if Trump is found guilty of high treason, then the matter becomes "just how deep into political ties does this go?", and if Pence is also found to be an accomplice or otherwise having fully known about it and turned a blind eye, well then...

(also disclaimer, I'm by no means saying I know any of this to be true. this is purely a hypothetical possibility)

Honestly I wouldn't really mind dismantling and removing all politicians that are in office right now and start over as a popular vote going from local levels and up. But that would take a lot of time and most of us rely on the government in some way or another so that's not going to happen.

The fact that Trump is getting such support to be impeached means something. He got in with no political experience and that, to me, was red flaggish to begin with.

I'm also not surprised at all about the chances that Russia's government got involved in this. Even if the Russians didn't rig American ballot boxes or anything, the fact that fake news managed to spread like a wildfire over the Internet and affect the opinions of so many people (which, sadly, my mom fell victim to, where I would on occasions notice her browsing such websites on her laptop and basically be brainwashed by it, and constantly asking me and my dad why news sources didn't mention it on television, and that comes down to one simple reason: none of it was true!) shows that there was foul play going on in this election. Also, when you consider the fact that James Comey was investigating the involvement that Trump's campaign had with Russian officials, and then all of a sudden he was fired around a week ago, there's no good reason why Trump's actions couldn't be considered fishy at all. My mom and several other people I know from my community here in the Jackson area of Mississippi firmly believe that Trump's firing of Comey had to do with how he handled the Hillary Clinton email controversy, but on that, I call BS.

I'm also not surprised at all about the chances that Russia's government got involved in this. Even if the Russians didn't rig American ballot boxes or anything, the fact that fake news managed to spread like a wildfire over the Internet and affect the opinions of so many people (which, sadly, my mom fell victim to, where I would on occasions notice her browsing such websites on her laptop and basically be brainwashed by it, and constantly asking me and my dad why news sources didn't mention it on television, and that comes down to one simple reason: none of it was true!) shows that there was foul play going on in this election. Also, when you consider the fact that James Comey was investigating the involvement that Trump's campaign had with Russian officials, and then all of a sudden he was fired around a week ago, there's no good reason why Trump's actions couldn't be considered fishy at all. My mom and several other people I know from my community here in the Jackson area of Mississippi firmly believe that Trump's firing of Comey had to do with how he handled the Hillary Clinton email controversy, but on that, I call BS.

I mean... plenty of people on the Democrat side were calling for Comey to get fired for weeks before Trump did it.

There's fake news on both sides of the spectrum. That's why it's important for people to read all sides and make up their own minds on what's going on.

*fix auto correct errors

Last edited:

I disagree with getting rid of the electoral college. Not that I'm trying to keep the democrats out of office (though I do wish it would be more difficult for them to win office as long as they are extreme to the liberal views), but by doing this, the rural communities would no longer be listened to, as only the coastlines or at least two states would be listened to. Also, the cities and coasts are heavily left-winged, and if you want a government to work, you need both sides. Having the urban votes being the only ones that matter would throw the government out of balance.

The electoral college needs to go.

The electoral college is an attempt to give a say to smaller states like Rhode Island in comparison to larger states like Texas. It wouldn't be fair to get rid of it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also you may have noticed that many democratic votes were in densely populated areas. I'm not trying to bash democrats, but giving them an advantage over smaller rural areas isn't fair at all. I agree with what apple said.

The electoral college is an attempt to give a say to smaller states like Rhode Island in comparison to larger states like Texas. It wouldn't be fair to get rid of it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also you may have noticed that many democratic votes were in densely populated areas. I'm not trying to bash democrats, but giving them an advantage over smaller rural areas isn't fair at all. I agree with what apple said.

I actually remembered back when the election ended, the left wing all of the sudden began to oppose the electoral college. Not just that it allowed Trump to win, but also because in the past 7 elections, 2 of them were won by a candidate that lost the popular vote (which was the conservative). But I thought they took it more seriously because it went in favor of Trump.

I also remember that since Trump won the election, people were trying to prevent Trump from getting in. They sued states to recount votes, they harassed electors to voting Hillary or wishing that there were enough faithless electors, and they rioted and protested. But look what happened. Recount efforts in Florida didn't happen, a judge blocked Pennsylvania from recounts, and the recounts in Wisconsin made Trump win even more. The electoral college had two faithless electors that denied Trump the votes, but there were more faithless electors that denied Hillary the votes. And Congress has approved of the electoral college process.

I believe that one reason why Trump lost the popular vote was because of how serious both Californians and New Yorkers took the election. If we get rid of the electoral college, it will take these two states to determine the winner of the election. I wouldn't want that to happen, which backs up my reasoning on why I support the electoral college.

even if we impeach, we still get mike. he/his administration made sure to get a vice president who is on the same agenda as he is on. so even if we impeach, sure we have a different person, but we are still going to go through the same shtstorm maybe even worse since they have the same agenda, so it wouldnt make any drastic difference. sure it can be some sort of political statement. but it still would have just as much value as those who chose third party/didnt vote. they make a statement but didnt make a difference. which is something we really need. action behind wisdom.

also, nearly half of americans love him and think the same way he does, nearly all of them not minorities. added with economic power.

even if we impeach, we still get mike. he/his administration made sure to get a vice president who is on the same agenda as he is on. so even if we impeach, sure we have a different person, but we are still going to go through the same shtstorm maybe even worse since they have the same agenda, so it wouldnt make any drastic difference. sure it can be some sort of political statement. but it still would have just as much value as those who chose third party/didnt vote. they make a statement but didnt make a difference. which is something we really need. action behind wisdom.

also, nearly half of americans love him and think the same way he does, nearly all of them not minorities. added with economic power.

I would also like to mention that whether or not he gets impeached, Obamacare would have already been repealed by the time his impeachment begins. So if you want him removed from office before the Obamacare repeal happens, I don't think it will happen.

I'm not sure why I decided to bring up Obamacare as an example of what Trump is doing, but some of the stuff he is doing are already in process, and a change in management won't change that.

if we're going to delve into the topic of impeachment of trump, let's talk about the vice first. he's a super righteous man, but the negative is he's extremely homophobic, transphobic, etc. when i say righteous, i mean he won't talk to another woman in private without his wife. so is that better than trump, although he's super against anything not "pure or holy" or some ****??

well, trump is not righteous AND homophobic so it's your flip

"wont talk to another woman in private without his wife"

sounds rather unhealthy

- - - Post Merge - - -

and ive always thought mike pence was a lot more extreme about the topic of LGBT?

Back